What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

This was offered by a non Jazz fan on Hoopshabit. Who says no? Well besides the 76ers.

NBA Trades: 3-team trade lands Donovan Mitchell on New York Knicks: The trade​

Knicks receive: Donovan Mitchell

Jazz receive: Tobias Harris, Obi Toppin, Cam Reddish, Matisse Thybulle, 2023 1st-Round Pick (from NYK, via DAL), 2023 1st-Round Pick (from NYK, via WAS), 2024 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2026 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2028 1st-Round Pick (via NYK), 2023 2nd-Round Pick (via PHI), 2027 2nd-Round Pick (via PHI), 2029 1st-Round Pick (via PHI)

76ers receive: Evan Fournier, Bojan Bogdanovic

I don't think the Jazz would want Tobias. If the Jazz wanted Mathisse, they could do a different trade with Philly that didn't involve Mitchell. Patrick Beverly could bring back Mathisse, for example.

NYK punted on their lottery pick in the draft this year to get extra picks they could use in a trade for a star player. They passed on Duren, Dieng, Williams and other good players. I really think that Mitchell is the one they want and the one that's most available to them. It'll be a huge whiff if Mitchell moves and NYK is left standing there with all these picks.

BRK is going to want to suck every last bit of value out of the KD trade. The sky is the limit on this. I'm not sure it's the right opportunity to trade Mitchell. I'd like to see NYK go all in and give us the return we really want.

If the Nets trade Simmons in the next couple days, it will be a huge clue that the Jazz are probably sending Mitchell to BRK.

I have to believe that Donovan is getting traded. In order for the Jazz to try and stay competitive and re-tool around Donovan they're going to have to give up draft picks in trades. I just don't see Ainge wasting picks to build around a player that he knows damn well he's going to have to trade in a year or two anyway, he's way too smart for that. I think he's going to burn this bitch to the ground and build it back up from scratch.

I have to believe that Donovan is getting traded. In order for the Jazz to try and stay competitive and re-tool around Donovan they're going to have to give up draft picks in trades. I just don't see Ainge wasting picks to build around a player that he knows damn well he's going to have to trade in a year or two anyway, he's way too smart for that. I think he's going to burn this bitch to the ground and build it back up from scratch.

I mean if we’re being realistic barring injuries the other two 2023 1sts we own are likely to be in the 20’s. I’d deal one or two for Ayton.

BRK is going to want to suck every last bit of value out of the KD trade. The sky is the limit on this. I'm not sure it's the right opportunity to trade Mitchell. I'd like to see NYK go all in and give us the return we really want.

If the Nets trade Simmons in the next couple days, it will be a huge clue that the Jazz are probably sending Mitchell to BRK.
Right but they don’t want to rebuild so they may swap all the draft currency they extract and trade it in for young players on longer contracts… if they can get something for Ben I think they’d gladly bring in Donovan and give a bunch of draft capital to do it. I’m not sure where Ben makes sense but Indiana, NY, Miami, could have interest. I couldn’t think of a ton more but maybe Orlando gives a couple picks… one of their own one from Chicago to bring him in. If you can grab the extra picks they get and the Phoenix picks I like it better than the Miami package. I honestly don’t think NY goes all in on the tiny backcourt and I think Don may have signaled that he’s not all that excited about going to the Knicks… could be all wrong there… that is the preferred package I agree.

Nobody is arguing that. People aren’t getting the point.

If you would rather the Wolves do better than the Jazz that is weird to me.

People legit have said they’d rather Rudy win a ring than us get a high pick.
What anyone would "rather" have happen doesn't matter a bit. It is going to happen regardless. I'm not going to rip open the sack cloth and ashes if the Wolves do well next year (hint- They are going to be very, very good.) I have already written next year's pick off (we could use it to get Ayton for all I care.) Now after next year, they may see slippage and I'm OK with that.

Here is my bet… Donovan is more likely to be a member of the Heat or Nets than Knicks.

Three team scenario where we get all the Miami picks, Herro goes to the nets because they can’t find anything for Ben… we get the Phoenix picks from 2025/2027/2029 and all the Miami draft capital plus swap rights. We take whatever salary we have to… Duncan, Joe Harris… we get like 6 picks and dismantle further from there.

I actually don't think the Jazz are going to do anything to help Brooklyn. I think they are bluffing to drive the price up for New York. That's the only play. If there is no New York deal, you just hold on to Donovan. The Brooklyn and Heat deals are garbage. Jazz will take Ayton from Phoenix if the deal is good enough (A player and a first.) Otherwise I think they just might start doing small ball deals to trim age off the roster and get picks.

Right but they don’t want to rebuild so they may swap all the draft currency they extract and trade it in for young players on longer contracts… if they can get something for Ben I think they’d gladly bring in Donovan and give a bunch of draft capital to do it. I’m not sure where Ben makes sense but Indiana, NY, Miami, could have interest. I couldn’t think of a ton more but maybe Orlando gives a couple picks… one of their own one from Chicago to bring him in. If you can grab the extra picks they get and the Phoenix picks I like it better than the Miami package. I honestly don’t think NY goes all in on the tiny backcourt and I think Don may have signaled that he’s not all that excited about going to the Knicks… could be all wrong there… that is the preferred package I agree.

Jazz should sit back and let BRK trade KD to PHX. Then let BRK do a separate trade for Mitchell, at which point, KD is out the picture and the Jazz can ask for the moon. I don't think Miami's trade offer (what I've heard of it) would be good enough to trade for Mitchell. I also don't think the Knicks are going to pass on Mitchell just because they have Brunson. They've been after Mitchell for at least 2 years.

It's rare that a 25 year-old All Star is available for trade. If the Knicks' front office doesn't swing for it, they could be out of a job.

Nets end up with Ben, Herro, Bridges, Ayton and a Phoenix pick… plus the Lakers picks that will inevitable be coming from the Kyrie/Westbrook trade that will happen.

Jazz should sit back and let BRK trade KD to PHX. Then let BRK do a separate trade for Mitchell, at which point, KD is out the picture and the Jazz can ask for the moon. I don't think Miami's trade offer (what I've heard of it) would be good enough to trade for Mitchell. I don't think the Knicks are going to pass on Mitchell just because they have Brunson. They've been after Mitchell for at least 2 years.

And honestly both Brooklyn and NY might feel the need to outbid the other to get Don and in doing so, give up a ton.