What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I meant afford as in assets. They really want to deal their 2025 or beyond pick just to save money?
And get Conley yes. they have a cap crunch and just let Brunson walk to save money. Didn't end up with Dragic either so... they might be ready to do it.

I don't understand why we are in such a hurry to push Conley out the door if his value is this low. Just bring him off the bench if Don needs to be a pg. His value will creep up in the regular season so long as he is healthy... Danny will do the right thing.

Escrow.com didn't look like it would work. Open to other ideas.
Someone can hold it for you, in a paypal account or something, as long as you both trusted them.

@Jason needs to create a JazzFanz bookie system that can hold the money!

I don't see why Dallas would be so attached to Bullock. Conley slides so well into that role Brunson was playing.
Because he was super critical to their defense last year. Think they would value his 3 and D role over Brunson/Conley right now.

And get Conley yes. they have a cap crunch and just let Brunson walk to save money. Didn't end up with Dragic either so... they might be ready to do it.

I don't understand why we are in such a hurry to push Conley out the door if his value is this low. Just bring him off the bench if Don needs to be a pg. His value will creep up in the regular season so long as he is healthy... Danny will do the right thing.
Sounds like we wanted Marcus Morris, wonder if we'd attach anything with Conley for DFS.

Because he was super critical to their defense last year. Think they would value his 3 and D role over Brunson/Conley right now.
Okay, so a Conley trade to Dallas could involve:

Powell - $11 million expiring
Kleber - $9 million expiring
Bertans - $16 million, $17 million, $16 million (only $5 million guaranteed)
DFS - $12.4, $13.4, $14.5, player option $15.4

Bertans should come with a pick. I'm not interested in DFS really.

And they appeared to not want to give him more. And they walked from an extension negotiation at a very reasonable number for what he’s already demonstrated.
The league is investigating the Knicks and most expect them to get punished for tampering.

This is a dumb question, but I figure someone here should be able to explain how things work. I'm curious how it works trading future picks when the team sending out the pick already has an outgoing pick that's protected and can roll over to subsequent years. For example, our 2024 1st rounder goes to OKC in the event that the pick is 11 or higher. If we land in the top 10, the pick conveys in the subsequent year, and so on. So, are we even able to do a deal right now that includes our 2026 1st rounder? I imagine not given there's a scenario where that pick actually goes to OKC. I probably butchered my explanation, but I imagine there's someone smart here who can 1) decipher what I'm asking, and 2) explain how this works.

This is a dumb question, but I figure someone here should be able to explain how things work. I'm curious how it works trading future picks when the team sending out the pick already has an outgoing pick that's protected and can roll over to subsequent years. For example, our 2024 1st rounder goes to OKC in the event that the pick is 11 or higher. If we land in the top 10, the pick conveys in the subsequent year, and so on. So, are we even able to do a deal right now that includes our 2026 1st rounder? I imagine not given there's a scenario where that pick actually goes to OKC. I probably butchered my explanation, but I imagine there's someone smart here who can 1) decipher what I'm asking, and 2) explain how this works.
You're correct. The Lakers can't trade their 2023 pick because the Pelicans have a pick swap and they can't trade their 2024/2025 picks because the Pelicans have the option to defer so that also makes them ineligible to trade their 2026 pick too.

The Jazz can't trade a FRP in any year where it might convey to another team. They also can't trade FRPs in back-to-back drafts. So a protected FRP might prevent the Jazz from trading another of their FRPs for three or even four years in some cases.

Conley would be good for the Mavs, but they certainly dont need Conley.

It would be more about them getting off Bertans massive deal.

The Jazz can't trade a FRP in any year where it might convey to another team. They also can't trade FRPs in back-to-back drafts.
So, given our pick could convey to OKC in 2026 (which is the latest it could convey - and cool side note, if it doesn't convey then, it's just extinguished - no 2nd rounder or anything), then the earliest pick we could send out in a trade today would be our 2028 1st rounder, is that right?