What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

You know….I really think I’m good at this point. Not saying I won’t post here, but I’m done with Jazz stuff for the most part until Donovan is off the team. There’s very little to look forward to at this point. I’ll take a renewed version when it gets here.
You do you man. I’m sticking around in part for the **** show…

You know….I really think I’m good at this point. Not saying I won’t post here, but I’m done with Jazz stuff for the most part until Donovan is off the team. There’s very little to look forward to at this point. I’ll take a renewed version when it gets here.
tumblr_ma8rngS0171ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Idk, that's tough to do if youre a life long fan.

I remember when they traded Dwill I said the same thing. The Jazz weren't even a fun team to watch for years after that and I still stayed lmao.

Being able to move off Royce’s money and replacing his value with a minimum guy (and no longer being obligated to allot 30+ minutes in that direction) would be a huge boon and save a lot of money. It would look a lot better if we hadn’t short-sightedly volunteered to have NAW’s $5M price tag dumped on us.
Is NAW expected to play SL this year? He's kind of too experienced for that, but hes also close to being out of the league.

I heard a rumor, maybe that I made up, that the Jazz are moving Rudy (or maybe Donovan, or maybe Conley, who knows?) to get throw-away pieces and move up to the top 10 in the draft because they have their eye on Walker Kessler and want to make sure he doesn't get snapped up. Either him or maybe then trade back to like 11 and take Kennedy Chandler, you know, because he would be a prime Conley replacement. He has all the fundamentals and **** I imagine. But really they are going to surprise everyone and trade into the top 6 just to trade back to #12 and pick Ismael Kamagate, because we cannot have too many one-dimensional big men to back up Rudy, or as a replacement since they are both from france!

Troof.

New Orleans (NOLA) and their GM David Griffen always seem to be very aggressive. We have made deals with them in the recent past, and they are willing to deal picks. They have a load of 2nd round picks and a few 1st rounders in the distant future (2024 Lakers, 2025 Bucks, 2027 Bucks).

Would they have interest in Conley? Conley is an improvement on Graham, and I'm not sure how much NOLA values Nance, Jaxson Hayes or Willy Hernangomez. I don't think we would get a 1st rounder for Conley, but you just never know.

Think we could put something together with NOLA where we send them Conley and get back more long term assets?

New Orleans (NOLA) and their GM David Griffen always seem to be very aggressive. We have made deals with them in the recent past, and they are willing to deal picks. They have a load of 2nd round picks and a few 1st rounders in the distant future (2024 Lakers, 2025 Bucks, 2027 Bucks).

Would they have interest in Conley? Conley is an improvement on Graham, and I'm not sure how much NOLA values Nance, Jaxson Hayes or Willy Hernangomez. I don't think we would get a 1st rounder for Conley, but you just never know.

Think we could put something together with NOLA where we send them Conley and get back more long term assets?
I think we could have extracted some more value a year ago for him - I'm not certain they really will think Conley will move that needle for them that much. We'd probably sacrifice some leverage though I do believe they're going to want to start consolidating some of their warchest of second rounders.

The inclusion of Atlanta is so weird but some nba players don’t understand fit… Trae and Donovan would end up miserable for everyone.

If you can turn Herro into the 4th pick then I could get on board with 4th pick, 2/3 Miami picks and a swap, and Duncan… I’d try to get Strus and Vincent too but might spin them off to a third team… like I’m not sure Herro gets 4th pick by himself but if you add Strus the Kings may be more inclined.

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

I guess if you got Ivey and he was awesome right away maybe you don’t rebuild and keep Rudy for now and keep Strus and Vincent… I’m not a huge Herro fan and think he will hate it in Utah.

Heat picks are almost always going to be in the 20s since they are an elite organization and never tank.

Donovan can wish whatever the **** he wants but it should matter not a lick as to how it determines a trade outcome.

The inclusion of Atlanta is so weird but some nba players don’t understand fit… Trae and Donovan would end up miserable for everyone.

