What's new

Trade Mitchell (Include Clarkson)

I wonder what Memphis’s commitment to Dillon Brooks is. I mean, I’m not a big fan of his game, and I think even his defense is way overrated, but at least he’s an ***. They could use a microwave off the bench.

I wonder what Memphis’s commitment to Dillon Brooks is. I mean, I’m not a big fan of his game, and I think even his defense is way overrated, but at least he’s an ***. They could use a microwave off the bench.
After our playoff series with Memphis I thought they would make a good trade partner. They could really use a second scorer and we could use some youth and althetecism.

Problem is I think they need a big wing and a good center much more than they need JC. Morant, Melton, Bane, and Jones has actually been good. Their issues are mostly defense. I think Bogey would be interesting for them... JC not so much. I think they keep Brooks long-term but they are a weird team to project going forward. I would love to get Brooks. His defense might actually be good now that fouling is legal.

Problem is I think they need a big wing and a good center much more than they need JC. Morant, Melton, Bane, and Jones has actually been good. Their issues are mostly defense. I think Bogey would be interesting for them... JC not so much. I think they keep Brooks long-term but they are a weird team to project going forward. I would love to get Brooks. His defense might actually be good now that fouling is legal.
I want someone who appears to have more heart than Don and Rudy.... and who makes Don and Rudy think, “****, that guy can’t look like he cares more than me, so, here I go, steppin’ it up!”

Dillon Brooks had a great series against us, but to me he's kind of the prototype of a fake good player on both ends. Scores a lot, but is somehow a high volume low efficiency non shot creator. Gets in your face defensively, but also fouls like crazy and can't stand in front of anybody. Kyle Anderson has had a really tough start but I still think he's a better player than Brooks. The advanced numbers have traditionally loved Anderson and hated Brooks. Have to agree.

I think my wish list priority would be White, Smart, Hart, Anderson, Thad out of the "realistic" targets in that order. Don't think Nance and Covington are available but if Portland implodes or trades for Simmons I like them too. I hadn't thought about Eric Gordon much until he was brought up today. Not exactly someone who I would rely on as a stopper at his age, but he's kind of in the Rudy Gay mold of old dudes who you trust to be on the floor in big moments. I'd trust him to close more than Clarkson, that's for sure.

I want someone who appears to have more heart than Don and Rudy.... and who makes Don and Rudy think, “****, that guy can’t look like he cares more than me, so, here I go, steppin’ it up!”
Oh me too... even if it has major douchebag energy... actually we may need a little more of that.

Dillon Brooks had a great series against us, but to me he's kind of the prototype of a fake good player on both ends. Scores a lot, but is somehow a high volume low efficiency non shot creator. Gets in your face defensively, but also fouls like crazy and can't stand in front of anybody. Kyle Anderson has had a really tough start but I still think he's a better player than Brooks. The advanced numbers have traditionally loved Anderson and hated Brooks. Have to agree.

I think my wish list priority would be White, Smart, Hart, Anderson, Thad out of the "realistic" targets in that order. Don't think Nance and Covington are available but if Portland implodes or trades for Simmons I like them too. I hadn't thought about Eric Gordon much until he was brought up today. Not exactly someone who I would rely on as a stopper at his age, but he's kind of in the Rudy Gay mold of old dudes who you trust to be on the floor in big moments. I'd trust him to close more than Clarkson, that's for sure.
It was a couple years ago but Gordon absolutely shut down Donovan in the playoffs. I think he is reliable against certain guards but has limits.

It was a couple years ago but Gordon absolutely shut down Donovan in the playoffs. I think he is reliable against certain guards but has limits.

He and his goons that were not guarding anyone else on the Jazz lol

I agree though, he's underrated defensively and as an athlete even at his age. He is strong as hell and once upon a time was a dunk contest type athlete. There aren't real scenarios where I see Clarkson closing games. I can only realistically seeing his role shrink in the playoffs...which kinda defeats the flamethrower purpose. Gordon is someone I can definitely see closing games and scaling into a more valuable role.

It would have been interesting if the Jazz got creative and did something like Clarkson + Favors for Gordon this summer.

This thread is a perfect example of why I try to stay off this forum. The Jazz have been playing poorly and are still third in the west in a conference and a league that is wide ****ing open why the **** would you trade our best player? Only the playoffs matter to this team at this point and yes, the guys need to figure out how to motivate themselves to get up and play better against sub-500 teams in the regular season. But we are legit ****ing contenders and throwing away some games to bad teams early in the regular season doesn't change that. Touch some grass. Everyone just can't wait to be a mid-lottery team again. Loser mindset has a hold over this fanbase.

Ya if we stay healthy we will be right there at the end with as good a chance at a title as anyone

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ironically, JC has the highest net rating on the team. Obviously that’s not because he’s playing great, but his play isn’t tanking the team like it seems. Just playing devils advocate as a huge proponent of a trade.

Really, there’s not much that has this season that has changed my opinion on things. The team is performing almost exactly the same as last year. The offense in particular is best in the league by a mile as has been noted.

The previous playoffs results are the real motivating factor. We’ve got to bite the bullet and move JC or Bogey. Otherwise there isn’t really a reason to expect different results.

JC had a great game against Portland. He was moving the ball with everyone else. I tried watching for it purposely, and saw that he had about 3 or 4 passes that gave people wide open shots that they either missed or they passed up for another open shooter. He could have ended with close to 10 assists. Really the best team game we played through and through so far this season.

Interestingly enough, Mitchell felt like the ball stopper last night. Not that it adversely affected the game that much, and I know he had a lot of assists, but it still felt like if the ball was stopping, it stopped with him.

JC had a great game against Portland. He was moving the ball with everyone else. I tried watching for it purposely, and saw that he had about 3 or 4 passes that gave people wide open shots that they either missed or they passed up for another open shooter. He could have ended with close to 10 assists. Really the best team game we played through and through so far this season.

Interestingly enough, Mitchell felt like the ball stopper last night. Not that it adversely affected the game that much, and I know he had a lot of assists, but it still felt like if the ball was stopping, it stopped with him.
agree. but sometimes commits dumb plays like that long 3

agree. but sometimes commits dumb plays like that long 3
If he is putting up 20 point on efficient shooting with 3 or more assists and playing passable defense I will take the occasional ill-advised shot. What player doesn't do those kinds of plays now and then.