What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

View: https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1621373866730717185

This was aimed at Bones lol. Sounds like a guy we want.

Few games ago Bones passed a behind the back pass on a fast break to Murray that he couldnt catch (pass being so off target) and yelled "Mal!" three times cheerfully while Murray walked to the bench fuming and ignoring him.

Murray is serious about winning a chip, and probably thinks Bones isnt that serious about it.

Dude my pun at you was in good humor, but you have suggested trading for Russ and Duncan Robinson and also giving Dok run just for the sake of tanking. You did even mention trading Lauri as an option we might have to consider to properly tank.

I know lot of that is spur of the moment stuff, but still some of it was pretty ugly in hindsight.
Oh I know… my response was somewhat humorous too. None of you would want me to be a GM over DA or JZ.

My Lauri take was not that we should trade him but what type of offer would we get. Part of it was thinking it could be flash on the pan stuff. His shooting had ebbed and flowed in the past. It was a “move for us to consider. I was looking for a godfather offer and would DA turn it down type of thing. I’m a full on believer now as the sample size has grown significantly.

Trading for Russ or Duncan would still be great to do to get the assets… we should still be looking at those opportunities.

Rudy's approaching negative asset territory where they'd probably have to include other assets to get out of his deal.
Right… that’s why I put slightly negative or bad contracts in the proposed deals for him. I still think if he’s healthy he’d be movable but the media would lol at the GM and there is more ego to that job than we realize at times.

They aren’t similar cuz Collin is actually good and not a baby. So I agree. I don’t think they are comparable 1:1 but laugh at the guy who can’t stand one guy but openly longs for the other. It was when you said Bones would help us more than Sexton that made me lol the hardest. Bones ain’t ever going to be as good as Collin cuz he isn’t humble enough to be coached or criticized. We’ll see but I’d be willing to bet his current career arc lands him in China or the G League before it leads to a starting pg gig.
Yes, no NBA player who has ever succeeded has clashed with a coach or been upset at a role.

I'm sure Bones deserves the treatment he is getting. I just don't think Malone is a good development coach. I think Hardy is. I'd like to see what we could do with Bones, the potential is there. Like someone said earlier it's funny some of us are obsessed with draft picks but don't want to take on a 2nd year project.

Right… that’s why I put slightly negative or bad contracts in the proposed deals for him. I still think if he’s healthy he’d be movable but the media would lol at the GM and there is more ego to that job than we realize at times.
His salary # is just so high and he doesn't really fit with most teams.

Yes, no NBA player who has ever succeeded has clashed with a coach or been upset at a role.
The wild thing is if the coined had flipped the other way on which side in the debate you were taking on Bones Hyland, this would have been the piece you would use most often. “Dude can’t even get along with a vet coach trying to get his #1 seed team a chip”.

It’s to the point where debating anything is your sport, and listening to another pov is never an option. Chefs kiss to you being a microcosm of society as a whole.

I'm sure Bones deserves the treatment he is getting. I just don't think Malone is a good development coach. I think Hardy is. I'd like to see what we could do with Bones, the potential is there. Like someone said earlier it's funny some of us are obsessed with draft picks but don't want to take on a 2nd year project.
He clashed with the guy who actually made it work with Boogie ****ing Cousins.

So all 2nd year prospects and draft picks are built the same?

A 6’2” malcontent who is by most advanced stats one of the worst defenders in the NBA is the same as a 6’9” wing prospect that would never be a primary ball handler?

Wild stuff my man.

The wild thing is if the coined had flipped the other way on which side in the debate you were taking on Bones Hyland, this would have been the piece you would use most often. “Dude can’t even get along with a vet coach trying to get his #1 seed team a chip”.

It’s to the point where debating anything is your sport, and listening to another pov is never an option. Chefs kiss to you being a microcosm of society as a whole.
Yeah, it's a valid anti Bones sentiment. I'm not denying that. Just think the talent in a rookie deal is worth Vanderbilt

Oh I know… my response was somewhat humorous too. None of you would want me to be a GM over DA or JZ.

My Lauri take was not that we should trade him but what type of offer would we get. Part of it was thinking it could be flash on the pan stuff. His shooting had ebbed and flowed in the past. It was a “move for us to consider. I was looking for a godfather offer and would DA turn it down type of thing. I’m a full on believer now as the sample size has grown significantly.

Trading for Russ or Duncan would still be great to do to get the assets… we should still be looking at those opportunities.
I'm on a different train but thats fine. I personally like that people think differently.. makes the conversation more colorful as long as people dont take it too personally and blow up too easily.

Also I doubt Bones is the ideal Vando trade for Utah. But I think it might be a fallback if they don't need to use him in a package for a bigger deal.

If Vando is dealt in a 1:1 style trade though, I'm guessing it's Bones.

I can't believe this Bones conversation is continuing. Has there actually been any kind of rumor that the jazz were interested in him?