What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Nah. I only maintained the subscription to read his content. Otherwise, I don't pay much attention to it. But if I can't see when a new article goes up, why should I care about it? Besides, I've been looking to cut misc. expenses anyway.
You can opt into email updates when articles get posted...

Pity. Tony Jones blocked me on Twitter. I've never even tweeted at him, just retweets and likes.

So I cancelled my sub to the Athletic. Ah well, support local news.
He blocked me for disagreeing with him when he told Jazz fans to relax after the game 3 loss. I simply disagreed with his article and pointed out how the concerns have been prevalent long before game 3 and there is plenty to worry about.

He's soft as hell.

According to Lowe, the Jazz think Bogey, Clarkson and Beasley are all worth a first-round pick. He also says a first round pick for any of those players would be a non-starter with other teams. I disagree, I definitely think we will get a first for Bogey.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....on-beasley-are-worth-1st-round-picks.amp.html
According to Fischer, the word is the Jazz do have some deals they like for Bojan which is probably an expiring and a 1st. I'm guessing they're trying to pressure the Lakers into including both picks and/or a swap in a Westbrook deal. Bogey will be dealt before training camp, it's simply a matter of getting the Lakers to bite or move elsewhere. LA would probably be preferred because it'll allow Utah to consolidate roster spots w/o secondary deals or sending value to eat a contract like Gay's.

According to Lowe, the Jazz think Bogey, Clarkson and Beasley are all worth a first-round pick. He also says a first round pick for any of those players would be a non-starter with other teams. I disagree, I definitely think we will get a first for Bogey.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....on-beasley-are-worth-1st-round-picks.amp.html
I think Bogey's the only one that might possibly get a first before the season starts. I can imagine Clarkson or Beasley being desired enough for a protected first closer to the trade deadline, if things break right -- no guarantees.

He blocked me for disagreeing with him when he told Jazz fans to relax after the game 3 loss. I simply disagreed with his article and pointed out how the concerns have been prevalent long before game 3 and there is plenty to worry about.

He's soft as hell.

I know journalists certainly arent journalists anymore, but it’s even spread all the way to sports writers apparently too. They are all such sensitive propagandists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know journalists certainly arent journalists anymore, but it’s even spread all the way to sports writers apparently too. They are all such sensitive propagandists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I like Tony's stuff a lot but occasionally his narrative contradicts itself. He doesn't respond well when anything is challenged or the incongruities are brought up.

I could even see Duncan getting a little value back as soon as this year... and you might be able to throw him with an expiring deal at a team like the Hornets for Gordo (if he gets hurt again). The length of his contract is problematic but I think he's a guy a team could talk themselves into around the deadline if he plays well.

Just run Sexton with Duncan, Simone, Beasley, Lauri... score 150 and allow 170 while juicing up everyone's numbers (sarcasm)
If you take on Duncan you can’t get off him without attaching a pick. I don’t know if the Jazz want to deal with that

Royce is under team control for 2 years at less than $10 million. Clarkson and Beasley have only one year of guaranteed team control and they're at $13+ and 15+ million.
And part of it is fit. Royce is very complimentary for what they need.

If you take on Duncan you can’t get off him without attaching a pick. I don’t know if the Jazz want to deal with that
Isn’t that exactly the point, though? The Jazz take him to get more future assets understanding he might just be here for four years and that his burdensome contract is the cost of doing business. If he has a good regular season along the way, maybe it’s possible to dodge some of the remaining years without sending out more assets.

Isn’t that exactly the point, though? The Jazz take him to get more future assets understanding he might just be here for four years and that his burdensome contract is the cost of doing business. If he has a good regular season along the way, maybe it’s possible to dodge some of the remaining years without sending out more assets.
No the Jazz are very hesitant to take back the years of the contract. The money is fine. The years likely makes it a no go

Royce is under team control for 2 years at less than $10 million. Clarkson and Beasley have only one year of guaranteed team control and they're at $13+ and 15+ million.
Technically, Malik Beasley has one or two years of team control depending on what your priorities are. The 2nd year is a team option. Clarkson has a player option next year (which I think he will opt out of with the cap raising.)

No the Jazz are very hesitant to take back the years of the contract. The money is fine. The years likely makes it a no go
Since Bogey has a pretty wide market they likely don’t need to take on a deal like Duncan’s to get a first but I do wonder if they’d consider it if the first was unprotected far out and they got a little something more for their trouble like a pick swap. We probably don’t need another 2023 pick but the draft has such great potential I’d consider something like Duncan, 2023 unprotected and a swap in 27 with any of the three picks we have in 2027.

We also kicked around a three teamdeal here that @Elizah Huge came up with:

Utah out- Bogey and Gay
Utah in: 24 Phx first, 23 Miami 1st shamet (or Dario), Duncan

Phx out- Crowder/shamet (or Dario), 24 first
Phx in: Bogey

Miami out: Duncan, 23 first
Miami in: Crowder and Gay

I think Duncan’s deal is bad… I don’t think it’s Julius Randle levels of bad. OKC has had great luck taking on deals like Horford and CP and then getting value after a year. Duncan’s deal is longer but with the cap rising I don’t think it looks nearly this onerous in 1-2 years.

As always thanks for chiming in!