If you can turn Herro into the 4th pick then I could get on board with 4th pick, 2/3 Miami picks and a swap, and Duncan… I’d try to get Strus and Vincent too but might spin them off to a third team… like I’m not sure Herro gets 4th pick by himself but if you add Strus the Kings may be more inclined.

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

I guess if you got Ivey and he was awesome right away maybe you don’t rebuild and keep Rudy for now and keep Strus and Vincent… I’m not a huge Herro fan and think he will hate it in Utah.

I’m pretty sure Herro could produce 80-85% of what Donovan does on offense by himself.

Fox
Herro
Strus
Barnes
Sabonis

Playoffs? Maybe?

It's because of John Collins, probably. AFAIK they are friends.

I’m pretty sure Herro could produce 80-85% of what Donovan does on offense by himself.
Not as much on ball as Donovan though... and I think he is not the personality that would embrace Utah... even though I think I know 10 guys from my high school that carried themselves like him.

Heat picks are almost always going to be in the 20s since they are an elite organization and never tank.

Donovan can wish whatever the **** he wants but it should matter not a lick as to how it determines a trade outcome.
Correct though if they have limited cap flexibility and we nab their picks unprotected you may snag a late lotto one year. The key is getting the crown jewel asset which would be #4.

Locke's podcast was interesting today.

• Said he is worried that the league doesnt value our assets as much as we would hope because Ainge wasnt able to get any deal done at the deadline when it was a clear a deal was really needed
  • Says he doesnt think Utah can let players expire with them, they have to get value at the end of their contract
  • Says Utah needs to rebuild the locker room, add talent, and add draft capital (literally the only way to do this is to tank lmao)
  • He says DA has been pretty engaged/involved
    • He doesnt seem to really know what the dynamic is tho
  • Locke thinks Niang/Favors were bigger locker-room leaders than Ingles.
    • Kind of made it seem like Ingles is kind of moody, not as great in the locker-room as fans would expect
  • Locke doesnt think highly of Don's leadership ability. Basically said he's too young and rich, with too many voices in his ear. He's going through growing pains of being young/rich/famous basically.
    • though he does think Don has handled it relatively well, but he's not a NBA locker-room leader at this point
  • Conley hasn't been able to take leadership of the locker-room consistently enough. Locke doesnt think he is that kind of "heart & soul" leader.
  • To tie back to the 1st bullet point, if the Jazz can't move the secondary players to make the team better, it may force the Jazz's hand to trade Mitchell/Rud
  • Locke said he thinks the Jazz focus for a backcourt partner should be size/defense.
    • though there will be a side-effect of Donovan being overburdened on offense

Locke's podcast was interesting today.

• Said he is worried that the league doesnt value our assets as much as we would hope because Ainge wasnt able to get any deal done at the deadline when it was a clear a deal was really needed
  • Says he doesnt think Utah can let players expire with them, they have to get value at the end of their contract
  • Says Utah needs to rebuild the locker room, add talent, and add draft capital (literally the only way to do this is to tank lmao)
  • He says DA has been pretty engaged/involved
    • He doesnt seem to really know what the dynamic is tho
  • Locke thinks Niang/Favors were bigger locker-room leaders than Ingles.
    • Kind of made it seem like Ingles is kind of moody, not as great in the locker-room as fans would expect
  • Locke doesnt think highly of Don's leadership ability. Basically said he's too young and rich, with too many voices in his ear. He's going through growing pains of being young/rich/famous basically.
    • though he does think Don has handled it relatively well, but he's not a NBA locker-room leader at this point
  • Conley hasn't been able to take leadership of the locker-room consistently enough. Locke doesnt think he is that kind of "heart & soul" leader.
  • To tie back to the 1st bullet point, if the Jazz can't move the secondary players to make the team better, it may force the Jazz's hand to trade Mitchell/Rud
  • Locke said he thinks the Jazz focus for a backcourt partner should be size/defense.
    • though there will be a side-effect of Donovan being overburdened on offense
It’s just a total ****ing headache trying to figure out how to fix this. It’s like watching a couple that are too big of cowards to break up and are just a cloud of antagonism everywhere they go. Just ****ing get it over with for everyone’s sake.