What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'll play "Devil's Advocate" and disagree here. I think the trades we recently made with Minnesota and Cleveland were both significant without either landing us a clearly established top-20 player. So I'd be quite happy if Ainge could pull off something similar this season, getting unprotected picks for someone who does not fit our timeline.
The trades with Minnesota and Cleveland are significant because the jazz were able to stick up the asset cupboard. Now we have the ammo to get a top 10-20 player and truely elevate the team.

I have no idea about anything with this, but how does trading a coach work? We still have Snyder through next season if I understand correctly. Nate McMillan seems to be on the a very hot seat in Atlanta, I wonder if Snyder would be a target for them given how he got the Utah offense to be all-time around a lob catching big and a ball dominant guard.

Obviously don't think he would be a 1st round kind of target like Doc was for the Clips in 2013, but I wonder if he might be included in a larger ATL/UTA trade if it were to happen

Last edited:
I have no idea about anything with this, but how does trading a coach work? We still have Snyder through next season if I understand correctly. Nate McMillan seems to be on the a very hot seat in Atlanta, I wonder if Snyder would be a target for them given how he got the Utah offense to be all-time around a lob catching big and a ball dominant guard.

Obviously don't think he would be a 1st round kind of target like Doc was for the Clips in 2013, but I wonder if he might be included in a larger ATL/UTA trade if it were to happen
Why would the hawks give anything of value for a respected but middling coach who isn’t even the coach of this team?

I'm seeing Toronto might be blowing it up. Can anyone come up with a trade that makes sense for them and us?

I’d be interested in getting OG or Trent. OG would likely take a couple firsts. Not sure if it’s 2 or 3. Trent I would send out salary filler and a first for.

We should be in the mix for him. We have a lot of contracts to help facilitate a deal.

Strange he mentions John Collins in the tweet... weird.

We should be in the mix for him.
Let's hope not.

This whole Collins thing remains a mystery to me. IMO, you should only bring in guys like him if there's a very clear positional need. With Collins, it's more like... "This is our chance! Let's just get him and figure out the rest later. STOP BOTHERING ME WITH FACTS!!!"

It's not like he's an overall "asset" either. The Hawks have been dangling him for ages without any success. Why should we be the team that finally bites?

Besides, we need more playmaking and ballhandling, not bigs. The backcourt is a total mess now that Conley has pretty much fallen off a cliff after his injury.

"Advisory role". So basically he got fired but had too many years on his contract, so they would rather have him sit down at home and keep the checks coming (the KOC or DL special). I wish I could be a GM one day :D

Let's hope not.

This whole Collins thing remains a mystery to me. IMO, you should only bring in guys like him if there's a very clear positional need. With Collins, it's more like... "This is our chance! Let's just get him and figure out the rest later. STOP BOTHERING ME WITH FACTS!!!"

It's not like he's an overall "asset" either. The Hawks have been dangling him for ages without any success. Why should we be the team that finally bites?

Besides, we need more playmaking and ballhandling, not bigs. The backcourt is a total mess now that Conley has pretty much fallen off a cliff after his injury.
I dont know what you mean... We literally dont have 4s. Thats why Rudy Gay plays so much. KO is also not exactly an allaround player. We also have only 1 forward who is a legit threat to attack the paint (Lauri)... Beasley, Fontecchio etc are more perimeter catch and shoot guys. I have some hope for Vando at 4 though.

At guard we got NAW, Sexton and THT behind Conley and Clarkson. Id like to see better defense and more playmaking from our backcourt, but forward depth is a way more pressing need.

Word is Collins hasnt been traded because Schlenk actually didnt want to trade him and was asking the moon and heavens. He might come on a discount now.

At this rate Ainge should be able to acquire him dirt cheap if they are willing to take on the contract. I'd offer Gay+Vando+ one of the guards we aren't planning to resign. Take it or leave it.
His confidence might be shot at this point but fitwise he still has to be an upgrade over Vanderbilt. It's just a matter of stomaching that contract which is why he's likely considered "buy low" at this point. That player option in '25-26 isn't good. Hawks held on to him way too long especially if they were going to only feature their 2 high usage guards.

Otherwise I think Danny ends up drafting the same archetype (GG Jackson?) who will need 2-3 years of development.

If they do acquire someone like Collins they could focus their draft on finding playmaking wings in the Anthony Black mold.