What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Did I say best? I, in fact, did not. Your statement implied the talent at the position is fine, which, it is not.

Look, whenever I’ve talked sports with people, when they’ve said “we’re deep at this position”, they’ve implied the talent is fine there. So when you said, “PG is our deepest position”, it sure seems like you’re saying the talent there is fine. Now perhaps you’ve decided to come up with your own definitions for words, and change what the implied perceptions are. Very possible. If you are doing that, it’s wise to inform others so that we don’t think you’re a blithering idiot.

Cy is correct that we need a PG because Conley is old, declining, and will hopefully/probably get traded. Sexton isn’t a true PG. Other guys might get spot minutes there, but they aren’t PG’s either. The Jazz need talent, and depth, at the PG position going forward. Fact.
If the point is just for the point guard to get lots of assists then you are right that the talent level for that isnt fine.
If the point is just to win and play better than the opponent as a team then the talent level is fine.

@Eliza Huge often post stats showing our best lineups. Sexton is in a **** ton of them. Even more than conley. Man sexton played good as a starter this year. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

PG is our deepest position group.

I think shooting guard is probably our deepest position. We really only have two point guards on the roster...Naw and THT have both gotten minutes at point mostly out of necessity, both guys have been shooting guards throughout their career, and that's probably the position they are best suited for.

You never said regular rotation. You just said guys the coach can play at that position. Just using your logic. Every NBA team is so deep at every position. It's wild.

Kind of amazing how often you are wrong.

Here is the entire post: Nope. For instance hardy doesnt have 4 guys at center that that he has put in the regular rotation. In fact hardy literally hasnt played 4 guys in the regular rotation at any position besides point guard.

Notice how “regular rotaion” was used twice in it.

I think shooting guard is probably our deepest position. We really only have two point guards on the roster...Naw and THT have both gotten minutes at point mostly out of necessity, both guys have been shooting guards throughout their career, and that's probably the position they are best suited for.

Maybe hardy would prefer to have different 3rd and 4th string point guards i guess. Seems like he could play beasely or clarkson there just as easy as tht or naw but doesnt.
I doubt most teams have amazing floor generals and assist getters as their 3rd and 4th string options. Tht seems pretty good at getting assists lately though and i thought NAW did a good job running the team from the point position when he got extended time there from injuries.

Kind of amazing how often you are wrong.

Here is the entire post: Nope. For instance hardy doesnt have 4 guys at center that that he has put in the regular rotation. In fact hardy literally hasnt played 4 guys in the regular rotation at any position besides point guard.

Notice how “regular rotaion” was used twice in it.

Either way bud, the Jazz still have 4 guys in their regular rotation at center. Vando/KO/WK/Lauri. You can probably add Gay in their as well as he has played some C.

It's like the Jazz are a team that plays a lot of guys at a lot of different spots because they kind of have to or something. Keep doing all teh mental gymnastics you got to tho to convince yourself the Jazz are deep at PG.

I think we are deep at PG. Conley/Sexton/NAW can all play PG at a pretty high level. Sexton’s stats as starting PG were amazing and he is in all of our best lineups. NAW is great as a third string PG. He showed flashes of being even better than that as well.

Vando is the better player right now but Bones is the better asset. Bones is also likely undervalued because he plays a lot of the non-Jokic minutes which is just a crapshow for everyone involved. It just destroys his advanced stats. If we are building a team keep Vando, if we are still in asset collection mode, get Bones.

That is assuming we can't get a better offer for Vando, which I would think we would. Bones is better value than the 30th or 31st pick in the next draft, though.

Wonder if teams are even answering or calling Ainge at this point . He did so well with the 2 big trades teams may be afraid to even make a deal because if they lose the trade they think they will be shitcanned for it, Jazz may need a different strategy

Wonder if teams are even answering or calling Ainge at this point . He did so well with the 2 big trades teams may be afraid to even make a deal because if they lose the trade they think they will be shitcanned for it, Jazz may need a different strategy
Just have Zanik call and hope they don’t know who he is? Danny putting on a fake voice pretending to be Lindsey?

