What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think we can largely stand pat and roll with a new coach, if standing pat also meant moving Mike and Royce and bringing in someone like Delon Wright and filling the roster out with the House/Juancho types.
I personally want to keep Rudy and DM, roll with 3 new starters, keep JC coming off the bench, and give the new coach a year. I think I’m in the minority.

I don't see how we can get 3 new starters with our trade assets that will compliment DM and Rudy to make a significant impact. The only way I see that we can change the make-up of this team is to trade a major asset and get a different skill set

I personally want to keep Rudy and DM, roll with 3 new starters, keep JC off the bench, and give the new coach a year. I think I’m in the minority.
Except you can't. You ain't getting any starting material by trading Conley/Bogey/Royce only. Let alone three “new starters”. Taking a gamble on draft picks is our best bet.

I've seen Blood in Blood Out, and American Me. I just know this isn't about to be pleasant.
I agree, I just have a bad feeling about this. Kim Becker reporting on Fan Nation https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/he...Emiliano Carchia of,am told," Carchia tweeted. that Toronto is the new destination Gobert is being linked to and that oddsmakers are giving it a 50/50 chance. With Ayton and Turner out there decreasing his value we'll be lucky to get OG Anunoby and maybe a low first. I mean we already have our O.G. on the roster and he's got his gun to our head but management is too damn stupid to realize it.

I’d bite. I’d send out Conley and NAW, then trade Royce somewhere for salary dump.

I'd be down for that. Assuming we're able to re-sign House....a lineup of Don/House/Bogey/Hayward/Gobert would definitely improve the size and athleticism in our starting lineup.

I also think there's a chance we could use the 1st round pick to acquire Jerami Grant or Harrison Barnes.

I agree, I just have a bad feeling about this. Kim Becker reporting on Fan Nation https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/he...Emiliano Carchia of,am told," Carchia tweeted. that Toronto is the new destination Gobert is being linked to and that oddsmakers are giving it a 50/50 chance. With Ayton and Turner out there decreasing his value we'll be lucky to get OG Anunoby and maybe a low first. I mean we already have our O.G. on the roster and he's got his gun to our head but management is too damn stupid to realize it.

Any deal with Toronto has us getting back OG and Trent Jr. That is a huge win.

I mean I want those three gone. Royce can stay but come off the bench.
Who do we replace them with? I know Conley/Bogey/Royce aren’t great but starting caliber players don't just fall from the sky. It would take time to find their replacement. Would DM/Rudy hang around during that time?

Who do we replace them with? I know Conley/Bogey/Royce aren’t great but starting caliber players don't just fall from the sky. It would take time to find their replacement. Would DM/Rudy hang around during that time?

Conley for KCP and Deni/Rui

Bogey for Barnes

Royce for Green/23

You get a couple chances that either Deni/Rui or 23 develop into a solid starter.

We’re instantly bigger and better defensively.

Cavs get Conley
Hornets get LeVert
Jazz get Rozier and #39 (from Cle)

Saves Charlotte $2.6 this year and LeVert is an expiring so they clear off all money Rozier is owed long term.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the Jazz are looking to move away from having a small backcourt. They'll likely move Donovan to point guard and put a bigger 2 guard next to him. I don't really see them having interest in 6'1 Rozier.

So how is that even good?
We're going about this all wrong! We could get so much more for Mitchell and he's the malcontent in the first place. Anyway, anybody that thinks he'll learn to play defense is just fooling themselves IMO.

I mean OG and Trent Jr are good players lmao. They’re exactly what we need.