What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Considering so many teams need shooting I would think Beasley might have the most value of the tradeable 'vets' on this team. Beasley himself is only 25 and is a near 40% catch and shoot guy for his career. If DA does trade him they would have Agbaji waiting in the wings to take those minutes.

Considering so many teams need shooting I would think Beasley might have the most value of the tradeable 'vets' on this team. Beasley himself is only 25 and is a near 40% catch and shoot guy for his career. If DA does trade him they would have Agbaji waiting in the wings to take those minutes.
Plus there is the team option for next year and he's at a reasonable price if he is playing well.

I’d say Vando then Beasley but agree. Vando has a low salary which really matters… that’s a big reason why Royce landed you a first and Bogey was harder to work a deal for.

How I'd rank our trade pieces:
1. Jordan Clarkson
2. Jarred Vanderbilt
3. Malik Beasley
4. Kelly Olynyk
5. NAW
6. Mike Conley
7. Rudy Gay
I'm curious on JC. I think he likely should be top of that list but I'm just curious if the chucker label drives down his value.

How I'd rank our trade pieces:
1. Jordan Clarkson
2. Jarred Vanderbilt
3. Malik Beasley
4. Kelly Olynyk
5. NAW
6. Mike Conley
7. Rudy Gay
How I would rank our trade pieces by priority to be traded:

1. Mike Conley
2. Malik Beasley
3. Jarred Vanderbilt
4. Jordan Clarkson
5. Kelly Olynyk
6. Rudy Gay

This is if we want to be as bad as possible.

The draymond punch may expedite his eventually landing in LA. I wonder... could we revive a three team deal with Russ. GS be interested in Beasley/Vando? Indiana is better suited to facilitate... but who knows.

1. Mike Conley
2. Malik Beasley
3. Jarred Vanderbilt
4. Jordan Clarkson
5. Kelly Olynyk
6. Rudy Gay

It’s ****ed that easily our best winning piece is also probably the hardest to trade.

1. Mike Conley
2. Malik Beasley
3. Jarred Vanderbilt
4. Jordan Clarkson
5. Kelly Olynyk
6. Rudy Gay

I would put Mike and KO at the top of that list. We have a lot of shooters and scorers and those two are the best connectors. Stretch bigs are also a little bit of a cheat code for bad teams as they can get hot and win some games for you. Look at like Mike Muscala and Mo Wagner's on/off numbers with OKC and Orlando... then realize KO is much better of a player.

1. Mike Conley
2. Malik Beasley
3. Jarred Vanderbilt
4. Jordan Clarkson
5. Kelly Olynyk
6. Rudy Gay

The one thing with Conley is that I could see him just sitting out like what the Thunder did with Horford a couple years ago.

The one thing with Conley is that I could see him just sitting out like what the Thunder did with Horford a couple years ago.
I don't think anyone will get away with that level of tanking this year... there is a microscope on it... just shutting guys down like 30 games into the season will be a no fly zone.

I do think they could sit him down for a chat and say they want to bring him off the bench and allow the young guys to develop while they look for a trade partner. If it pisses him off and he checks out then oh well.

I would put Mike and KO at the top of that list. We have a lot of shooters and scorers and those two are the best connectors. Stretch bigs are also a little bit of a cheat code for bad teams as they can get hot and win some games for you. Look at like Mike Muscala and Mo Wagner's on/off numbers with OKC and Orlando... then realize KO is much better of a player.
Because of the drop off between KO and our next center... you might be right actually. Getting rid off KO would make our center rotation tanktastic!

I'm not so sure... I think he will play. It's possible he doesn't play B2Bs... which might actually make him more effective in the games he actually plays.

Because of the drop off between KO and our next center... you might be right actually. Getting rid off KO would make our center rotation tanktastic!
that was my whole theory on what Danny was doing pre-KO trade. KO is important not just because of the drop off but because he can connect the other pieces. Its honestly a shame we didn't have him last year.

Markannen should be on that list for pieces that would fetch the most trade value. Most teams would want him and his salary is very reasonable.

It’s ****ed that easily our best winning piece is also probably the hardest to trade.
I've been trying to convince myself that this might be okay, because if he doesn't play in back-to-backs he'll miss 8 games just by the end of the year. If he misses a few more just games just due to a tight schedule, and if the early schedule ends up being as tough as expected the Jazz wins could be pretty scarce by mid season.

I’d say Vando then Beasley but agree. Vando has a low salary which really matters… that’s a big reason why Royce landed you a first and Bogey was harder to work a deal for.
Agreed Vandy is the one guy I would rank higher in terms of value but the Jazz have absolutely noone that can remotely fill his spot and provide defensive toughness, rebounding if they trade him. I believe the real secret sauce for Markkannen is to play him next to a defender similar to how the Cavs played him next to Allen/Mobley. He got headhunted during his Bulls days because they were trying to make him the man in the frontcourt, play him at center, etc. Now if DA is really looking to tank on the down low then Vandy could be traded as he might be the one youngish vet outside Markkannen that could fetch a nice return. Maybe Beasley could fetch a very protected FRP or 2 SRP's type return...tough to say but his catch and shoot ability should be very attractive to contending teams and believe he has a team option for next season so he's controllable for another year.

As for JC I just don't think he has any trade value. It's a combination of age, play style, and the fact he has a PO on his contract next summer. I believe Tony Jones tweeted that the Bucks were the only team that showed any serious interest in JC but they didn't have anything to trade so the Jazz would have to take back an undesirable contract such as George Hill. Conley is likely going to be even more difficult to trade due to age and the fact he has so much guaranteed money still on his contract. That playoff series didn't do him any favors either in terms of trade value. If he shows that he still has game I would think some teams could have interest at the deadline though.

I'm not so sure... I think he will play. It's possible he doesn't play B2Bs... which might actually make him more effective in the games he actually plays.
IIRC David Locke said on his podcast that Mike isn't eager to be traded because his wife and kids are going to remain in SLC regardless throughout the school year. When it comes time to go full tank commander I could see him sitting out with a phantom injury and then we return the favor by trading him to a competitive team next off-season on the last year of his contract. I could see us doing something similar with Clarkson as well.

Just limit Conley to like 25 mpg and only play him like 50 games. Conley is good and will help us playing winning ball, but he isn't going to be single handedly changing games too often

I don't think anyone will get away with that level of tanking this year... there is a microscope on it... just shutting guys down like 30 games into the season will be a no fly zone.

I do think they could sit him down for a chat and say they want to bring him off the bench and allow the young guys to develop while they look for a trade partner. If it pisses him off and he checks out then oh well.
The Thunder did something similar with Al Horford...

On March 27, OKC announced that center Horford would be a healthy scratch for the remainder of the season. At the time Horford was shut down, the Thunder were 19-25. As they pivoted toward playing younger players and focusing on development, they went 3-25 the rest of the way, which included a 14-game losing streak and a span in which they were outscored by 490 points over a 25-game stretch, the largest margin in NBA history.