What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I read Portland is likely going to bring Nurk back.

Denver is getting Murray back, Hyland looks legit, and Morris is solid. Not sure White moves the needle for them.
They would like to bring back Nurk... I think having another viable center is fair for them given his injury issues but who knows. The Milwaukee pick they own isn't great but they could do Bledsoe and that pick for Vuc. It would be kinda weird though.

Denver is rumored to be trying to trade Morris to save some dough... Likely not giving him away but if he was traded for a mid/late/future first I wouldn't be shocked. They need depth badly. I think they may move Barton if they can get something cheaper too. Denver owners are cheap asses.

I just listened to the Locked on Nuggets podcast, Matt Moore said the expectation around the league at this point is that Gobert is going to Chicago.

Yeah, I posted his direct quote a few pages back which has lead to this discussion mostly.

I just listened to the Locked on Nuggets podcast, Matt Moore said the expectation around the league at this point is that Gobert is going to Chicago.
Which is why I think they relented on Williams' inclusion. Would make sense if we told them we were close but don't want White/Vuc... so go hunt around and tell me what you can get for them.

I see Hunter and Williams as guys to push for in order to raise the return on other assets. Neither excite me but if they value them irrationally high then it’s a good opportunity to get them to sub in other - and in my opinion even better - assets.
With Hunter I agree but I'm fairly intrigued on Williams.

Good for you. I'm at work and don't have time to read every single post that's made.

Lol wasn’t a slant at you bro. I’m at work too.. I have repeatedly praised you for your constant work posting Twitter links and other information. Relax.

I knew a guy with four kids and a pretty cool wife who was cute and hard working. He got excited about a much younger girl at the office and thought he’d have a more promising future. He left his wife and they had a 3 month fling before she got bored after drying him out financially. Now he has neither have a cool, cute wife nor a hot mistress and he’s stuck wearing a neon yellow vest with gigantic numbers on it.
Wait... so who are we the secretary or the kids?

Not enough was made about this trade being perfect for Utah.

I'd rather have Okeke and a 2023 first than this year's 10th pick.

Okeke is like a step below the Patrick Williams/DeAndre Hunters of the NBA (young tall wing talent), but I believe in him. Had a down year offensively, but the guy can really guard and he's big.

I'd do this trade. Sign Yuta for the minimum. Sign Delon Wright at the MLE. Trade Jordan Clarkson to the Spurs for the 25th pick (maybe Jake Laravia?) and Josh Richardson.

Mitchell/Wright/Butler
KCP/Richardson/NAW
Okeke/Yuta
Bojan/Royce/Larava
Gobert/Udoka

Last edited:
Just a random thought....Quickley and Toppin were both +/- gods last year. Quickley has been that both years of his career. I prefer them individually more than RJ Barrett.

Just a random thought....Quickley and Toppin were both +/- gods last year. Quickley has been that both years of his career. I prefer them individually more than RJ Barrett.
I had this thought on them as well. It is partly the Julius Randle effect I believe. I think Quickley in particular is a guy I kinda convinced myself might be a lot better than his current numbers. I would still prefer Randle but I was trying to make a case for a Donovan trade where they keep RJ.

Not enough was made about this trade being perfect for Utah.

I'd rather have Okeke and a 2023 first than this year's 10th pick.

Okeke is like a step below the Patrick Williams/DeAndre Hunters of the NBA (young tall wing talent), but I believe in him. Had a down year offensively, but the guy can really guard and he's big.

I'd do this trade. Sign Yuta for the minimum. Sign Delon Wright at the MLE. Trade Jordan Clarkson to the Spurs for the 25th pick (maybe Jake Laravia?) and Josh Richardson.

Mitchell/Wright/Butler
KCP/Richardson/NAW
Okeke/Yuta
Bojan/Royce/Larava
Gobert/Udoka
The deal in that article is weird. What exactly is Orlando doing there.

I had this thought on them as well. It is partly the Julius Randle effect I believe. I think Quickley in particular is a guy I kinda convinced myself might be a lot better than his current numbers. I would still prefer Randle but I was trying to make a case for a Donovan trade where they keep RJ.

Part of it is Randle for sure, but Quickley's raw on court rating is awesome....the Knicks have kicked *** when he's on the court. +7.4 in 3000+ minutes is pretty special.

Part of it is Randle for sure, but Quickley's raw on court rating is awesome....the Knicks have kicked *** when he's on the court. +7.4 in 3000+ minutes is pretty special.
When I looked at him it was in part because a Knicks fan was talking about how it was dumb that Herro was considered a way better player than Quickley. I found myself wanting Quickley more than Herro... he's clearly doing something out there.

My probably bad theory that I could talk myself into was - Get Quickley and all the Knicks picks for Donovan... then keep Rudy and then Quickley goes bonkers next to Rudy and we don't take any steps back and end up with all the lotto scratchers from NY.

When I looked at him it was in part because a Knicks fan was talking about how it was dumb that Herro was considered a way better player than Quickley. I found myself wanting Quickley more than Herro... he's clearly doing something out there.

My probably bad theory that I could talk myself into was - Get Quickley and all the Knicks picks for Donovan... then keep Rudy and then Quickley goes bonkers next to Rudy and we don't take any steps back and end up with all the lotto scratchers from NY.

I agree on the Herro comparison, but I'm still hoping for a more premium asset than Quickley coming back for Don.