What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Would you guys consider doing this...

Jazz receive: Jaylen Brown
Celtics receive: Mike Conley, Jarred Vanderbilt, Leandro Bolmaro/Walker Kessler, 2023 1st (via MIN), 2023 1st (via PHI/BRK/HOU), 2025 1st (via MIN), 2027 1st (Via MIN)
In a heartbeat.
Plus Brown isn't a star. He is a #3 on a good team. #1 on a tank team. He doesn't have the chops to carry anyone, and he alone isn't enough to get us anywhere near competitive.
Yes he is. #3 is a **** take he outplayed Tatum for a lot of the playoffs in my opinion, he’s a two way player with size and a good finisher. He hasn’t had an opportunity to carry a team, not sure how you can just claim that. He’s still young and getting better. The world is sleeping on Brown I mean he’s barely gotten his feet wet at 25 sky’s the limit for him. Him and Don would be nasty together.

In a heartbeat.

Yes he is. #3 is a **** take he outplayed Tatum for a lot of the playoffs in my opinion, he’s a two way player with size and a good finisher. He hasn’t had an opportunity to carry a team, not sure how you can just claim that. He’s still young and getting better. The world is sleeping on Brown I mean he’s barely gotten his feet wet at 25 sky’s the limit for him. Him and Don would be nasty together.

View: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1551543917010624514

He averaged 24.7 ppg in 20/21 and 23.6 ppg in 21/22, lol. You don't think that adding Brown would make us better? Donovan and Brown would literally be the best scoring duo in the history of the franchise. And this trade would be under the pretense that he asks to be traded which has been picking up some steam after the news broke that they were willing to move him for Durant. Brown is a top 25 player in the league, is only 25 and has gotten better year after year, lol.

If you tank do you think that the team realistically acquires two players better then Don/Brown that peak together within the next decade? Because it'd be the first time we've ever been able to do it.

Rudy was a great player in the regular season, Brown just showed why he's valuable when the games actually count.
Yeah none of those are 25-26.

It won't make us better than Boston, who had a better Mitchell in Tatum and the DPOY. We traded away our DPOY. We would likely score a lot, but not win a lot. No way we are better than we were the last 3 years without someone to actually anchor the defense. Play-in team at best for 3 years while we try to develop some young guys, but guys that aren't all that great because we are continually wasting these 1st round picks on picks 14-28. Then Mitchell asks out and we tank the wrong way. Better to just bite the bullet now and get it over with.

Yeah none of those are 25-26.

It won't make us better than Boston, who had a better Mitchell in Tatum and the DPOY. We traded away our DPOY. We would likely score a lot, but not win a lot. No way we are better than we were the last 3 years without someone to actually anchor the defense. Play-in team at best for 3 years while we try to develop some young guys, but guys that aren't all that great because we are continually wasting these 1st round picks on picks 14-28. Then Mitchell asks out and we tank the wrong way. Better to just bite the bullet now and get it over with.
He's a top 25 player in the NBA and only getting better.

Obviously it's not going to make us better than a team that just went to the Finals. We'd have two building blocks to shape the roster around and an elite scoring duo. I don't think that it's a play in team at best with 2 top tier scorers/athletes running the offense, we'd just have to build around them. There are other ways to win games without an elite rim protector in the middle, I mean none of the true contenders have a player that even closely resembles Rudy and were able to play great team defense.

Rudy was obviously a great defensive player and Quin did a good job building the scheme around him. But I think that it was almost a negative thing when the playoffs started because we were so dependent on him that if other teams took him out of the game we crumbled. It's impossible to make deep runs with the entire offensive engine and defensive engine more or less dependent on one player.

I absolutely would take Brown. But it won't do enough to move the needle for us now. No doubt he is a great player, but we needed to add one like that in the last 3 years like we have all been clamoring for. But adding it now won't do enough with Rudy out of the picture. And Brown is an ok defender, at least he is better than Mitchell, but he isn't enough to off-set what Rudy brought to the table. It will stick us on the playoff bubble and that won't cut it. Just blow it up.

Donovan, Brown, Ayton. Lots a manuvering but I think you can get those three plus a couple quality picks.

You take Westbrook salary and then trade next year with a pick and Kessler to get Ayton. Phoenix will want to get off a Ayton's salary.

If it proves that keeping Don is longterm untenable, then next year you can still trade Don to the Knicks.and get picks to build around Ayton, Brown.

