What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The Thunder did something similar with Al Horford...
I know... they wouldn't get away with it this year because 6-7 other teams would complain... there will be a microscope on this stuff.

I know... they wouldn't get away with it this year because 6-7 other teams would complain... there will be a microscope on this stuff.
I see. Honestly looking across the NBA landscape though the only teams that I think will be tanking, tanking are the Jazz, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, and Pacers.

Vegas has NBA O/U win totals set at: Spurs (22.5), Thunder (23.5), Pacers (23.5), Rockets (23.5), Jazz (24.5)

I see. Honestly looking across the NBA landscape though the only teams that I think will be tanking, tanking are the Jazz, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, and Pacers.

Vegas has NBA O/U win totals set at: Spurs (22.5), Thunder (23.5), Pacers (23.5), Rockets (23.5), Jazz (24.5)
the Hornets will join the tank race real fast... they gonna be awful. I think the Jazz are better than all those teams... so you are at 5... one team slips under and you are at 6... bottom 3 should be the target... bottom 4 is acceptable. 5 I think is most likely but not ideal... 6/7 is unacceptable.

the Hornets will join the tank race real fast... they gonna be awful. I think the Jazz are better than all those teams... so you are at 5... one team slips under and you are at 6... bottom 3 should be the target... bottom 4 is acceptable. 5 I think is most likely but not ideal... 6/7 is unacceptable.
The Hornets aren't that smart

I hope that Pop raises the Spurs floor, SGA/Giddey ball for OKC, Jalen Green takes the next step in Houston, and the Pacers end up holding onto Turner/Hield.

The Hornets aren't that smart
lol... it won't be by choice. Their second best player won't play one minute. Gordon already got knee soreness. The East is nasty. They were mid last year... they will be right in the bottom 7 mix.

Pacers have strong veterans like Turner and Hield (they are better and younger than Mike and Jordan) with better supporting cast. It look like SPURS and I hope the JAZZ are only teams to be focused on tanking.

I hope that Pop raises the Spurs floor, SGA/Giddey ball for OKC, Jalen Green takes the next step in Houston, and the Pacers end up holding onto Turner/Hield.
Spurs are lead by the OG of tanking... Pop knows whats up. OKC is a maybe. SGA/Giddey and Dort are good and won't want to be managed... but they also have a lot of projects that could drag them. Jalen Green is more likely to lose you a game all by himself than win one. He's just not a winning player at all yet. Pacers a slight wild card. I could see them saying "oh tanking teams are selling veterans... lets buy some on the cheap and rise to the middle... where we like to be"

Orlando is still very young... Hornets will be hot garbage... just wait. I can see reports of Lamelo not happy and **** coming. Wiz and Kangs are a big injury away... not worried about them.

Pacers have strong veterans like Turner and Hield (they are better and younger than Mike and Jordan) with better supporting cast. It look like SPURS and I hope the JAZZ are only teams to be focused on tanking.
Turner plays 50% of the time... Hield is uhhhh not exactly a guy who has done a lot of winning. They may actually add a vet cuz they weird but I think they will be pretty awful.

Spurs are lead by the OG of tanking... Pop knows whats up. OKC is a maybe. SGA/Giddey and Dort are good and won't want to be managed... but they also have a lot of projects that could drag them. Jalen Green is more likely to lose you a game all by himself than win one. He's just not a winning player at all yet. Pacers a slight wild card. I could see them saying "oh tanking teams are selling veterans... lets buy some on the cheap and rise to the middle... where we like to be"

Orlando is still very young... Hornets will be hot garbage... just wait. I can see reports of Lamelo not happy and **** coming. Wiz and Kangs are a big injury away... not worried about them.
Pop has won 30+ games the last 26 seasons in a row, I hope his competitive side takes over a little bit.

Tanking is strange to me because you want your young players to take strides and flash their potential while the team is still terrible. But usually, imo, if your young guys are legit it's hard to actually tank away a season. We're in a unique place because we're looking to tank but we're not overly committed to any of the guys on our roster as pillars in our rebuild. Sexton/Lauri are both interesting but I could see both of them being shipped off in a trade at anytime. We can lose games and not really feel bad about it because the vast majority of the guys on our roster won't be here for very long.

Still wish the Jazz would’ve held onto Bogey/Beverley and used them in a package deal for someone to get a legit asset out of the deal. THT and KO don’t measure up. High quality picks should’ve been the goal on every deal we made this year and that’s $32 million in expiring contracts for two + value players that could’ve been parleyed into an asset.

They’d better not be finished. Even if it means taking on salary they don’t want, they need to continue making moves. Russell Westbrook and Duncan Robinson should still be on the radar. Maybe flip some of KO, THT and/or Beasley. I really don’t care how wonky the roster looks when it’s all said and done.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rumors-pistons-bojan-bogdanovic-free-agency/

Some interesting words/rumors after Bogey trade. Did confirm my suspicions that the Phoenix deal was Bogey for Saric and Crowder... not Crowder and Shamet. So asking for Vando is only sort of wild not completely wild.
Personally, I think they waited too long to trade him. Think it would’ve gotten them a better offer to move him in the immediate aftermath of the DM trade.

Personally, I think they waited too long to trade him. Think it would’ve gotten them a better offer to move him in the immediate aftermath of the DM trade.
I think they tried. I think they should have been looking to do the LA deal even earlier than the DM trade. I wonder if they could have got one Lakers pick... they seemed hung up on the value and not just that its the best deal that accomplishes our bigger purpose.

The Pistons deal might indeed make the Pistons better but us simply moving Bogey and Vando for Saric and Crowder (who would be rerouted) plus a crappy 1st (and some seconds in the Crowder deal) would make us so much worse it wouldn't matter how good the Pistons are.

There is still time to make the necessary cuts... but we will get less value back now imo.

I think they tried. I think they should have been looking to do the LA deal even earlier than the DM trade. I wonder if they could have got one Lakers pick... they seemed hung up on the value and not just that its the best deal that accomplishes our bigger purpose.

The Pistons deal might indeed make the Pistons better but us simply moving Bogey and Vando for Saric and Crowder (who would be rerouted) plus a crappy 1st (and some seconds in the Crowder deal) would make us so much worse it wouldn't matter how good the Pistons are.

There is still time to make the necessary cuts... but we will get less value back now imo.
If I’m DA, I’m looking at Westbrook, Duncan, Tobias Harris and trying to find a deal that eats some of that salary. Also, might try trade Conley into a good situation - even if the return isn’t great. Still think New Orleans makes the most sense to me.

Interesting. I'm curious about the details of the scenario that would've had the Jazz sending an unprotected 1st back to the Lakers.
To be honest that part makes me doubt large portions of the rest of the article, including the Saric part.