What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Chris Mannix: Rival executives have been trying to figure out why San Antonio, which loves to lock up homegrown talent, seemed to be so eager to move off the 25-year old Murray. Atlanta, which had been eager to shake up the roster, gets a budding star. A question I’ve heard from a few league execs since news of Murray’s availability first broke: Have we seen the last of Pop on the Spurs bench? San Antonio, perhaps intentionally, could be the worst teams in the NBA next season.

Chris Mannix: Rival executives have been trying to figure out why San Antonio, which loves to lock up homegrown talent, seemed to be so eager to move off the 25-year old Murray. Atlanta, which had been eager to shake up the roster, gets a budding star. A question I’ve heard from a few league execs since news of Murray’s availability first broke: Have we seen the last of Pop on the Spurs bench? San Antonio, perhaps intentionally, could be the worst teams in the NBA next season.
But tanking is for losers and losers only tank etc

I think even if he comes back later we still have control over what he does.
Don't remember seeing that anywhere, but just that he just had to wait out the year. Hence the rumors of Pops going out after this next season and Quin stepping in. If the Spurs wanted to move up that time frame, they'd need to deal with Utah.

Which is why they know better than anyone what a goddamn waste of time it is to be a treadmill team.

Think about that: not even the greatest coach of all time could turn a treadmill situation into a real winner.
If the Spurs had made the playoffs for 6 consecutive years I doubt they'd be selling Murray for picks.

I just don’t see the Jazz standing pat. I think something major erupts in the next 48 hours for 2 reasons:

- The Jazz were reportedly “blown away” by Will Hardy. I can’t imagine that he wowed them by laying out some run of the mill, “hey, let’s run it back” type of plan.

- Ryan Smith likes being a cool kid. His rebrand was a resounding thud and most definitely uncool, but now he has the chance to change the narrative by hiring a new coach, making some big roster changes, and spending the franchise’s entire All Star Game season selling everybody on: The Utah Jazz- A new hope.

Someone like DiVincenzo is a good culture guy like Juancho and House that you bring in and it’s obvious how much the belong on the floor because they’re going to work hard, and by extension highlight just how lazy this roster is.

Richardson, McDermott and Poeltl are likely quite available now. Guessing Jakob goes to Raps for a pick or something. Rich and Doug not that sexy.
It’s time to unload on them. Send them Quin with all of our garbage salary for McDermott. Nobody realizes it because it was overshadowed by our “historic“ three point shooting teams, but we really lack a pure three point shooter. A lot of people would say Bojan is one, but we’ve really missed it since Korver left, and Douggie McBuckets would really help out.