What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Interesting, I didn't know that. So now it is a conspiracy that the league sold out the Jazz to make LA better. hahahahaha.
It was equal parts screw the Jazz, help the biggest market, and to stop free agency from being a thing.

I think DM has to get sorted out first.
I’m not sure it does… I know there is some leverage in saying “we will just keep him”. We can say that whether we rebuild or try to be competitive. I think the fact that they have so much inside knowledge with CAA that threat is hollow long term. The biggest threats are we can move him somewhere else and we can wait you out here.

Couple dates to watch. A Lebron extension has to be completed by August 4th. If they don’t get that extension do they feel great about sending out draft capital if Lebron doesn’t extend?

September 5th - that is the date we can aggregate the Minny guys with other salary to complete trades. So a Bev/Bogey/JC to Lakers for Westbrook trade (or whatever version we get) can’t happen until after then. Based on what some are saying about Conleys value I think he may just be here until the deadline until there is an injury. The playoffs are the last thing people remember as dumb as that is. He can help the young guys be competent and develop. Don’t mind him sticking around… extreme load management though… no back to backs… random rest days… needs to be fresh as a daisy.

Except that wasn't the "deal." The Jazz signed Goodrich as a free agent. The NBA stepped in later and took the Jazz pick and gave it to the Lakers. The Jazz had no say in the matter whatsoever. Mostly they were afraid of sending another Star to die there like what happened wit Maravich. Late 70's NBA was majorly sketchy.
This. The Jazz were straight up robbed. The league knew Magic was the best player to come out of college in decades and they wanted him in the top franchise, not in some backwater place with unstable ownership that might not even be around in the next 5 years. So they literally took it into their own hands to build a dynasty that would fuel the money machine for years to come.

But imagine the team we would have had with Goodrich and then adding Magic on top of that, along with possibly the Malone draft just a couple of years later. Could have been a Utah dynasty. But no way the league would have that at that time especially, when they were trying to really kick-start the NBA brand.

I’m not sure it does… I know there is some leverage in saying “we will just keep him”. We can say that whether we rebuild or try to be competitive. I think the fact that they have so much inside knowledge with CAA that threat is hollow long term. The biggest threats are we can move him somewhere else and we can wait you out here.

Couple dates to watch. A Lebron extension has to be completed by August 4th. If they don’t get that extension do they feel great about sending out draft capital if Lebron doesn’t extend?

September 5th - that is the date we can aggregate the Minny guys with other salary to complete trades. So a Bev/Bogey/JC to Lakers for Westbrook trade (or whatever version we get) can’t happen until after then. Based on what some are saying about Conleys value I think he may just be here until the deadline until there is an injury. The playoffs are the last thing people remember as dumb as that is. He can help the young guys be competent and develop. Don’t mind him sticking around… extreme load management though… no back to backs… random rest days… needs to be fresh as a daisy.
I dont think the leverage is us faking being competitive. It's just us holding onto him and hurting his image.

Donovan up to this point is known for always making the playoffs and always being on good teams. If his efficiency drops and he's on a ****** team, he's going to look bad. He will be exposed as a product of Gobert's winning.

Which is honestly bad for all parties. Don's stock will go down. New York will be less pressured to overpay for him (unless they are also really bad).

This. The Jazz were straight up robbed. The league knew Magic was the best player to come out of college in decades and they wanted him in the top franchise, not in some backwater place with unstable ownership that might not even be around in the next 5 years. So they literally took it into their own hands to build a dynasty that would fuel the money machine for years to come.

But imagine the team we would have had with Goodrich and then adding Magic on top of that, along with possibly the Malone draft just a couple of years later. Could have been a Utah dynasty. But no way the league would have that at that time especially, when they were trying to really kick-start the NBA brand.
I hate to make the painful reminiscing all that much worse, but the Jazz also traded away their rights to Moses Malone to get one of those picks back as well.

It's probably not true. It was a post saying NYK cancelled the Brunson conference
I know I don’t understand the tweeter, but if the tweeter is erased, probably fake right? But for Argument Sake, if the Brunson thing is canceled, does that mean they don’t want to sign him? And probably because they don’t want to play him and Mitchell together? Which means they’ve come to a deal or close to a deal for Mitchell?

I know I don’t understand the tweeter, but if the tweeter is erased, probably fake right? But for Argument Sake, if the Brunson thing is canceled, does that mean they don’t want to sign him? And probably because they don’t want to play him and Mitchell together? Which means they’ve come to a deal or close to a deal for Mitchell?
He's already signed man. You cant just backout signing someone.

The idea is that it would be cancelled because something is about to happen that is more newsworthy than the introduction of Jalen Brunson, so it would overshadow the event and the questions would be Donovan dominated.

He’s signed. Locked in. Can’t undo that at this point. The moratorium is over and all agreed to deals became official.

If they delay it, the only reason that makes sense is they’re close to a deal for Mitchell and want to introduce them at the same time. That would be a splash move.

I hate to make the painful reminiscing all that much worse, but the Jazz also traded away their rights to Moses Malone to get one of those picks back as well.
Gail Goodrich, Moses Malone, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone....I do not care one whit who the other 4 in the 8-man rotation are, that lineup wins rings. That sucks.

Gail Goodrich, Moses Malone, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone....I do not care one whit who the other 4 in the 8-man rotation are, that lineup wins rings. That sucks.
Dominique Wilkins was in that time frame too but it's hard to know where we would have drafted if we had those guys. If we had Magic and maybe Dominique would we have been able to draft Stockton or Malone? Would have been a monster team.