What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Jazz shouldn't be trading any (more) future 1sts. That's suicide for the inevitable rebuild (unless they hit a Gobert or Donovan home-run with the selection which you can never plan on).

It is unbelievable how bad they stepped in it with the Favors debacle.
I agree.
Yall know I'm a big Grant Williams guy. I think he could be fantastic as a "5th best starter" and Draymond Green type player.

View: https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1539940861714214912?s=20&t=WJAjTlCnwNQ8dMfoYSA34Q

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Another reason not to just give away picks like they are candy.

If the Jazz can swing JC for something cheaper you can use NAW as 10-12 minutes version of Clarkson. That's probably the best you can get out of him, considering he won't fetch you anything on the trade market.

Upside is you lose an absolute defensive liability in Clarkson and that can allow culture to shift back towards defense a little bit. NAW is slightly better there and is going to be more desperate to get playing time, so more effort. You also don't have to play NAW always and it could create more flexible rotation depending on matchups.

Something like JC for THT straight up saves us around 3 millions and you could even convince Lakers to give up a pick. Doesn't work on trade machine but the margins are small so there should be a work around.

Could also do Holmes for JC which saves us around 2 millions. If the Atlanta trade happens, Holmes can give you 30 minutes and depending on matchups, you can bench him to play Collins center. He is an efficient PnR partner for Mitchell and can protect the rim a little.

Jazz can't afford to have 2 of Mitchell, Clarkson and Bogey in rotation if they move away from Rudy. It won't matter what scheme they play so they need to trade Clarkson and Bogey for defenders and hope the swing is enough and NAW, Butler, Forrest can fill the void.

Last edited:
Those rumors about Jazz being really active in trading Rudy makes me nervous, if it's true it puts them in a weak negotiating position and may also make them desperate to take any offer at the last minute just to avoid running it back with even worse chemistry.

Unfortunately, Ujfanatic is right - nothing will happen and we will be mediocre yet again....
My sense is that the Jazz are in a weak negotiating position right now because the guys we have to trade are not the first choice options for other teams.

I do actually think the team will eventually make a move, maybe even a big move, but perhaps not today or in the first week of free agency. They may need to wait for the first wave of trades/signings to occur and then start negotiating with teams who missed out on their first choices.

Not to add additional pressure on the front office, but the next 12 hours most likely determines whether I even pay attention to the team next year. I've been mostly checked out since the Conley trade. They have a chance to put a compelling product on the floor again, but it would take a master stroke (think Michael Corleone in the last 10 minutes of the Godfather). I'm doubtful they will pull it off. I'm doubtful that it can even be done with the current state of things. Building around Mitchell seems like a terrible idea, but let's see what happens.

Not to add additional pressure on the front office, but the next 12 hours most likely determines whether I even pay attention to the team next year. I've been mostly checked out since the Conley trade. They have a chance to put a compelling product on the floor again, but it would take a master stroke (think Michael Corleone in the last 10 minutes of the Godfather). I'm doubtful they will pull it off. I'm doubtful that it can even be done with the current state of things. Building around Mitchell seems like a terrible idea, but let's see what happens.
Same. Last season was the least engaged I have ever been as a Jazz fan.

I'm firmly in the "blow it all up" camp and would personally be way more engaged with that over the next seasons, but acknowledge that's not the typical fans mindset. Next I would love to see them move DM but thats not happening. If they move Rudy and keep Don.......let the suckfest commence. Fan engagement will dwindle by all-star break and the following season will see the lowest viewership/attendance in a looong while.

I am sure Danny Ainge's PSI gauge just went WAY up!

Any bets on the player/prospect that Danny "almost" trades for tonight? I guess it may take a few years to reveal the perfect 20/20 hindsight move that Danny wanted to do but didn't.