What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I doubt the Blazers would take Gay.
Think I saw Vando/Gay for Hart on a Blazers fan site. People weren't jumping on the bandwagon, but neither were they turning their nose up at it. I take that too mean it's within the realm of possibility.

I don't really see what the deal would be from Portland's POV.

If they're motivated either: a) mainly by money and want to get off of Hart for a longer cost-controlled set of players, I guess I can see that; or b) if they're willing to go all in now and give up a prospect the Jazz like, I guess I could see that.

But I don't much value of them swapping out either Hart or Winslow for Vando/Vando+. Losing their best non-center rebounding/toughness for Vando doesn't seem like much of a benefit, unless they plan on moving Grant to SF and playing Vando and Grant together (not sure that's something I'd recommend, but maybe it can work).
Its really easy to see why Vando/KO is appealing to them. They need help with their bigs... they have Grant/Little/GP2 that can pick up some slack on the wings. They also want to keep Sharpe in the rotation. They also know that they don't have the money to bring back Hart. So get Vando who is cheap this year and next (and honestly the real reason is Dame loves Vando) KO can help cover some center/pf minutes and if it works you can keep him... if not you waive him.

Think I saw Vando/Gay for Hart on a Blazers fan site. People weren't jumping on the bandwagon, but neither were they turning their nose up at it. I take that too mean it's within the realm of possibility.
That's highway robbery... so I bet Danny gets it done.

I would be shocked if the Blazers made that deal...but also absolutely thrilled.

I don't want Hart. He doesn't move the needle at all.
That deal is a home run… assuming it’s Hart. I think he’s do work with our starting group. Good ball mover, good defender, passable shooter, does some of the grab and go stuff we live but is just better at it than Vando.

Its really easy to see why Vando/KO is appealing to them. They need help with their bigs... they have Grant/Little/GP2 that can pick up some slack on the wings. They also want to keep Sharpe in the rotation. They also know that they don't have the money to bring back Hart. So get Vando who is cheap this year and next (and honestly the real reason is Dame loves Vando) KO can help cover some center/pf minutes and if it works you can keep him... if not you waive him.
Yeah, I get that they are wing heavy and big poor, and thus it makes a kind of sense to trade with us.

But if they want to make the playoffs and have even an outside chance of doing well, getting rid of Hart for (the better fit of?) Vando isn't moving the needle all that much -- imo. Hart isn't what ails the Blazers and getting rid of him will come at a cost to the Blazers' prospects this year.

Guess it all depends on whether you think Grant and Vando can play effectively together alongside Nurkic/Eubanks.

Yeah, I get that they are wing heavy and big poor, and thus it makes a kind of sense to trade with us.

But if they want to make the playoffs and have even an outside chance of doing well, getting rid of Hart for (the better fit of?) Vando isn't moving the needle all that much -- imo. Hart isn't what ails the Blazers and getting rid of him will come at a cost to the Blazers' prospects this year.

Guess it all depends on whether you think Grant and Vando can play effectively together alongside Nurkic/Eubanks.
I mean what really hurts them is Nurkic but since they can't address that you get Vando to make Dame smile for a few weeks. For a guy you couldn't keep long term. Portland's view this year has always been that it is a work in progress that will take more than this season to figure out... its a stupid view... but its their view.

That deal is a home run… assuming it’s Hart. I think he’s do work with our starting group. Good ball mover, good defender, passable shooter, does some of the grab and go stuff we live but is just better at it than Vando.

Hart fits in every lineup....except for the tanking Blazers when he was actually performing as a lead option. He was too good it had to stop.

If we pull off Vando+Gay for Hart that is a serious heist. The KO trade makes more sense. Is Rudy Gay homies with Dame? Billups?

He is almost 28. He doesn't fit our timeline.
Lauri is almost 26... I mean we ain't gotta build the team around Hart but he will be good for the next 4-5 years still. He's a great placeholder until we get a more dynamic wing.

Hart fits in every lineup....except for the tanking Blazers when he was actually performing as a lead option. He was too good it had to stop.

If we pull off Vando+Gay for Hart that is a serious heist. The KO trade makes more sense. Is Rudy Gay homies with Dame? Billups?
Gay might have enough of a rep to make Dame believe its fine.... Kinda a Lebron Westbrook thing ya know.

Look everyone... if @KqWIN and I agree on something its likely pretty obviously great.

Hart>Vando... and if we snuck Gay in there... holy ****... we are spared from watching Gay. Vando was fun and I wish him well.

Portland is $67,481 under the luxury tax. They likely will not go over the tax for Vando. That is why a Vando/Gay for Hart deal may be appealing to them. They would shed 2.4M this year.