What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Deron Williams' tatoos weren't great. Neither were Andrei Kirilenko's.
Ugh remember Williams covering up those arm tattoos with that huge blob of black ink that was supposed to be a "panther" or something. Horrible.

I don’t think this trade happens NOW. I think The Knicks suck next year and give up even more for him at the deadline.

Jazz out: Mitchell, Beverley, Bogey

Jazz in: Toppin, Quickley, Fournier, Westbrook, 23/25/27/29 Knicks 1sts, 27/29 Lakers 1sts, 26/28 Knicks pick swaps, 28 Lakers pick swap, 2023 Dallas 1st, 2025 Milwaukee 1st

Beverley and Bogey if added in with the Knicks deal would be enough to take back Westbrook. We’d add 9M in salary but we’d still be under the tax plus we can save money in the buyout and the Lakers would save almost 15M in salary. That might be enough to motivate them to give us their 27/29 1sts and a pick swap in 28.
That should be the motivation, but you essentially ask them “who do you want?” for that draft capital. Re-route rookie-scale Knicks players if that’s what it takes. But that is a super juicy haul since their draft is owned by New Orleans and it’s gonna be hard for them to recover, even if they can sign some guys, IMO. They’re situation is ominous enough to place a low-risk, high-reward bet against them getting their **** together by then.

Not sure what this sudden interest in getting Westbrook is about.

I’m all about getting as many assets as possible, but $47 million is a helluva buy high move for a draft pick. Technically it’s legal, but man that’s a LOT of money.

If I didn’t think he’d be a total douche and create a negative team culture, I’d be all about bringing him in and driving the tank. Pretty sure he’d be a triple double machine with the Jazz - but it’s not worth the chance that he sets a negative tone with the new young guys for even one game.

There’s gotta be a better option to trade Conley, Bogey, Clarkson and Beverley than facilitating that deal.

Not sure what this sudden interest in getting Westbrook is about.

I’m all about getting as many assets as possible, but $47 million is a helluva buy high move for a draft pick. Technically it’s legal, but man that’s a LOT of money.

If I didn’t think he’d be a total douche and create a negative team culture, I’d be all about bringing him in and driving the tank. Pretty sure he’d be a triple double machine with the Jazz - but it’s not worth the chance that he sets a negative tone with the new young guys for even one game.

There’s gotta be a better option to trade Conley, Bogey, Clarkson and Beverley than facilitating that deal.

We’d 100% buy Westbrook out. His salary comes off the books at the end of the season. We do it for the unprotected 27/29 Lakers picks. Those will be super valuable.

That makes those draft picks that much more expensive. Does Ryan really want to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's be serious here. If we want to get draft choices from selling Bogey, Conley, Beverley, etc., we're very likely getting back unwanted salary (maybe longer-term than Westbook's). So the question isn't the single salary per se, but the salary in relation to the amount/quality of draft picks coming back.

If you think we can get a better haul than 2 unprotected Laker picks in the latter half of the decade for Bogey and Conley (for example), I'd like to see the trade(s) idea. (Not totally sure that Lakers will even give us that.