What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't think it's overstated because they have to shed some salary for Tucker.
I think its overstated because they don't have to get Tucker and they may be able to do more meaningful things with Green's deal, their pick and Thybulle. They were after Eric Gordon as well. If they found something that works for Korkmaz, Thybulle, and a pick that gives them good value they do it and try to get Tucker... but who says PJ even wants to go there? If Miami offers a similar deal why would he trade Miami for Philly?

Then what good was bringing Ainge in
He is supposed to fix this
It's not an overnight fix. This roster needs perimeter defense. The Conley money is going to be almost impossible to move this year. Next offseason he's gone and most likely so will be Bogey.
The Jazz will try to upgrade Royce but it's slim pickings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It's not an overnight fix. This roster needs perimeter defense. The Conley money is going to be almost impossible to move this year. Next offseason he's gone and most likely so will be Bogey.
The Jazz will try to upgrade Royce but it's slim pickings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I actually think Conley could be a better asset if moved in season. If he plays well it will wash away some of his playoff stink.

I think its overstated because they don't have to get Tucker and they may be able to do more meaningful things with Green's deal, their pick and Thybulle. They were after Eric Gordon as well. If they found something that works for Korkmaz, Thybulle, and a pick that gives them good value they do it and try to get Tucker... but who says PJ even wants to go there? If Miami offers a similar deal why would he trade Miami for Philly?

Tucker to PHI feels very real to me because of how much instant reporting was done it when Tucker opted out. It makes sense for PHI, makes sense for Tucker, and GMs love their own guys.

Clearly, he's indicating that the Jazz are going to trade Mitchell for a top-3 pick and two future 1sts, bringing back Paolo Banchero as their new franchise cornerstone.

Mitchell goes to Houston. Orlando is confident that the Thunder will take Chet at #2, so they trade back to #3 for Jabari Smith and add a future 1st.

Then the Jazz send Gobert to Sacramento for #4, take Jaden Ivey and say, "F all y'all."

Last edited:
Tucker to PHI feels very real to me because of how much instant reporting was done it when Tucker opted out. It makes sense for PHI, makes sense for Tucker, and GMs love their own guys.
Tucker was always going to opt out though. When the stuff comes out who benefits from leaking it? Tucker's camp may have said "Morey will give us 3/30M" in order for Miami to tack and extra year on his deal. It really doesn't benefit Philly to have that come out. Morey has been shopping his pick and thybulle to everyone but that just his MO.

I'm sure they have interest... I'm also sure they have other interests that directly compete against the Tucker interest and they are pursuing those routes as well.

I think Thybulle is fake good at defense. Gets his STOCKS on gambling too much.... his offense is soooooooo bad. He's a rotation player but I don't think he's awesome.
He is a menace. It's weird to hear this from you after you tried to bring almost every disruptive defender to the Jazz lol. He is the most disruptive of them all, too and his on-ball defense is pretty good too.

I don't think playing with Embiid helps his offense. He isn't a great fit there. His shooting isn't great but the leap back to %35 doesn't seem very far out of reach since he improved his %FT to 79.

His on-ball defense felt pretty strong to me, though I wouldn't call him lockdown and his steal numbers seem to me more recognition and length than gambling.

He is a menace. It's weird to hear this from you after you tried to bring almost every disruptive defender to the Jazz lol. He is the most disruptive of them all, too and his on-ball defense is pretty good too.

I don't think playing with Embiid helps his offense. He isn't a great fit there. His shooting isn't great but the leap back to %35 doesn't seem very far out of reach since he improved his %FT to 79.

His on-ball defense felt pretty strong to me, though I wouldn't call him lockdown and his steal numbers seem to me more recognition and length than gambling.
I agree. Good post. We could use a guy like Thybulle.

I know its likely a little inconsistent... It comes from listen to the Rights to Ricky Sanchez podcast for a while (the guys are hilarious die hard sixers fans) and they can't stand him most of the time. I think the scouting report is out on him a bit and now his aggressiveness can be used against him. He has ****** rebound numbers too... I think he's a guy I'd want to see in a new environment for sure but I think he is over-rated by a lot of folks.

He has murdered their playoff offense and gotten benched which is another issue. Overall I think he's a solid wing for 20 minutes a night and may help solve some of the activity problems we have.

I know its likely a little inconsistent... It comes from listen to the Rights to Ricky Sanchez podcast for a while (the guys are hilarious die hard sixers fans) and they can't stand him most of the time. I think the scouting report is out on him a bit and now his aggressiveness can be used against him. He has ****** rebound numbers too... I think he's a guy I'd want to see in a new environment for sure but I think he is over-rated by a lot of folks.

He has murdered their playoff offense and gotten benched which is another issue. Overall I think he's a solid wing for 20 minutes a night and may help solve some of the activity problems we have.
I just think playing with Embiid is hard, he isn't really a ball-hog but his passing isn't consistent and he needs to hold the ball in his hands more and that really makes Thybulle's weaknesses much more glaring. He would be a much better fit with Jokic in Denver or where 2021 Jazz when the ball moved much quicker. I agree we need to see him elsewhere, though.

I just think playing with Embiid is hard, he isn't really a ball-hog but his passing isn't consistent and he needs to hold the ball in his hands more and that really makes Thybulle's weaknesses much more glaring. He would be a much better fit with Jokic in Denver or where 2021 Jazz when the ball moved much quicker. I agree we need to see him elsewhere, though.
Philly is still kind of a **** show too... so guys may perform better elsewhere. Thybulle might be one of those guys that is fully unlocked when someone uses him like Bruce Brown or GP2.