What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Of the new guys, I think Beverley is the most likely to get moved, Beasley moved for the right price (otherwise kept and probably not given option for next year unless he blows up) while Vanderbilt and Kessler both stay. Bolmaro also stays but G-League bound.

Of the new guys, I think Beverley is the most likely to get moved, Beasley moved for the right price (otherwise kept and probably not given option for next year unless he blows up) while Vanderbilt and Kessler both stay. Bolmaro also stays but G-League bound.
i hope you are right. gotta keep vando around. he's a fun player to have whether you are tanking or trying to win a title. and he's probably more valuable to any team he's on than what he can bring back in a trade. it was a coup for ainge to land vando in that deal along with everything else.

There has never been a better time to have unprotected picks. Lotto odds changed and became more flat... you also have a play in with adds variance. A good team like the Clips misses the playoffs. The pick then becomes the #12 pick... and had an 8% chance of jumping into top 4. 8% isn't a lot... but you make enough of these bets and one will hit.

Yep, we need to get as many picks we can to get a cumulative high % for #1 if we can.

XMol86.jpg

Yep, we need to get as many picks we can to get a cumulative high % for #1 if we can.

XMol86.jpg
It’s a math problem at that point. How many non-protected lottery picks can you get? Each one increases the percentage that you’ll get the #1 pick - or even just a top 4 pick. That should be the goal.

It’s a math problem at that point. How many non-protected lottery picks can you get? Each one increases the percentage that you’ll get the #1 pick - or even just a top 4 pick. That should be the goal.
And shorting the future of multiple teams (Minny, Miami, LA) gives a better shot than just banking on one team to suck. Getting swaps in the even years you can use against the other swaps you have also helps.

I, like everyone, still prefer a package that bets against NY, but if you can finesse Herro into the LA picks and now you bet against two teams instead of one... I like it.

You usually aren't going to hit the home run with other picks like Danny did getting Tatum and Brown... but Nets at the time had Dwill and Lopez I believe... so two young guys to compliment all the aging dudes they acquired with picks. The Heat would have Bam and Donovan... which means they should be good... but Butler is older and paid a ton... even if they decided to move him his value wouldn't be what you'd expect... Lowry is dust. If their cap room is gone and they have no draft assets... then the cute moves they do to get Jimmy and Kyle start to evaporate. So you are betting against Donovan, Bam, and Heat culture. It's not a great bet but its not Lebron, Bosh, Wade either.

A lot of reports coming out that the Knicks aren't willing to trade RJ. Maybe trying to strong-arm the Jazz into accepting less for Mitchell?

A lot of reports coming out that the Knicks aren't willing to trade RJ. Maybe trying to strong-arm the Jazz into accepting less for Mitchell?

If by less you mean more then yes because that means more picks.

Ummmm, what are we getting back, Kyrie?
I feel like any NY deal that doesn't include RJ should be a non-starter.
I thought that too but we could potentially get 6 god damn picks back. That’s 10 total accumulated picks this off-season. And Quickly and Toppin along with that is still a win. Beasley, Bev, Vanderbilt, Kessler, Bomaro, And 10 picks plus our own presumably our own top 3-5 pick next year and possible top ten pick in 24. I’m good with all that.