What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Future Jazz man John Collins just whiffed on a game-deciding rebound AND got buried under the Bulls' dogpile. Not great

View: https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1605758967866482689?s=20&t=VqMuSimUBfI1TDvw8pj15Q

Damn... that's a tough day for Collins... Woj names you in a tweet about the GM being "reassigned" and then you blow a game saving rebound against a team you kinda need to beat... top it off with the opponents' sweaty asses all over you as they celebrate. Merry friggin Christmas!

At this rate Ainge should be able to acquire him dirt cheap if they are willing to take on the contract. I'd offer Gay+Vando+ one of the guards we aren't planning to resign. Take it or leave it.
His confidence might be shot at this point but fitwise he still has to be an upgrade over Vanderbilt. It's just a matter of stomaching that contract which is why he's likely considered "buy low" at this point. That player option in '25-26 isn't good. Hawks held on to him way too long especially if they were going to only feature their 2 high usage guards.

Otherwise I think Danny ends up drafting the same archetype (GG Jackson?) who will need 2-3 years of development.

If they do acquire someone like Collins they could focus their draft on finding playmaking wings in the Anthony Black mold.
Collins isn’t close to an upgrade for Vando

At this rate Ainge should be able to acquire him dirt cheap if they are willing to take on the contract. I'd offer Gay+Vando+ one of the guards we aren't planning to resign. Take it or leave it.
His confidence might be shot at this point but fitwise he still has to be an upgrade over Vanderbilt. It's just a matter of stomaching that contract which is why he's likely considered "buy low" at this point. That player option in '25-26 isn't good. Hawks held on to him way too long especially if they were going to only feature their 2 high usage guards.

Otherwise I think Danny ends up drafting the same archetype (GG Jackson?) who will need 2-3 years of development.

If they do acquire someone like Collins they could focus their draft on finding playmaking wings in the Anthony Black mold.
I'm not sure he is an upgrade over Vando and I think you can get something nice out of Vando if you decide you want to trade him.

Collins stock is not rising... Hawks need to take an offer soon... still not convinced it should be from us but I'd stay in the convo. We may be able to facilitate and get some value. I think the deal is still Vando/Gay/KO for Collins... if we are interested... but at some point here I'm at least asking for a pick swap in 2023 cuz the on court production continues to slide.

JC is litteraly like 7th in the pecking order for shot attempts on a per minute basis on the Hawks at 25 million dollars per year.

Murray
Young
Hunter
Griffin (rookie lmfao)
Bogdanovic
Capela

I'm sure he would probably be better in Utah, but IDK how much better.

Collins stock is not rising... Hawks need to take an offer soon... still not convinced it should be from us but I'd stay in the convo. We may be able to facilitate and get some value. I think the deal is still Vando/Gay/KO for Collins... if we are interested... but at some point here I'm at least asking for a pick swap in 2023 cuz the on court production continues to slide.
So you want the hawks to put right tape the hell out of trader Dan?

JC is litteraly like 7th in the pecking order for shot attempts on a per minute basis on the Hawks at 25 million dollars per year.

Murray
Young
Hunter
Griffin (rookie lmfao)
Bogdanovic
Capela

Going for JC is chasing a Lauri like trade. Lauri was similarly hidden amongst other options in Cleveland. That said I just don't think Collins is it.

I wouldn’t give KO straight up for Collins.

Murray
Young
Hunter
Griffin (rookie lmfao)
Bogdanovic
Capela

The Hawks suck. There is a reason for that. Collins should absolutely be more involved.

Going for JC is chasing a Lauri like trade. Lauri was similarly hidden amongst other options in Cleveland. That said I just don't think Collins is it.
Lauri wasnt THAT hidden though. He had a prominent role and didnt sink to the depths of suckage that Collins has allowed himself to.

Of course, I have no idea how much of that is out of JC's control, but at the end of the day it's on the players to figure it out and make themselves higher in the pecking order. For all of Lauri's disappointment, he never fully faded on any team the way JC has.

Lauri wasnt THAT hidden though. He had a prominent role and didnt sink to the depths of suckage that Collins has allowed himself to.

Of course, I have no idea how much of that is out of JC's control, but at the end of the day it's on the players to figure it out and make themselves higher in the pecking order. For all of Lauri's disappointment, he never fully faded on any team the way JC has.

You should go look at Lauri’s last season in Chicago.