What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What gets me us that I fully believe that DM wanted out with the reports of if we had a first or second round exit. We haven't done anything yet to make that any different. Right now we are a borderline playoff team.

Is DM willing to go a season of mediocrity when he wants more?

What gets me us that I fully believe that DM wanted out with the reports of if we had a first or second round exit. We haven't done anything yet to make that any different. Right now we are a borderline playoff team.

I'm like 75% convinced Don gets traded to Brooklyn this week.

I will be mighty pissed if Brooklyn help lakers get Kyrie Irving lakers were the ones that took on the Westbrook contract I would say let them rot with that **** contract why do popular teams who have made bad decisions always look for a bail out stuff lebron he thinks he runs a franchise my dislike for him grows by the day at least Jordan had class

I will be mighty pissed if Brooklyn help lakers get Kyrie Irving lakers were the ones that took on the Westbrook contract I would say let them rot with that **** contract why do popular teams who have made bad decisions always look for a bail out stuff lebron he thinks he runs a franchise my dislike for him grows by the day at least Jordan had class
Russ is on an expiring, Kyrie is done playing there, they can potentially get out of Harris deal while also acquiring multiple picks.

Hopefully, Donovan has a lick of sense in him and he’s paying attention to what Kevin Durant is currently going through. It’s pretty easy to pout your way into a much worse situation.

Even if Donovan does have an eye towards an exit, hopefully he’s also looking at how well the Jazz have set up his future going forward and that they still have the belief in him that he’s a player worth building around.

So the KD trade seems to be coming down to this ---

PHX can offer Ayton, Bridges, Cam and a boatload of picks, but BRK wants an All Star. Hence, the Jazz could get involved with Mitchell, but it also means that Simmons would need to be traded somewhere. A day or so ago, this was the front-runner to get a deal done. Ainge is going to ask for a lot for Mitchell, obviously, but if the Jazz take Ayton, Cam and half the picks, that might make it work. I could also see Ainge asking for BRK to add a couple assets too.

TOR can offer OG, GTJ, Precious and a boatload of picks. BRK is going to ask for Scottie Barnes. If Toronto agrees to send Barnes, I'd imagine the Nets will take that deal. It also means that BRK can keep Ben Simmons.

NOLA can offer Ingram without requiring the Nets to trade Simmons in a separate deal, since Ingram isn't a Designated Player. NOLA can also offer draft capital, including their own picks and some Laker assets.

MIA can offer Bam, Herro, Robinson and picks, but KD wants Bam to still be on the Heat's roster. Without Bam, it's probably not enough to get a deal done, and Simmons would still need to be traded. I don't think MIA has what it takes to trade for KD. TBH, I don't think MIA really has the assets to trade for Mitchell either.

I would guess the Jazz are happy enough to pay Ayton 4/104 or whatever the number is, but don't necessarily see him as a long-term part of the rebuild. Probably only want him if the asset cost is low since we're going to be 3-4 years away from even attempting to put a winning team together.

If all he costs is a single pick, sure. Probably can rehab his value above that. Any more and I doubt we're interested.

I would guess the Jazz are happy enough to pay Ayton 4/104 or whatever the number is, but don't necessarily see him as a long-term part of the rebuild. Probably only want him if the asset cost is low since we're going to be 3-4 years away from even attempting to put a winning team together.

If all he costs is a single pick, sure. Probably can rehab his value above that. Any more and I doubt we're interested.

The Jazz could probably acquire Ayton for Bojan's contract, plus a pick or two. They'd just need to be willing to pay him his contract. I could see that happening even if the Jazz keep Mitchell for the time being.

As for Mitchell, it's likely going to come down to the Knicks, Nets/Suns three-way, or keeping him.

So the KD trade seems to be coming down to this ---

PHX can offer Ayton, Bridges, Cam and a boatload of picks, but BRK wants an All Star. Hence, the Jazz could get involved with Mitchell, but it also means that Simmons would need to be traded somewhere. A day or so ago, this was the front-runner to get a deal done. Ainge is going to ask for a lot for Mitchell, obviously, but if the Jazz take Ayton, Cam and half the picks, that might make it work. I could also see Ainge asking for BRK to add a couple assets too.

TOR can offer OG, GTJ, Precious and a boatload of picks. BRK is going to ask for Scottie Barnes. If Toronto agrees to send Barnes, I'd imagine the Nets will take that deal. It also means that BRK can keep Ben Simmons.

NOLA can offer Ingram without requiring the Nets to trade Simmons in a separate deal, since Ingram isn't a Designated Player. NOLA can also offer draft capital, including their own picks and some Laker assets.

MIA can offer Bam, Herro, Robinson and picks, but KD wants Bam to still be on the Heat's roster. Without Bam, it's probably not enough to get a deal done, and Simmons would still need to be traded. I don't think MIA has what it takes to trade for KD. TBH, I don't think MIA really has the assets to trade for Mitchell either.
I want more than Ayton, Cam and three 1sts from PHX for DM.

I want more than Ayton, Cam and three 1sts from PHX for DM.

I agree. I think it's possible that Bojan would go out in a trade for Ayton too. Jazz would want more picks/swaps and something from BRK.

If the Jazz are close on the BRK deal, it also puts pressure on the Knicks. The last thing they want is the player that NY media has been hyping up for months to end up on the Nets.

This was offered by a non Jazz fan on Hoopshabit. Who says no? Well besides the 76ers.

NBA Trades: 3-team trade lands Donovan Mitchell on New York Knicks: The trade​

Knicks receive: Donovan Mitchell

Jazz receive: Tobias Harris, Obi Toppin, Cam Reddish, Matisse Thybulle, 2023 1st-Round Pick (from NYK, via DAL), 2023 1st-Round Pick (from NYK, via WAS), 2024 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2026 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2028 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2023 2nd-Round Pick (via PHI), 2027 2nd-Round Pick (via PHI), 2029 1st-Round Pick (via PHI)

76ers receive: Evan Fournier, Bojan Bogdanovic