What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Exactly. Trae may well be the most overrated NBA player currently.
He is only overrated in Atlanta. They been pouring copium to the drinking water.

Morten Jensen and Bryan Toporek discussed him the other day, and gave him some harsh criticism including this snippet:

“I’ve spoken to a few people around the league,” said Morten Jensen on ‘The NBA Podcast’, “and the sense that I’m getting – or what I’m also being told outright – is that nobody likes him. Like, even external players outside of the Hawks are not interested in playing with him. There is basically this sense that Trae is what you call a ‘selfish unselfish’ passer.”

Also discussed his diminishing usage of John Collins. Summary at Fansided:

He’s not overrated. He’s struggling a little this year. But he’s had some killer good years. SGA might be a little overrated on this board. Lol
Man he is more than struggling. They are a borderline bottom 10 offensively despite having a starting lineup of
Trae
DJM
Hunter
Collins
Capela

Thats 2 guys who have 15+ point seasons, 2 guys who got 20+ point seasons and 1 guy who has a 30+ point season in their track record. That group maximized is 100+ PPG.

And yeah I know.. you cant really just add up the numbers. But they shouldnt suck at the very least.

Man he is more than struggling. They are a borderline bottom 10 offensively despite having a starting lineup of
Trae
DJM
Hunter
Collins
Capela

Thats 2 guys who have 15+ point seasons, 2 guys who got 20+ point seasons and 1 guy who has a 30+ point season in their track record. That group maximized is 100+ PPG.

And yeah I know.. you cant really just add up the numbers. But they shouldnt suck at the very least.
Do Trae and Collins even want to be there? Lol I know Collins doesn’t and Trae is having his worst year ever, worse than Mitchell’s last year.

Trae is cute and all but SGA is a player you can build around in a much easier way. Trae’s the tiny version of Harden… just seems like no fun to watch or play with but will put up huge numbers.

Let me get this straight...
- You said Collins cant play 3 so you have no interest in him. Then you indicate he could replace Lauri at PF (which Lauri doesnt play.. but instead Lauri plays 3 where you would want John Colllins to play?!?).
- Then I tell you Lauri plays 3 and we dont have a legit 4 in our roster which is why I'm interested in Collins. You also downvote this post for some completely random reason.. probably felt offended so pressed the boo-boo button?
- And then you post telling me we have to use him at 4?

Am I missing something? Make that make sense.

Also just FYI we play man defense way way more than zone, so we dont defend "at 4". We defend matchups. Lauri is matching up with wings whenever KO and Kessler are on court and usually Vando defends a wing when he is on. At least thats how I remember it. Collins would be defending wings so Lauri can match up with the taller guys.. cause the hell is KO ever gonna defend a wing.

Collins is way better 1on1 defender against wings than he is a rim defender. Actually pretty good. We need 1on1 wing defenders more than we need paint defenders. Kessler and Lauri both rank top 10 in shooting % against in the paint among bigs who have been around contesting lots of shots (Kessler was #4 and Markkanen #8 in that NBA.com article list).
You are correct, you don't understand at all what I meant

Do Trae and Collins even want to be there? Lol I know Collins doesn’t and Trae is having his worst year ever, worse than Mitchell’s last year.
Trae "feels" expendible after the Murray pick up, who is at least the same tier as a playmaker despite not being the shooter, and is clearlyt a massive upgrade to Trae defensively. Even if the Hawks genuine intention was to cover for Trae defensively pairing him with Murray, the minute they started playing together you could see the pairing was going to fail. One of them will be moved , and although Murray wopuld be easier to move.My guess is Trae is the one pushing for a move if they cannot start winning soon. He had too much success early on before the Harden rule which could have easily been the Young rule.
imo the 2 man combo of Trae and Collins was elite, before pillgate, and the Harden rule, proved they are both fools gold. Maybe a change of scenery could help either boost their brand. But noone is getting fooled again imo.

