What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't understand why you are hating on him so much. He isn't even remotely close to a finished product but the physical package could be all time great. He doesn't stink offensively he is inconsistent on that end but shows plenty of potential. I view him as a Ralph Sampson type talent and Ralph Sampson in this era would be a top 5 player.
And if Ralph Sampson had current sports medicine and training his career could've been dramatically different. Guys can come back from an ACL tear in less than a year and back then it basically ended your career. Embiid would've been Sam Bowie.

From my perspective, if the Jazz get Wemby, they should sit him for 20+ games and focus mostly on getting his body and his shooting right. It's an easy way to tank in '24, but it's probably mostly just the right way to proceed with a prospect with maybe the widest range of outcomes of anyone ever. Anyone not concerned about his knees/ankles/feet is out of their mind.

Last edited:
Scoot Henderson is a better prospect than Jalen Green at the same age. He’s also the best PG prospect since Derrick Rose. He will be in discussion for the #1 pick.
I actually liked Scoot more than Wemby. But Wemby's defensive timing reminds me of Gobert in some videos. And if he can put on muscle and have a offensive game with the defense.... I get excited thinking of another Gobert with an outside shot.

I get that. What I don't understand is why they're more interested in going after him if they keep Donovan...why not just try to get him either way?
This. The language that if they keep Donovan then they would be interested is weird.

I agree that going into tank mode, buying low on dudes that have upside and may have flamed out with another team is a great approach though. Sexton at a bargain number would rule.

I get that. What I don't understand is why they're more interested in going after him if they keep Donovan...why not just try to get him either way?
I think it's mostly posturing to other teams (the Knicks) to say they are willing to keep Mitchell if they arent willing to give up enough in trade talks.

What if it was just Bogey and Mike for Westbrook and one of their picks? I’d probably do that in a second. Clears the cap even more next year. Still have the Minnesota guys to trade if we want. Can still kind of bluff and say we are keeping Donovan… say we are clearing the cap for adding a FA and using our 2023 picks to rebuild around Don.

Don
Bev
Beasley?
Vando/Simone
Doke/Kessler/Vando

JC off the bench… that good enough to bluff? Maybe not… certainly good enough to tank though.

What if it was just Bogey and Mike for Westbrook and one of their picks? I’d probably do that in a second. Clears the cap even more next year. Still have the Minnesota guys to trade if we want. Can still kind of bluff and say we are keeping Donovan… say we are clearing the cap for adding a FA and using our 2023 picks to rebuild around Don.

Don
Bev
Beasley?
Vando/Simone
Doke/Kessler/Vando

JC off the bench… that good enough to bluff? Maybe not… certainly good enough to tank though.

I have a hard time seeing Ainge doing that unless we get two picks from the Lakers.

I have a hard time seeing Ainge doing that unless we get two picks from the Lakers.
I think its pretty close... Bogey can get a first somewhere but not as good a first as the Lakers would give up here. Conley likely can't get a first right now. Maybe you throw Rudy Gay into the deal too to even it out. Maybe its just a second round pick to even things out.

I think to get two firsts it will cost us a few more or different pieces... Namely Vanderbilt... who is worth a good first on his own. IDK... just spitballing a bit.

Don
Bev
Beasley?
Vando/Simone
Doke/Kessler/Vando

I would do that in a heartbeat. I'd try to add Beasley/Beverley (and Nunn, for matching) + 2029 as well, but I would definitely take '27 unprotected for Mike and Bojan (and a bunch of Ryan's millions).

One thing I got wrong from just listening to podcasts...

Lebron is actually extension eligible starting 8/4... I had heard it was a deadline. He can sign the extension at anytime... but can't do so until after 8/4. That is good for us imo. We can work out the Donovan deal and keep the Lakers hanging on until at least 9/6 when the Minny guys are eligible to be traded (aggregated). My bad yall. Nothing will happen this week. We can all check back in in a month.

One thing I got wrong from just listening to podcasts...

Lebron is actually extension eligible starting 8/4... I had heard it was a deadline. He can sign the extension at anytime... but can't do so until after 8/4. That is good for us imo. We can work out the Donovan deal and keep the Lakers hanging on until at least 9/6 when the Minny guys are eligible to be traded (aggregated). My bad yall. Nothing will happen this week. We can all check back in in a month.

We must have been listening to the same podcasts because that was my impression as well.

The one thing that feels like a little bit more of a rush than Donovan is the Lakers situation, though. I really want to be part of the whole "pay a king's ransom to get out of RW's deal" situation. What if Pacers or something gets in there first?

The one thing that feels like a little bit more of a rush than Donovan is the Lakers situation, though. I really want to be part of the whole "pay a king's ransom to get out of RW's deal" situation. What if Pacers or something gets in there first?
It sounds like the Pacers want nothing to do with Westbrook. Their owner is old school and doesn't believe in buyouts.

It sounds like the Pacers want nothing to do with Westbrook. Their owner is old school and doesn't believe in buyouts.
Could be, I've just been watching the rumur mill from time to time. There's also Charlotte (they say Hayward + stuff for RW without picks!? Who'd do that?). But if the market is dry, I'm all for waiting the whole bunch out, on both fronts.