What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm personally still most bullish on the idea of trading Gobert to Charlotte for their picks in the teens plus whatever. I think you could sell simply drafting with the picks as an investment in keeping Donovan (and also a start to the inevitable rebuild) since I think there are some real good looking prospects likely to still be on the board for both picks.

Last edited:
Our #1 regular season offense might be the most worthless stat of them all. Really paid off when the playoffs came around.....

You're a really good, smart poster on this forum. I'm blown away how you don't see how clearly our systems are objectified come playoff time. Without a 5 out lineup we trust, we ain't going anywhere. That's modern basketball - everybody can shoot and everybody can decently switch.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Donovan shot 20% from three… our offense was elite in the previous post season. I am smart because I consider everything rather than fan boying one of our players. No system can overcome the amount of ****** shooting we had. 5 out won’t work if your guards shoot 25% from three. The post season offense hasn’t been nearly as big of an issue as the post season defense. We gonna be a good offense but maybe not better… we gonna be a worse defense in the regular season for sure. Maybe we are able to play different styles but to make up for Rudy being gone you will need at least one great defensive wing and a couple other good ones… and they will need to be able to shoot… good luck.

I'm personally still most bullish on the idea of trading with Charlotte for their picks in the teens plus whatever. I think you could sell simply drafting with the picks as an investment in keeping Donovan (and also a pivot) since I think there are some real good looking prospects likely to still be on the board for both picks.
I agree but the reports are a bit troubling that we’d just be looking to package picks for win now players. The draft is the only way to hopefully get the quality of players we need and it’s very unlikely those guys are ready when Donovan’s here… but if I was Ainge that’s how I’d position it because a quick pivot/retool is such a fools errand.

Of all the teams in the league, the Hawks are the most desperate to improve their defense, and they can probably muster enough value in a trade for Gobert.

The Blazers also desperately need to improve their defense, and need to put another quality player next to Lillard. If their lottery pick stays in the 6 - 8 range, they're a possibility.

Bulls and Nets need to improve their interior defense, but they don't really have the pieces to trade for Gobert.

Toronto has reported interest in Gobert, but they're going to be tough to fleece. I'm not sure a package around OG and GTJ really gets a trade done. Involving Siakam and a third team might though.

If anyone gets "fleeced" in a Gobert trade, it's going to be the Jazz.

I think one of my favorite Gobert trade places is Detroit.

I think the Pistons can actually trade for Gobert and free up max-cap space to sign Zach Lavine while having the 1st-3rd overall pick.

I know LaVine would probably never sign with Detroit, but a big 4 of LaVine/Cade/(Holmgren/Banchero/Jabari)/Gobert would be stupid good and the Jazz could get back Jerami Grant/Sadiq Bey/Kelly Olynyk/Future 1st.

he's getting absolutely torched on defensive rotations and the 76ers are hunting him, he can't stay in front of anyone. He'll be top of the Jazz target list this off season, especially with his contract.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Golden State's package of Wiseman, Wiggins, Moody and a pick for Rudy could work if the Jazz mix it in with a 3rd team. I think this is where Charlotte could come in and end up with Wiseman.

Utah trades Gobert.
Utah receives Wiggins, Moody, GSW FRP, CHA #13, #15.

Charlotte trades #13, #15.
Charlotte receives Wiseman.

Golden State trades: Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, FRP
Golden State receives: Gobert

Golden State's package of Wiseman, Wiggins, Moody and a pick for Rudy could work if the Jazz mix it in with a 3rd team. I think this is where Charlotte could come in and end up with Wiseman.

Utah trades Gobert.
Utah receives Wiggins, Moody, GSW FRP, CHA #13, #15.

Charlotte trades #13, #15.
Charlotte receives Wiseman.

Golden State trades: Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, FRP
Golden State receives: Gobert
Good lord I love Gobert but you aren't getting an all-star, three first round picks (two of which are very good), and a very talented 2ndvyear lotto pick. That would be insane.

Good lord I love Gobert but you aren't getting an all-star, three first round picks (two of which are very good), and a very talented 2ndvyear lotto pick. That would be insane.

Wiggins expires this year, and he's thrown in as salary. He's considered neutral value at best. Moody is unproven. The picks are unproven. That's the kind of haul I think the Jazz can get for Rudy.

And stop calling Wiggins an All Star, really.

Jazz can give CHA, GSW's FRP if that makes you feel better.

If this is what DA is looking for Rudy gonna stay a Jazz man
I also think the pick heavy packages are not what we are looking for… we gonna get Collins cuz he’s buddies with Donovan… and Capela… and maybe something else. We gonna get the “black and yellow” version of the roster.

If this is what DA is looking for Rudy gonna stay a Jazz man

I think Golden State would say 'yes' to that deal. Ainge would probably ask for Kuminga, but Warriors will refuse. Wiggins and Wiseman don't actually have great trade value. A protected Warriors pick doesn't have great value. Moody is interesting. The Hawks package could be better than the Warriors'.

Thoughts on Obi Toppin? Coming out of the draft I wasnt huge on him but things have changed, he looked great when Thibbs finally gave him a shot. I'm doubting the knicks move up in the lottery so they are going to have to sweeten the deal.

I’m gonna be so pissed if we trade gobert instead of Mitchell. Either keep it together or trade Mitchell. Gobert should be absolutely untouchable.

Thoughts on Obi Toppin? Coming out of the draft I wasnt huge on him but things have changed, he looked great when Thibbs finally gave him a shot. I'm doubting the knicks move up in the lottery so they are going to have to sweeten the deal.

I think he's rotational. He's not great defensively out on the floor. He's a below-average 3pt shooter. He doesn't rebound as much as you'd think. If the Knicks don't move up in the lotto, I don't think they could make a meaningful package for Mitchell. I'm starting to think the league will push the Knicks up into the top 4 though.