What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Well I stand corrected, I like Butler, hopefully he works out.
The screw up we made was honestly not taking him #30 (or whoever we wanted). JB being buried on the bench with our small guard conundrum is not that big of an issue if you have him on a 4 year deal. We had no space or exceptions to use so getting a guy in the second meant he was on a two year deal. In that case you really need to pick someone that can get on the floor.

I think he could come in and murder it at Summer League and get some PT, but then again he led all rookies in scoring in the pre-season and Quin was like "nah... sit yo *** down".

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Shams reporting that Indiana has had discussions with Atlanta about Capella and Sacramento has discussed John Collins.

gomretat

The screw up we made was honestly not taking him #30 (or whoever we wanted). JB being buried on the bench with our small guard conundrum is not that big of an issue if you have him on a 4 year deal. We had no space or exceptions to use so getting a guy in the second meant he was on a two year deal. In that case you really need to pick someone that can get on the floor.

I think he could come in and murder it at Summer League and get some PT, but then again he led all rookies in scoring in the pre-season and Quin was like "nah... sit yo *** down".
I am obviously in the minority on this site but I give Quin high marks for developing players and how much he got out of the talent he had. The list of players he took from undervalued, undrafted or 2nd round and created decent role players was above average if not great - more than most coaches I can think of. Niang, Royce, Rudy, Ingles and Forest. Maybe even Neto belongs on the list. I think Q has to get credit for what he did with Hayward and Donny as well. I get the mood around Butler, every team has those guys and most years there is someone on the Jazz that we are sure would be better with more minutes. Butler made sense but I give Quin the benefit of the doubt. I just hope our next coach gets as much out of our guys and as is good at development. I am in the Tony Jones camp that Quin was a great coach. The notion that all he can do is coach PnR is absurd. Flame away.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Jazz out: Gobert
Jazz in: Collins/Hunter/Turner

Hawks out: Collins/Capela/Hunter/16
Hawks in: Gobert

Pacers out: Turner
Pacers in: Capela/16

I seriously doubt the Hawks budge on Hunter...I don't think he's going anywhere.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Minnesota is apparently interested in Capela as well. Such a shocker there is a market for a top-12 ish center.

KqWIN

If the Kings are passing on Ivey and drafting Murray instead I will be completely changing my draft analysis on the two and say Murray will be a bust and Ivey is indeed the next DRose.