What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I’m glad I woke up to some great discussion going on. If you think HH doesn’t know what he’s talking about I really don’t know what to tell you.

This was in response to someone saying thank goodness you aren’t the GM. I would have sold off parts so much earlier. We’d be firmly in the mix for 6/7 spot.
I would’ve too. But then, I probably wouldn’t have allowed Markkanen to show what his true potential was. I’m okay with how things have played out. Just need the final act to cause an improvement on our draft position.

Listening to Hoop Collective talk about Bones Hyland… I want zero part of that guy. Plays like **** on both ends… clashes with coaching staff and wants a bigger role on a team he’s being gifted minutes and freedom he doesn’t deserve. Anyone that thinks he is a better win now option than Collin is either lying or dumb. Someday he may be better but the amount of growth between now and then is just not something I’d want to invest in. Get him to Minny and get us back our lotto pick cuz he will tank that ****.

Listening to Hoop Collective talk about Bones Hyland… I want zero part of that guy. Plays like **** on both ends… clashes with coaching staff and wants a bigger role on a team he’s being gifted minutes and freedom he doesn’t deserve. Anyone that thinks he is a better win now option than Collin is either lying or dumb. Someday he may be better but the amount of growth between now and then is just not something I’d want to invest in. Get him to Minny and get us back our lotto pick cuz he will tank that ****.

I just don’t understand how people who constantly **** on Sexton want to bring in Bones.

Minny is a team to watch… if they don’t move Dlo… who is playing well… then they may end up tying themselves to him long term. That is great for us long term. If they do something to preserve the salary spot like Lowry or something… it could hurt them right now. Same issue with Naz. It’s one more pivot point that could go sideways… it could also go well too of course but just something to watch.

Best case scneario for Bones is that he turns into a player like Sexton. Since we already have a player like Sexton, why bother with Bones?

Minny is a team to watch… if they don’t move Dlo… who is playing well… then they may end up tying themselves to him long term. That is great for us long term. If they do something to preserve the salary spot like Lowry or something… it could hurt them right now. Same issue with Naz. It’s one more pivot point that could go sideways… it could also go well too of course but just something to watch.
24/25 & 25/26 will be interesting when they're paying Rudy/KAT/Ant like $150M

Best case scneario for Bones is that he turns into a player like Sexton. Since we already have a player like Sexton, why bother with Bones?

Bones has a 6’9 wingspan so in theory he has the tools to magically become a better defender.

24/25 & 25/26 will be interesting when they're paying Rudy/KAT/Ant like $150M
I think KAT gets moved this summer or next but yeah. It could be Rudy but the difference between what they traded for him and what they’d get would be too big for a GMs ego.

How would we win in that scenario? I think Memphis is the best potential landing spot depending on what they're willing to give up. I'd ask for Ziare Williams if I was Toronto.
Memphis overpaying for a 1.5 year contract. If they suck these playoffs the flaming starts due to all their trash talk and OG might bail after next year.

From the Hoop Collective:

Beasley has interest in NY that is real… maybe Vando too. McMahon expects them to be traded together. Mentioned the protected Knicks picks.

John Collins talk is the same. McMahon says it’s very unlikely… insists the Jazz want a first… Windy says Atlanta wants a first… big delta there.

There was some Clips talk. I just think that team has to get a pg… Lowry/Conley/FVV all mentioned.

Based on the way they talked I would think OG to NOP is more likely than the Grizz. Memphis should do something but I think they are high on their own supply of picks and the draft has been too kind to them recently. Think they like the smell of they own **** a bit too much ya know.

Zero Lakers talk really. Don’t think LA does anything. Can’t wait for Lebron to retire and trash the organization for not helping him win more.

I get not liking Bones, but lol at the idea that his fleshed out ceiling is Collin Sexton. They aren't that similar. They have similar negatives for sure, but they aren't similar players.

Rudy would probably be one of the toughest contracts in the league to move at this point.
I think it could be done but would look so bad for the GM. I agree it wouldn’t be easy. The GM likely couldn’t stomach doing Capela and Collins or Nurkic/Simons for Rudy and maybe a bit more… so the right move is to move KAT. Would love to see the Knicks throw all their picks to the middle for that loser.

It’d be Lauri/Kessler/Ochai/Sexton/NAW and we’d have one year of slight pain and add Wemby, Scoot, Miller to that group plus whatever prospects you want to trade for cuz we’d have infinity picks. 1 year of discomfort for 7-8 years of awesomeness… also we never would have had Dok if I was GM and we’d still have our 2024 pick. Just saying.
Dude my pun at you was in good humor, but you have suggested trading for Russ and Duncan Robinson and also giving Dok run just for the sake of tanking. You did even mention trading Lauri as an option we might have to consider to properly tank.

I know lot of that is spur of the moment stuff, but still some of it was pretty ugly in hindsight.

I think it could be done but would look so bad for the GM. I agree it wouldn’t be easy. The GM likely couldn’t stomach doing Capela and Collins or Nurkic/Simons for Rudy and maybe a bit more… so the right move is to move KAT. Would love to see the Knicks throw all their picks to the middle for that loser.
Rudy's approaching negative asset territory where they'd probably have to include other assets to get out of his deal.

I get not liking Bones, but lol at the idea that his fleshed out ceiling is Collin Sexton. They aren't that similar. They have similar negatives for sure, but they aren't similar players.
They aren’t similar cuz Collin is actually good and not a baby. So I agree. I don’t think they are comparable 1:1 but laugh at the guy who can’t stand one guy but openly longs for the other. It was when you said Bones would help us more than Sexton that made me lol the hardest. Bones ain’t ever going to be as good as Collin cuz he isn’t humble enough to be coached or criticized. We’ll see but I’d be willing to bet his current career arc lands him in China or the G League before it leads to a starting pg gig.

Do the Jazz really need a 2nd star? If the offense is already top 5 with 1 star, is 2nd star necessary?

Of course I'd love to have one, but I don't think you have to jump through hoops to get one. We just need more 2-way type players.
Yeah for the playoffs. There you need multiple guys who can turn red hot and take over the game. If opponents come with a solid plan to slow down Lauri, we need that 2nd star to do the heavy lifting. Jordan is emulating that right now, but he is not on the level we need that 2nd guy to be at.