Trae got them to the conference finals. I doubt they are going to willingly trade him unless it's a Gobert esque deal or he demands one
Right he won't be easily moved but imo your thinking is the wrong reason. It is since they are not doing well, and his stock is down, that he won't be traded because of how the league sees him now, not because he did something well enough before the Harden rule took effect, that he has not been able to do since then. still a great floor general, but such a liability defensively that without those extra points from charity shots, and the ability to keep space once those defenders are avoiding benching themselves, isn't there nearly enough. He is expendible with Murray on that roster even if Murray is the one they end up having to move because Trae is paid more than he is worth as is. No chance the Hawks are not thinking about it anyway. - and little chance the Hawks get anything close to what Danny got for Rudy, especially when trades like that look like overpays right now.

Last edited:
In fact I would love for ATL to have no options left after a failed start of the season with Trae Young's stock plummeting, and decide to trade others for better fits around Trae. Like trading the recently acquired Dejounte Murray,lol, & throw in upside wing Jalen Johnson while they are at it- to the GOAT Danny Ainge,in the great state of Utah, for the rock bottom cost of the 2026 pick swap from CLE, 1 of JC or Beasley as the win now Hawks choice, and the sell high NAW to fill a Dejounte lite role.

In fact I would love for ATL to have no options left after a failed start of the season with Trae Young's stock plummeting, and decide to trade others for better fits around Trae. Like trading the recently acquired Dejounte Murray,lol, & throw in upside wing Jalen Johnson while they are at it- to the GOAT Danny Ainge,in the great state of Utah, for the rock bottom cost of the 2026 pick swap from CLE, 1 of JC or Beasley as the win now Hawks choice, and the sell high NAW to fill a Dejounte lite role.
You are underrating Trae’s value sooooo bad!! He’s one of the best pg’s in the game and still very young. He single handedly got that pathetic roster to the eastern finals. He’s just off to a slow start.

Right he won't be easily moved but imo your thinking is the wrong reason. It is since they are not doing well, and his stock is down, that he won't be traded because of how the league sees him now, not because he did something well enough before the Harden rule took effect, that he has not been able to do since then. still a great floor general, but such a liability defensively that without those extra points from charity shots, and the ability to keep space once those defenders are avoiding benching themselves, isn't there nearly enough. He is expendible with Murray on that roster even if Murray is the one they end up having to move because Trae is paid more than he is worth as is. No chance the Hawks are not thinking about it anyway. - and little chance the Hawks get anything close to what Danny got for Rudy, especially when trades like that look like overpays right now.
Lol

You are underrating Trae’s value sooooo bad!! He’s one of the best pg’s in the game and still very young. He single handedly got that pathetic roster to the eastern finals. He’s just off to a slow start.
I am guessing you don't understand what I said at all smh
Who cares if he is an elite floor gen if they are losing? the pairing with Murray is tainted and one of them will be moved if not in season this summer. Unless you are right and they start winning despite Trae coninueing to be a negative defensively and teams using thta against them.
That pathetic roster as you call it ,when they made the ECF, wasn't as good as the one they have now. So what does that say about him now? It says he isn't that important, or maybe looking closer his stats are now far more empty ? I liked him early on, don't see him as anything special besides the one skill being elite and everything else is meh

I am guessing you don't understand what I said at all smh
Who cares if he is an elite floor gen if they are losing? the pairing with Murray is tainted and one of them will be moved if not in season this summer. Unless you are right and they start winning despite Trae coninueing to be a negative defensively and teams using thta against them.
That pathetic roster as you call it ,when they made the ECF, wasn't as good as the one they have now. So what does that say about him now? It says he isn't that important, or maybe looking closer his stats are now far more empty ? I liked him early on, don't see him as anything special besides the one skill being elite and everything else is meh
They need to just be patient and figure it out. I suspect things will be much better next year. Look at Wade and LBJ, even Mitchell and Conley in Conley’s first year. But any way you look at it and no matter how bad Atl might want to trade him they aren’t just going to give him away. He’s too good. Two years ago some experts were starting to question whether Luka was actually the better player or if Trae had closed the gap in some circles.