Very low turnover? His assist to turnover ration isn't even 2:1. My view of Bones and your view of Bones are too different to have this convo. I'm fine with throwing **** against the wall but Sexton and NAW would need to be put on a back burner for this guy? Hard pass... Bones is throwing diarrhea at the wall... and diarrhea don't stick.
Hmm, in my experience diarrhea sticks to literally everything in every way imaginable. Maybe it is throwing constipated ****-bricks against the wall which would just bounce off, the way they plug the toilet up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I think we are deep at PG. Conley/Sexton/NAW can all play PG at a pretty high level. Sexton’s stats as starting PG were amazing and he is in all of our best lineups. NAW is great as a third string PG. He showed flashes of being even better than that as well.
Ya I mean you could say that conley has played great at point guard for us. Sexton has played great at point guard for us. NAW has played great at point guard for us. Even THT has looked really good at point guard for us (he had a 10 assist game!) at times.
In THT last 10 games according to espn he is averaging 13 minutes, 2.5 assists, and 6.9 points per game. That would be 7 assists and 19 points per 36 which isn't bad.

From Hoops Hype

Utah’s Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt have been discussed in trade talks with several teams around the league. In those conversations, Utah has given the indication that it would take the equivalent of a first-round pick to acquire each player, league sources told HoopsHype.

Beasley – an Atlanta native – and Vanderbilt were most notably mentioned together in multi-team trade discussions for Hawks forward John Collins earlier this season. The Suns have also expressed interest in trading for the duo.

Utah has also monitored multiple wing players, including Dallas’ Dorian Finney-Smith and Charlotte’s Jalen McDaniels, HoopsHype has learned.

Utah could theoretically try to dangle Beasley and/or Vanderbilt to land Finney-Smith. As for McDaniels, the Jazz could wait to sign him with cap space. Phoenix and Toronto have expressed interest in trading for McDaniels and acquiring his Bird Rights. McDaniels is having his best season, averaging a career-high 11 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 1.1 steals per game, and will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

In addition to the Hawks and Cavaliers, the Pelicans have also expressed interest in trading for Beasley, HoopsHype has learned.

With that in mind, it’s worth noting New Orleans guard Devonte’ Graham and center Jaxson Hayes are considered available on the trade market according to executives around the league. Graham is owed $12.1 million next season and is guaranteed $2.85 million for the 2024-25 season, per our HoopsHype Pelicans salaries page. Graham’s full $12.65 million salary for the 2024-25 season becomes fully guaranteed if not waived by July 1, 2024. Hayes is eligible for a qualifying offer and restricted free agency this summer.

It’s also worth mentioning Knicks executive Gersson Rosas is a supporter of Beasley and Vanderbilt dating back to their days together in Minnesota. Rosas traded for both players in the same four-team deal and eventually signed Beasley to a four-year, $60 million deal and Vanderbilt to a three-year, $13.8 million contract with the Timberwolves.

The current Knicks regime expressed interest in Beasley just before he agreed to terms with Minnesota years ago. The Knicks have kept tabs on Beasley since, while Rosas has monitored both of his former players from afar.

Indiana, who has had interest in trading for Collins, has also expressed interest in trading for Vanderbilt, HoopsHype has learned.

Vanderbilt is signed for $4.7 million next season and Beasley has a $16.5 million team option for next season.

Exclusive: Malik Beasley hopes to remain with Jazz and have team option picked up

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rum...malik-beasley-jarred-vanderbilt-bones-hyland/

Technically Gay has played center too if you are trying to make a point. 6 guys. OK, you guys can carry on with the entertaining discussion.
Ya and bolmaro played point guard too! ;)

Only one I cannot really make sense of is DFS. I dont know why we made that call. Has had me confused.. maybe DA thinks the Collins deal is close and DFS talk was another way to put pressure on them or smth.

McDaniels and Collins id be happy to land.

I’m thinking DFS would be a part of a Conley deal if Dallas wanted him.

And then there was the detroit trade. GMs should be lining up after that one.