What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Any bets on the player/prospect that Danny "almost" trades for tonight? I guess it may take a few years to reveal the perfect 20/20 hindsight move that Danny wanted to do but didn't.
if it doesnt happen*, it's because he didn't want to include Bojan, Conley, or Royce. Or rather because the front office didn't want to.

Last edited:
Any bets on the player/prospect that Danny "almost" trades for tonight? I guess it may take a few years to reveal the perfect 20/20 hindsight move that Danny wanted to do but didn't.
Dejounte Murray. We will almost get him.

Something is happening today... I saw some twitter "sauces" kinda indicating stuff is happening but the can't talk about it. Dan Clayton being so sure something happens is also kind of affecting my thinking. Some of the people around the Jazz that are not super well known are ones that can give indicators without too much attention.

I would say there is an 80% chance something with our top 6 guys happen... might just be Royce or Mike and not the BIG one.

Something is happening today... I saw some twitter "sauces" kinda indicating stuff is happening but the can't talk about it. Dan Clayton being so sure something happens is also kind of affecting my thinking. Some of the people around the Jazz that are not super well known are ones that can give indicators without too much attention.

I would say there is an 80% chance something with our top 6 guys happen... might just be Royce or Mike and not the BIG one.

I think a Mike trade has a decent chance of happening. Can’t see Royce being traded for obvious reasons. I don’t really trust the fan turned blogger turned reporter crowd. Nothing against them, but the lines between their opinions/what they want and an actual report are very blurry.

i hope so. im bored and sick of our roster besides DM and Gobert.

Conley is getting traded today. I would bet a large amount of money on that. I think he basically the only player on the roster who's trade status is completely independent of the other choices we have. We either deal him to make Mitchell the smallest player of the starters or we deal him to get future assets/tank. Either way he is dealt.

Currently I think the only way Gobert gets traded is if Mitchell is traded. The return of "win now" pieces just isnt there for Gobert. Better packages will open up if the Jazz just focus on taking back bad salary and future assets.

The Conley trade could trigger other trades, like Bogey being dealt.

Royce will be dealt if someone falls that the Jazz really love (I dont expect this).

Also if we fall short Locke or TJ will definitely mention we were close on a number of deals. We won't find out who they will claim we missed on until during the season. Say Deni Avdija blows up and has a great season "You know the Jazz were close to getting a deal done that would have got Deni". It will be like the report we were high on Dort a couple years later... and they conveniently blow past the fact we picked 3 guys in the 50s and he went undrafted.

Conley is getting traded today. I would bet a large amount of money on that. I think he basically the only player on the roster who's trade status is completely independent of the other choices we have. We either deal him to make Mitchell the smallest player of the starters or we deal him to get future assets/tank. Either way he is dealt.

Currently I think the only way Gobert gets traded is if Mitchell is traded. The return of "win now" pieces just isnt there for Gobert. Better packages will open up if the Jazz just focus on taking back bad salary and future assets.

The Conley trade could trigger other trades, like Bogey being dealt.

Royce will be dealt if someone falls that the Jazz really love (I dont expect this).
I pretty much agree. I think Rudy gets dealt if Chicago puts in Williams, 18 and they are able to get something else they like better for Vooch and White. I would actually predict White goes into someone's space and we slide out of the tax and no one will put a spotlight on Ryan cheaping out.

I pretty much agree. I think Rudy gets dealt if Chicago puts in Williams, 18 and they are able to get something else they like better for Vooch and White. I would actually predict White goes into someone's space and we slide out of the tax and no one will put a spotlight on Ryan cheaping out.
I think they probably just roll with Vooch.

Good lord Sacramento is going to ruin their "retool" in less than a season by getting Collins next to Sabonis.
Sabonis already ruined it imo. He's such a tough fit that I don't know why you'd go get him unless it was at a discount.

I don't hate Barnes for Collins for them because Harrison has likely had enough and is ready to tap out. I could see JC happy scoring 20 a game and losing.

From Tony’s recent article…nothing groundbreaking.

Utah’s variance for a draft night where it enters with zero picks is as wide as can be. There is a chance that the Jazz make multiple trades by the end of the draft, and that the roster looks significantly different than it looked when the day started. There is a chance that Utah’s roster looks much the same as it did when the day started, and the only real significant change will be who’s coaching the team.

The latter is probably less likely than the former, sources say.

The Jazz are a team motivated to change itself. They want to get bigger and more athletic on the perimeter. They want to get a little younger in some spots. They want to improve significantly on the defensive end, where the perimeter is concerned. And, they would like the runway for Donovan Mitchell to become the point guard to have a little more clarity.

Can all of that happen in one night? Can it happen in a week? Or even by the end of the offseason? Probably not. But the Utah front office has committed itself to attempt to change the roster. It’s just a matter of whether anything materializes that can fit.

Sabonis already ruined it imo. He's such a tough fit that I don't know why you'd go get him unless it was at a discount.

I don't hate Barnes for Collins for them because Harrison has likely had enough and is ready to tap out. I could see JC happy scoring 20 a game and losing.
Yup/ Fox a tough fit too and they dont even fit each other.

I think they probably just roll with Vooch.
I would unless you got something solid for him. But TJ has been pretty adamant that he does nothing for the Jazz... not sure if that is his view or the Jazz view... but Vooch plus the rest of our roster would be just so flammable.