I absolutely would take Brown. But it won't do enough to move the needle for us now. No doubt he is a great player, but we needed to add one like that in the last 3 years like we have all been clamoring for. But adding it now won't do enough with Rudy out of the picture. And Brown is an ok defender, at least he is better than Mitchell, but he isn't enough to off-set what Rudy brought to the table. It will stick us on the playoff bubble and that won't cut it. Just blow it up.
I can understand your concern because we'd have a pretty small window to get it right around them or could lose both. But having those two as the foundation to build around would be one of the better spots that the team has ever been in. It's all just hypothetical though, the Celtics aren't going to trade him.

So something to watch... if Lebron doesn't sign his extension by 8/4 then Cleveland may be his next destination (there are rumblings). If he does then LA will be more inclined to do a Westbrook deal where they give away picks. That is one of the things holding up the show.

If Cleveland thinks they have a shot they will want to clear a little future salary. So you might be able to swing a Bev/Bogey for Sexton/Lauri deal. If Sexton's next contract is 20M or under per year I think its a solid value. Might even front load it so the further out years have more value. Lauri I am meh on but he's younger and not super spendy so whatevs.

So watch for the decision next week. Its one of the dominos.

So something to watch... if Lebron doesn't sign his extension by 8/4 then Cleveland may be his next destination (there are rumblings). If he does then LA will be more inclined to do a Westbrook deal where they give away picks. That is one of the things holding up the show.

If Cleveland thinks they have a shot they will want to clear a little future salary. So you might be able to swing a Bev/Bogey for Sexton/Lauri deal. If Sexton's next contract is 20M or under per year I think its a solid value. Might even front load it so the further out years have more value. Lauri I am meh on but he's younger and not super spendy so whatevs.

How is Lebron going to make Space Jam 3 while playing in Cleveland?

Zero shot they trade future picks if he doesn’t sign I think. It’s a pretty big domino.

With the cap projected to go up to $133M next year they'd have $35M in cap space if they waive Osman and denied Stevens team option.

I'm not sure he commits to the Lakers either way though since he has been pretty vocal about his desire to play with his son. If he resigns there or signs with Cleveland I'd guess that it's a 1+1 deal so he has the ability to opt out and sign with whoever his son plays for in 2024.

If LeBron signed a 2 + 1 or something they probably would. I honestly don’t see him signing it.
Me either, I think he does a 1+1 with either the Lakers or Cavaliers but I don't think it really makes a ton of sense for him to limit his options before next offseason when the Lakers roster is pretty meh and AD can't stay healthy.

I think the most ideal/storybook ending for LeBron (over the next 3 years) would be breaking Kareem's record as a member of the Lakers then going back to Cleveland to chase one more title with Garland/Mobley and finally signing with the team that drafts his son so he can play the final year of his career with him.

Even if Bronny sucks we should draft him. :oops:

Thoughts on potentially trading Conley to Dallas for Powell/Kleber? @Handlogten's Heros @Elizah Huge
Not sure why either team does it unless we are keeping Donovan and adding some front court depth. From an asset standpoint I think I'd rather have Kleber/Powell as they both have expiring contracts I believe. Maxi is a good value on his deal and likely a guy that is easy to repackage in a separate trade. I'd do it. Dallas probably shouldn't but who knows.

Each and every passing day I increasingly think we should take Miami’s offer if they are able to supplement an extra 1st from another team.

Each and every passing day I increasingly think we should take Miami’s offer if they are able to supplement an extra 1st from another team.
Do you have confidence that they can do so? If so, why?

(And, just to be clear, are you assuming that their offer will be 3 unprotected picks plus whatever first they can muster from another team)?

Do you have confidence that they can do so? If so, why?

(And, just to be clear, are you assuming that their offer will be 3 unprotected picks plus whatever first they can muster from another team)?

I have laid out a scenario in a different thread before.

Essentially they send Lowry/Strus to Dallas while taking back Bertans salary then Dallas sends us salary filler plus a protected 1st or maybe two pick swaps?

Miami keeps Robinson and takes on Bertans which significantly hinders their cap space through 2025 when Donovan can opt out.

Miami sends us 23/27/29 unprotected 1sts plus pick swaps in 24/26/28. That pick package along with Herro/Jovic/Yurtseven.

Getting Herro would be a big win especially if we can extend him on a pretty good contract with the cap spike coming. HH has gone over this a few times and it really makes a ton of sense.

Herro/Jovic + 4 1sts (3 unprotected) + 3 pick swaps
or
Herro/Jovic + 3 unprotected 1sts + 5 pick swaps

I think that is a solid deal for sure. I will preface it like I always do by saying the Knicks can give us a bigger and better package but if the most they are willing to do is their B package than Miami’s A package is better.