What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm OK with running THT back next year. He has talent and he's still pretty young. We now have a better idea of the role we want from him. At the worst his contract is pretty decent trade ballast next year as an expiring.
That's what Bev was this year though. I just think we had a path to a decent chunk if cap space and the THT deal made that more difficult. I've seen nothing about THT that has changed my opinion of what he is or could be in the league. The trade ballast may be useful in a sign and trade so its fine... I would have not done the Bev deal unless I got seconds (the Lakers had some good ones). I would have waived or bought out Bev before doing the THT deal.

Would you do Conley to the Nets for the Dallas first and expiring contracts?
It would have to be Harris/Mills who have a year left. I'd do it though. That is a premium pick. I guess they could do better but they have a Philly pick that is kinda juicy in like 2017 that might be more available.

I think Toronto and Phoenix will both end up standing pat with the idea that KD could be available this summer. Maybe Toronto collects some assets in preparation of a bidding war.

How about Conley for Darren Finney Smith and filler?

I just think Conley makes so much sense for the Nets. A no drama winning PG who restores culture, keeps durant interested, and doesn't cost the farm.

Dinwiddie would also make sense as a flip for the Nets but he is OK for me. I would prefer to keep Conley vs Dinwiddie unless we got a pick as well.

Finally, the Nets have the 2023 pick via Philly or Houston. If we snagged that pick then would we get the Houston pick so long as Philly ends with a better record than the Nets?

How about Conley for Darren Finney Smith and filler?

I just think Conley makes so much sense for the Nets. A no drama winning PG who restores culture, keeps durant interested, and doesn't cost the farm.

Dinwiddie would also make sense as a flip for the Nets but he is OK for me. I would prefer to keep Conley vs Dinwiddie unless we got a pick as well.

Finally, the Nets have the 2023 pick via Philly or Houston. If we snagged that pick then would we get the Houston pick so long as Philly ends with a better record than the Nets?
I don't think there's any chance they value Conley enough to trade DFS / Dinwiddie and draft capital for him.

I am not the #1 Vando fan. I don't think you "need" to trade him but I do think his value is highest right now. It doesn't likely decline either. I think I'd be more intrigued to see Winslow than Vando at this point... the seconds are fine too. I'd do it if nothing else came around. If it makes Dame happy I'm okay with that little side benefit.
Idiot!! Nothing else to be said. Everything you said in that paragraph was dead wrong!!
Yeah Boston is the guy I would target as well.
Sign me up for Boston

Toronto standing pat is risky though because GTJ/FVV can both opt out this summer.
Yeah... I think Trent could move and its still a bit of a waiting game. FVV is tricky... I think Orlando is the big suitor that would scare me if I am the Raps. No one else with space would concern me. Maybe they cash in though.

I guess they are more a 50/50 who knows type of thing. I just remember being convinced they would move Lowry a few years ago and they just didn't.

Its crazy how much some of you stare at offensive stats when assessing trade value. DFS is worth more than Dinwiddie and they wouldnt trade him for Conley straight up.

I know most around here aren't excited about the prospect of trading for Naz Little but I would be happy with that deal too. He's cheap for 4 years and is 22. He's shooting well this year and has shown steady improvement through his injury issues. I doubt he's the guy they give for Vando but I'd be happy if they did.

My preferred deals:

Beasley to Memphis for Green, filler, and the GS pick they own in 2024.. that pick might be pretty good. Some pieces could be added on either side to massage that type of deal.

I am assuming the Westbrook deal ain't happening. So Conley to the Clips for Wall, jackson, Boston and a pick swap with the Philly pick this year and maybe some seconds is what I'd be after. If we take Kennard in that deal I'm cool but I'd like to send Gay to them in that case. Wall and Jackson are both bought out in this scenario.

Vando I don't have one I prefer. JC I don't think is being shopped. I'd like to avoid taking salary but to get a first or two you may have to.

I think what we need in our asset chest are disposable first round picks. We have plenty of future picks, but there’s so much uncertainty with them that we’d never use them in deals because they’re unprotected. We need first round picks that belong to other teams that are conditional but also far enough in the future that they can be put under the mattress in an envelope until it’s time to use them. For instance, I’m fine cashing in our guys now to land a pick or picks, but I don’t want them this year. I’d prefer them 3 or more years out, and with enough conditions that it motivates us to use them to round out the roster and not to hold onto to actually draft guys. Right now we have a glut of picks that we’ll either have to use or trade for a larger player or trade really close to when the draft is, when we know how good the picks are.

Basically we need petty cash. Turn any of the non-core guys into petty cash.

I think what we need in our asset chest are disposable first round picks. We have plenty of future picks, but there’s so much uncertainty with them that we’d never use them in deals because they’re unprotected. We need first round picks that belong to other teams that are conditional but also far enough in the future that they can be put under the mattress in an envelope until it’s time to use them. For instance, I’m fine cashing in our guys now to land a pick or picks, but I don’t want them this year. I’d prefer them 3 or more years out, and with enough conditions that it motivates us to use them to round out the roster and not to hold onto to actually draft guys. Right now we have a glut of picks that we’ll either have to use or trade for a larger player or trade really close to when the draft is, when we know how good the picks are.

Basically we need petty cash. Turn any of the non-core guys into petty cash.
Its the main reason I'm cool getting the protected picks the NY owns or trying to get the Philly pick that Brooklyn owns. I think those picks have limited value... but in a sign and trade scenario those are prime assets to send with expiring salary... so the team doesn't lose the player for nothing.

the Kings pick Atlanta owns is another one to target. The Portland pick Chicago owns is another. Even if they convey this year you can spin then forward on draft night to a team willing to give a future first.

If the Lakers don't make a move I could see Lebron shutting down early this year. Nagging injuries and stuff... with the side benefit of making Pelinka look bad.

If the Lakers don't make a move I could see Lebron shutting down early this year. Nagging injuries and stuff... with the side benefit of making Pelinka look bad.
Once he gets the scoring title I think anything is possible, if he does that I think he'll eventually ask to be traded in the offseason.