What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Saint Cy of JFC

The Pels tried to play NAW out of position as their lead guard. It didn't work. But as a 4th or 5th option who spaces the floor and moves the ball NAW can easily replace Royce.

And it wasn't one of the worst seasons in NBA history, speaking of hyperbole.
It's not hyperbole.

Hyperbole is what you said, that not only can he do what Royce does, but he can do it better.

For as bad as Royce was in the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs, the dude has been outstanding playoff performer for the Jazz for most of his career.

Stop the dumb ****.

Maybe NAW can improve and get on the floor next year, but that itself will already be a big step. He isn't close to replacing O'Neale.4

Oh, and Utah gave him the off-ball role and he looked like a lost chicken and played even worse than he did in NOLA.

Playing off ball isnt easier than playing on. It's just different. NAW has been on-ball his entire career. He probably isnt just going to make that adjustment and start playing better than a legitimately good (despite what JFC thinks) NBA rotation player.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Lol if we could get a 1st round pick for Royce I’d be so happy.

Huge lolz at @LoPo for saying we need more Royce. Dude is so far gone it’s damn near sad at this point.

LoPo

Lol if we could get a 1st round pick for Royce I’d be so happy.

Huge lolz at @LoPo for saying we need more Royce. Dude is so far gone it’s damn near sad at this point.
If we blow up the entire thing, I would trade Royce for a 1st.

But we aren't going to blow up the whole thing. I would keep House, Royce and NAW. We need unselfish guys willing to defend not late firsts who might not pan out.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Saint Cy of JFC

IDK, I really value Royce for what he does (or more for what he doesnt do). I think he kind of had a rough 2nd half of the season + playoffs that made people forget how important he is.

That being said....

If the idea is to sell off some off our very good secondary creators (Bogey/Clarkson/Conley) then you probably need more generally skilled tertiary scorers. So Royce might not be as important for this team if the idea is to get worse at the top end in terms of scoring.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
IDK, I really value Royce for what he does (or more for what he doesnt do). I think he kind of had a rough 2nd half of the season + playoffs that made people forget how important he is.

That being said....

If the idea is to sell off some off our very good secondary creators (Bogey/Clarkson/Conley) then you probably need more generally skilled tertiary scorers. So Royce might not be as important for this team if the idea is to get worse at the top end in terms of scoring.

Royce's limited ball skills, limited finishing skills and limited ability to shoot with a defender near him make him almost useless against a switching defense. If other teams didn't sag way off of him and dare him to shoot, I'm not sure he'd get more than a few shots off in a game. With the Jazz, he's been the beneficiary of some very high-quality open looks off the catch, and he gets rebounds in part due to the enormous amount of attention teams have to place on boxing out Gobert.

I think Royce is mostly a system player that has contributed in Quin's system, but will become mostly an afterthought on another team. I'll be interested to see what he does if he gets moved. There just isn't much that Royce can be relied upon to do, other than bang a bit against bigger offensive players and hit a few open looks. I wish I could say he was like PJ Tucker, but he's not that solid a defender.

I had tickets near the floor when the Jazz played the Heat this year, and Royce couldn't do anything with Duncan Robinson guarding him. Couldn't even take a dribble.

homeytennis

Royce's limited ball skills, limited finishing skills and limited ability to shoot with a defender near him make him almost useless against a switching defense. If other teams didn't sag way off of him and dare him to shoot, I'm not sure he'd get more than a few shots off in a game. With the Jazz, he's been the beneficiary of some very high-quality open looks off the catch, and he gets rebounds in part due to the enormous amount of attention teams have to place on boxing out Gobert.

I think Royce is mostly a system player that has contributed in Quin's system, but will become mostly an afterthought on another team. I'll be interested to see what he does if he gets moved. There just isn't much that Royce can be relied upon to do, other than bang a bit against bigger offensive players and hit a few open looks. I wish I could say he was like PJ Tucker, but he's not that solid a defender.

I had tickets near the floor when the Jazz played the Heat this year, and Royce couldn't do anything with Duncan Robinson guarding him. Couldn't even take a dribble.
Royce won the Stanton Kidd Memorial and Lottery Winner award by being a college teammate of DL's son. I just shake my head the guy is in the show making millions. Is this a great country or what?