What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I heard a rumor, maybe that I made up, that the Jazz are moving Rudy (or maybe Donovan, or maybe Conley, who knows?) to get throw-away pieces and move up to the top 10 in the draft because they have their eye on Walker Kessler and want to make sure he doesn't get snapped up. Either him or maybe then trade back to like 11 and take Kennedy Chandler, you know, because he would be a prime Conley replacement. He has all the fundamentals and **** I imagine. But really they are going to surprise everyone and trade into the top 6 just to trade back to #12 and pick Ismael Kamagate, because we cannot have too many one-dimensional big men to back up Rudy, or as a replacement since they are both from france!

Troof.

LoPo

New Orleans (NOLA) and their GM David Griffen always seem to be very aggressive. We have made deals with them in the recent past, and they are willing to deal picks. They have a load of 2nd round picks and a few 1st rounders in the distant future (2024 Lakers, 2025 Bucks, 2027 Bucks).

Would they have interest in Conley? Conley is an improvement on Graham, and I'm not sure how much NOLA values Nance, Jaxson Hayes or Willy Hernangomez. I don't think we would get a 1st rounder for Conley, but you just never know.

Think we could put something together with NOLA where we send them Conley and get back more long term assets?

Avery

New Orleans (NOLA) and their GM David Griffen always seem to be very aggressive. We have made deals with them in the recent past, and they are willing to deal picks. They have a load of 2nd round picks and a few 1st rounders in the distant future (2024 Lakers, 2025 Bucks, 2027 Bucks).

Would they have interest in Conley? Conley is an improvement on Graham, and I'm not sure how much NOLA values Nance, Jaxson Hayes or Willy Hernangomez. I don't think we would get a 1st rounder for Conley, but you just never know.

Think we could put something together with NOLA where we send them Conley and get back more long term assets?
I think we could have extracted some more value a year ago for him - I'm not certain they really will think Conley will move that needle for them that much. We'd probably sacrifice some leverage though I do believe they're going to want to start consolidating some of their warchest of second rounders.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

The inclusion of Atlanta is so weird but some nba players don’t understand fit… Trae and Donovan would end up miserable for everyone.

If you can turn Herro into the 4th pick then I could get on board with 4th pick, 2/3 Miami picks and a swap, and Duncan… I’d try to get Strus and Vincent too but might spin them off to a third team… like I’m not sure Herro gets 4th pick by himself but if you add Strus the Kings may be more inclined.

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

I guess if you got Ivey and he was awesome right away maybe you don’t rebuild and keep Rudy for now and keep Strus and Vincent… I’m not a huge Herro fan and think he will hate it in Utah.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
The inclusion of Atlanta is so weird but some nba players don’t understand fit… Trae and Donovan would end up miserable for everyone.

If you can turn Herro into the 4th pick then I could get on board with 4th pick, 2/3 Miami picks and a swap, and Duncan… I’d try to get Strus and Vincent too but might spin them off to a third team… like I’m not sure Herro gets 4th pick by himself but if you add Strus the Kings may be more inclined.

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

I guess if you got Ivey and he was awesome right away maybe you don’t rebuild and keep Rudy for now and keep Strus and Vincent… I’m not a huge Herro fan and think he will hate it in Utah.

I’m pretty sure Herro could produce 80-85% of what Donovan does on offense by himself.

stitches

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

It's because of John Collins, probably. AFAIK they are friends.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I’m pretty sure Herro could produce 80-85% of what Donovan does on offense by himself.
Not as much on ball as Donovan though... and I think he is not the personality that would embrace Utah... even though I think I know 10 guys from my high school that carried themselves like him.