What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

All this bickering on what’s gonna or should happen next when Ryan Smith has been telegraphing what he’s gonna do in a situation like this since he purchased the team.

If you read the tea leaves, Ryan has a vision for the Jazz that’s along the lines of: We don’t rebuild, we reload. I think bringing in D-Wade was part of his vision along those lines. I could end up being wrong, but I don’t think the next move is trading Donovan. In fact, quite the opposite. I think he’s currently trying to orchestrate a coup with the Gobert assets and bring somebody MASSIVE in to play alongside Don.
I do feel that way too. All we can do ATM is speculate until the day comes.

If Don become available a lot of teams are going to call on him. He literally averaged more ppg on better efficiency than Steph last season, lol.
I agree he will go for a ton but you need to stop with this Curry stuff. Mitchell isn't even close to Curry and never will be.

Don's charisma is CEO, super leader level. I agree. Don's value is inflated in Utah because the Jazz are so desperate for it - elsewhere not so much. Rudy will have a super star wing helping with the perimeter in Minnesota. There will be no sorry collapse like it was here.
26 ppg guys in their prime on reasonable deals don't grow on trees. Rudy's deal will be the worst in the NBA in a couple of years and the Wolves are a terrible franchise, haven't won a series in almost 2 decades. The Don hate/slander is so weird.

I agree he will go for a ton but you need to stop with this Curry stuff. Mitchell isn't even close to Curry and never will be.
He averaged more ppg on better efficiency this year. When Curry didn't have his super team last year he couldn't even lead GS to the playoffs...

Just a n

Do you give up 5 first round picks for a player who does not want to play for your team? Hell no you don't. You just invested the decade and possibly your career.
Don isn't valuable, you're right. If you have to move Don again or Rudy again in 2 years does Don at 27 with a $30M deal or Rudy at 32 with a $45M deal sound more appealing?

26 ppg guys in their prime on reasonable deals don't grow on trees. Rudy's deal will be the worst in the NBA in a couple of years and the Wolves are a terrible franchise, haven't won a series in almost 2 decades. The Don hate/slander is so weird.
Agree to disagree. :)

Just a n

Do you give up 5 first round picks for a player who does not want to play for your team? Hell no you don't. You just invested the decade and possibly your career.
Of course you do if you view him as a game changer for you because Mitchelll is locked up for 3 more years. That is plenty of time to change his mind.

Don isn't valuable, you're right. If you have to move Don again or Rudy again in 2 years does Don at 27 with a $30M deal or Rudy at 32 with a $45M deal sound more appealing?
This is where the goal posts are moving. First it was that we were all wrong about Rudy’s value. Well that didn’t work out.

Now it’s a fictitious world where “well if they were both traded TWO YEARS from now……I mean that’s what I always meant”.

Real talk, all respect, not a lot of dudes eat that L and keep it all gas not brakes into the next one. Respect

This is where the goal posts are moving. First it was that we were all wrong about Rudy’s value. Well that didn’t work out.

Now it’s a fictitious world where “well if they were both traded TWO YEARS from now……I mean that’s what I always meant”.

Real talk, all respect, not a lot of dudes eat that L and keep it all gas not brakes into the next one. Respect
When evaluating a players value you have to take a long term approach, correct?

Hoopshype has Don at #11 and Rudy at #28 in terms of trade value. Age/contract play a large role in what a guys value is, because Ainge fleeced a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 2 decades doesn't dictate Don's value. And at the end of the day those picks could all be late 1st rounders and we end up with basically nothing but end of roster guys for Rudy.

Hoopshype has Don at #11 and Rudy at #28 in terms of trade value. Age/contract play a large role in what a guys value is, because Ainge fleeced a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 2 decades doesn't dictate Don's value. And at the end of the day those picks could all be late 1st rounders and we end up with basically nothing but end of roster guys for Rudy.
Rudy got a fan boy offer. Don will not. Ainge will have to engineer a super creative 3 or 4 team trade to get equal or better value than they got for Rudy. It is not going to happen.

Come on man, let’s just be honest with each other. I know you don’t fully believe what you’re saying.

Again, I admire the commitment to the cause though. Don’t ever change.

Funny thing is Deron Williams never got CLOSE to the amount of hate Donovan did here. I think even after we traded Williams he didn't get the amount of hate Mitchell gets.

****, not even Carlos did.

Rudy got a fan boy offer. Don will not. Ainge will have to engineer a super creative 3 or 4 team trade to get equal or better value than they got for Rudy. It is not going to happen.
Rudy got back 4 future 1sts, two unproven rookies, 2 role players on expiring deals, and a young role player on a cheap deal that provides basically nothing offensively. There's a realistic scenario where not one of the 5 guys we acquired is ever a rotational player here, lol.

Rudy got back 4 future 1sts, two unproven rookies, 2 role players on expiring deals, and a young role player on a cheap deal that provides basically nothing offensively. There's a realistic scenario where not one of the 5 guys we acquired is ever a rotational player here, lol.
There really isn't.