What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Who in that trade do you view as a for sure rotational piece here going forward? Beverly/Beasley have expiring deals, Kessler/Bolmaro are total unknowns, Vanderbilt is the only one and he's nothing special.
So honest question, in your view, is it widely regarded that the Jazz won this trade and that most well regarded journalists are blown away by what we got for Rudy?

Next, are they all wrong?

In the short term Beasley/Beverly could be but to suggest we got some crazy return for Rudy is kinda funny when other teams got similar draft capital and top tier young prospects in similar trades and the best player we received is Vanderbilt.
Trust me on this: You are dramatically underestimating the value of 1st round picks.

So honest question, in your view, is it widely regarded that the Jazz won this trade and that most well regarded journalists are blown away by what we got for Rudy?

Next, are they all wrong?
The draft capital is nice but it's an unknown. The team didn't receive any building blocks now or going forward. If the picks all end up being late 1st rounders then what? I'm done going back and forth with you, your hate for Don is a little strange but you should get over it since he's the franchise player we chose to build around.

I'll never post on here again if we trade Don and the best player we get back is a worse asset/player than Jarred Vanderbilt.
Based on your track record of stable and unwavering goal posts I’m sure you will be very honest in your assessment.

Trust me on this: You are dramatically underestimating the value of 1st round picks.
You can use those picks to draft guys who in a best case scenario become a franchise player such as Ingram/SGA have been for the teams that traded away their star.

The draft capital is nice but it's an unknown. The team didn't receive any building blocks now or going forward. If the picks all end up being late 1st rounders then what? I'm done going back and forth with you, your hate for Don is a little strange but you should get over it since he's the franchise player we chose to build around.
You didn’t answer one portion of the question though.

You can use those picks to draft guys who in a best case scenario become a franchise player such as Ingram/SGA have been for the teams that traded away their star.
Or you can package them for a solid return. Lots of flexibility.

If the Jazz traded Mitchell for Herro Robinsion and a future protected 1st, YoungJefe would claim it was a better return than the Gobert trade because Herro is better than Vanderbilt.

If the Jazz traded Mitchell for Herro Robinsion and a future protected 1st, YoungJefe would claim it was a better return than the Gobert trade because Herro is better than Vanderbilt.
You think that's all we'd get back? If we get less back for Don then Rudy, I'll admit it. But I'd imagine we'll get back a good young player for Donovan, we didn't for Rudy.