What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They need to just be patient and figure it out. I suspect things will be much better next year. Look at Wade and LBJ, even Mitchell and Conley in Conley’s first year. But any way you look at it and no matter how bad Atl might want to trade him they aren’t just going to give him away. He’s too good. Two years ago some experts were starting to question whether Luka was actually the better player or if Trae had closed the gap in some circles.
If they can get a decent return for Collins at the deadline by adding a veteran 2 guard like JC that demands more offensive attention, outside the arc than Dejounte does, then maybe they can just staggar Trae and Murray as needed. It is part of why many think Utah is a Collins destination option.But the numbers only add up if the Jazz send out Mike not JC. I think there is a chance the Jazz target Dejounte for JC if they can get him by attaching one of the firsts they got in previous deals.

If they can get a decent return for Collins at the deadline by adding a veteran 2 guard like JC that demands more offensive attention, outside the arc than Dejounte does, then maybe they can just staggar Trae and Murray as needed. It is part of why many think Utah is a Collins destination option.But the numbers only add up if the Jazz send out Mike not JC. I think there is a chance the Jazz target Dejounte for JC if they can get him by attaching one of the firsts they got in previous deals.
Why would you replace Trae with JC? So dumb. Obviously they should trade Collins he sucks *** but not to the jazz they won’t do that he doesn’t fit on this team at all or any team really.

Interesting. Jazz would've sent Beasley and Vando to the Suns and gotten back Collins in a 3 team deal between Jazz/Hawks/Suns, Crowder would've ended up in Atlanta. Shams says the deal fell through because the Jazz were also asking for multiple first round picks.

View: https://twitter.com/TheRally/status/1607511261473816578

Last edited:
I have given this a lot of thought, and I need someone to convince me that the Atlanta Hawks, as currently constructed, are a better team than the current iteration of the Utah Jazz. I just can't see it.

Jazz in: John Collins/2023 Phoenix 1st
Jazz out: Jarred Vanderbilt/Kelly Olynyk/Rudy Gay

Suns in: Jarred Vanderbilt/Rudy Gay
Suns out: Jae Crowder/2023 1st

Hawks in: Jae Crowder/Kelly Olynyk
Hawks out: John Collins

Salary is about as close to matching as you’ll ever get in a three-team deal. Thoughts?

Interesting. Jazz would've sent Beasley and Vando to the Suns and gotten back Collins in a 3 team deal between Jazz/Hawks/Suns, Crowder would've ended up in Atlanta. Shams says the deal fell through because the Jazz were also asking for multiple first round picks.

View: https://twitter.com/TheRally/status/1607511261473816578

I think the deal I came up with a couple of days ago is a pretty good compromise.

I have given this a lot of thought, and I need someone to convince me that the Atlanta Hawks, as currently constructed, are a better team than the current iteration of the Utah Jazz. I just can't see it.
They definitely are. Trae has been way off... Murray has missed a bunch of games as have Bogey and Collins.

Trae
Murray
Hunter
Collins
Capela

with Bogey, Okongwu, Griffin off the bench is solid.

Conley
JC
Vando
KO
Lauri

Sexton, Beasley, Kessler off the bench is a .500 team imo

Our bench is better but their ceiling is quite a bit higher. Maybe we have a higher floor because we are deeper.

Probably one from each but also wouldn’t be surprised if Ainge was asking for them from Phoenix.
I hope someday there is an Ainge biography that is titled "Talks Broke Down When Danny Asked for Multiple FRPs - The Danny Ainge Story"

Well to be fair, DA argument is that we are taking on a risky contract and giving away two solid fairly young guys, and both ATL and PHO are presumably 20th or worse.

I think he was right to ask for those picks. Maybe that trade comes back on the table if Suns and Atlanta dont get other takers with better offers.

Vando + Beasley would be huge for Suns... for essentially not giving away anyone. Hawks get rid of a risky contract, get under Luxury tax for next year and get a solid proven NBA finals starter player in return.

Well to be fair, DA argument is that we are taking on a risky contract and giving away two solid fairly young guys, and both ATL and PHO are presumably 20th or worse.

I think he was right to ask for those picks. Maybe that trade comes back on the table if Suns and Atlanta dont get other takers with better offers.

Vando + Beasley would be huge for Suns... for essentially not giving away anyone. Hawks get rid of a risky contract, get under Luxury tax for next year and get a solid proven NBA finals starter player in return.

Phoenix absolutely needs to give a pick to get those two. Atlanta likely needs to give one as well for getting off or Collins contract.

Phoenix absolutely needs to give a pick to get those two. Atlanta likely needs to give one as well for getting off or Collins contract.
I think if you add in a KO to Atlanta and maybe Saric comes back from Phoenix... or we take Shamet's deal then we should nab one pick from each team. Feels pretty sweet for Phoenix tbh. So maybe both picks come from Phoenix. With Booker's injury issues I think Beasley could be more valuable for them.

I think if you add in a KO to Atlanta and maybe Saric comes back from Phoenix... or we take Shamet's deal then we should nab one pick from each team. Feels pretty sweet for Phoenix tbh. So maybe both picks come from Phoenix. With Booker's injury issues I think Beasley could be more valuable for them.

I’m liking the sound of this deal.

Ainge is great at his job. That's part of the problem. He has a shelf life as a GM. Fantastic trader but then the whole goes against him and finally players get paranoid

From a talent perspective they are but from a fit perspective I'm not sure. The hawks at least have that one guy in Trae Young that has shown he is capable of carrying a team for a short stretch in the playoffs but they were incapable of building on that success and actually regressed over the last few years. When looking at the hawks I'm not sure how to fix it either. They should be so much better than they are currently and when you look at the roster it seems like the talent should compliment each other. Collins should be thriving as a stretch big but instead has completely regressed. De'Andre Hunter looked like he would be the ideal glue guy wing like Mikal Bridges and OG Anunoby but is injury prone and has regressed defensively over the last few years. If I'm the hawks front office I would probably just let this season play out and hope things finally click rather than making a mediocre trade like Collins for Crowder.