What's new

Trade Prediction

Will a Trade Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My gut tells me DL May be trading the hopes and dreams of Jazz Nation for a case of epididymal hypertension.
What dreams exactly? The chances of signing someone is low and completely unknown. You have 2 more seasons before Donovan is getting max money (same timeline Conley comes off the books). If you strike out on FA you either have to commit to Rubio or essentially run it back again with less. Conley is a decent get and certainty. He has an injury history yes but I’m not sure what grand plan some of you have.

What dreams exactly? The chances of signing someone is low and completely unknown. You have 2 more seasons before Donovan is getting max money (same timeline Conley comes off the books). If you strike out on FA you either have to commit to Rubio or essentially run it back again with less. Conley is a decent get and certainty. He has an injury history yes but I’m not sure what grand plan some of you have.
I think you missed what I meant.

I think that we will trade for Conley. Part of me hesitant that it won't happen though because usually there isn't this much talk about a specific deal from Jazz insiders. The Jazz are usually extremely tight lipped.

We need to make a trade. With the possibility of signing Harris gone who are we saving money for in free agency that we can actually possibly get to sign? We need to either trade for a player who improves our team (like Conley) or take a contract in return for an asset which gives us options over the next few seasons. Standing pat and then just re-signing our own in free agency gets us nowhere.

We need to make a trade. With the possibility of signing Harris gone who are we saving money for in free agency that we can actually possibly get to sign? We need to either trade for a player who improves our team (like Conley) or take a contract in return for an asset which gives us options over the next few seasons. Standing pat and then just re-signing our own in free agency gets us nowhere.
But that is the jazz way. No risk, no problem.

"Utah was making some progress in acquiring him. His agent says Conley doesn't want to play in Utah. He prefers the Eastern Conference" -

I voted no and I was right

I was just going to say "I hate to be an I told you so" but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't change much in terms of a championship. Warriors are walking away with it.