What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Let's be serious here. If we want to get draft choices from selling Bogey, Conley, Beverley, etc., we're very likely getting back unwanted salary (maybe longer-term than Westbook's). So the question isn't the single salary per se, but the salary in relation to the amount/quality of draft picks coming back.

If you think we can get a better haul than 2 unprotected Laker picks in the latter half of the decade for Bogey and Conley (for example), I'd like to see the trade(s) idea. (Not totally sure that Lakers will even give us that.
If the Lakers give us that offer, we should probably take it - just hate the idea of Bogey in LA.

Since they wanted Buddy Hield… wonder if they’d do Fournier, Bev, Vando, Gay for Westbrook. Would save them a **** ton of money between tax and salary.

Not sure what this sudden interest in getting Westbrook is about.

I’m all about getting as many assets as possible, but $47 million is a helluva buy high move for a draft pick. Technically it’s legal, but man that’s a LOT of money.

If I didn’t think he’d be a total douche and create a negative team culture, I’d be all about bringing him in and driving the tank. Pretty sure he’d be a triple double machine with the Jazz - but it’s not worth the chance that he sets a negative tone with the new young guys for even one game.

There’s gotta be a better option to trade Conley, Bogey, Clarkson and Beverley than facilitating that deal.
Some Westbrook to Utah deals I saw were variations of Westbrook + '27 1st and a swap for Conley, Gay, and filler. Clears out more cap next year and nets the pick. It also gets Conley to a situation where he may compete for a chip. But tweaked as necessary, it could be a decent deal

The Westbrook thing is one where I would just take whatever because its not my money and has no effect on the team's performance.

I'm sure Westbrook wouldn't be happy with playing in Utah, but I would actually love to watch him go at it for us next year. He plays with such passion and athleticism that he's really fun to watch, especially when you're not concerned about winning at all. He'll also have some crazy head scratcher moments that would be fun to watch.

How about all their seconds plus pick swaps in 27, 28 and 29?

Just over a year ago we went into the playoffs with the best record in the league. Now we’re looking at the possibility of a Westbrook/Beverly backcourt. Welp.