What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

My take on Butler is that he is a middle 2nd round pick and often performed like it. A couple of times he played with the Stars he looked bad, really bad as getting lit up by GLeague journeymen. The ball stopped moving when it touched his hands and he appeared to have no interest in playing D. I can see why Forrest had Quin's trust more. I think he didn't play summer league last year because those warts would have been fully exposed.
He's looked good when he's had his opportunity on the big stage. I think playing in some dimly lit gym with a handful of people in the stands must feel like being banished to Siberia for guys that have tasted the really big stage like Butler has. To me he's much better than mid second round just by virtue of his "Big game" performances. Plus he reminds me a bit of Jalen Brunson with his craftiness and toughness.

Lopo really trying so hard to spin Mitchell getting burnt on defense.

Sorry bruh, Jazzfanz isnt a board made up of morons. You can try that thing with your very narrow family tree.

The plan was set and we didn't execute.

Don literally takes away the right side dribble so when Dinwiddie drives down to Rudy, he's double teamed on his right side (right handed shooter) with only one option in the corner in Brunson that Royce was not going to leave. I don't know if it's Don's fault or Rudy's fault that Dinwiddie was able to split them. Hell, might be both. Don didn't rush enough for me to close the gap, but the play was there to be made between the both of them.

If Dinwiddie is kept on his left side and unable to kick it out right side, we likely force a shot clock violation.
Here's another crazy though, what if the 6'1 super athlete just stayed in front and contested a guy who was shooting terribly that series?

Wild.

Here's another crazy though, what if the 6'1 super athlete just stayed in front and contested a guy who was shooting terribly that series?

Wild.
I’m iso with 5 out you really need to stay in front… funnel/drop big is when there is like a screen action of some sort. There really isn’t a “system” in iso like that.

they actually stopped running their stuff because they didn’t need to… just isolate and cook the guy in front of you. The pickup ball/rec league offense was enough to bury us.

Let me tell you what the plan was... Donovan stays in front... he did not and got beat badly. He didn't take anything away from Spencer at all. He didn't pressure from behind. He wasn't pushing Spencer one way... and Rudy came from the other side to help.

He got smoked... it happens. You don't have to come up with some elaborate explanation how that was part of the plan. It wasn't.

Now Bogey could rotate to the corner then House or Donovan need to rotate but everyone was watching the ball. That should tell you the plan wasn't for one guy to get cooked on a straight line drive because everyone would be, hopefully, getting ready to rotate.

This is the type of stuff that gets you lit up. Donovan straight got cooked and if you can't see that I can't discuss it anymore.

I mean without a screen he got a full step in front and had both sides of the rim available. Donovan didn't attempt to even get a hand on the pass... it was really bad.
I said Donovan didn't work hard enough on the play, but I believe the play was designed to funnel him to Rudy. We do that a lot.

I would rather us play a defense where we don't funnel and we just help as a team.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I said Donovan didn't work hard enough on the play, but I believe the play was designed to funnel him to Rudy. We do that a lot.

I would rather us play a defense where we don't funnel and we just help as a team.

no... that wasn't the plan... "funneling" is really drop big pick and roll coverage. In iso you stay in front. Rudy is the help guy but the plan is to not allow guys to get to the most crucial part of the court with ease. Sorry.

My pet conspiracy theory this year is that the NBA is going to move the Knicks into the top 4 of the draft in an effort to entice the Jazz to trade Mitchell to the Knicks, similar to the Lakers moving up in the lottery to complete the Anthony Davis trade with the Pels.

Last edited:
no... that wasn't the plan... "funneling" is really drop big pick and roll coverage. In iso you stay in front. Rudy is the help guy but the plan is to not allow guys to get to the most crucial part of the court with ease. Sorry.
There are plenty of times we allow penetration with the expectation they get swallowed up by Rudy. And it's not always a PnR situation.

It's okay if we don't agree.

There are plenty of times we allow penetration with the expectation they get swallowed up by Rudy. And it's not always a PnR situation.

It's okay if we don't agree.

I mean sure... Its also okay to admit that Donovan almost surely just got cooked there.

I know you think you are defending Donovan but you really aren't helping his case.

You offend their God Gobert and they will try to insult you. Sad thing is Rudy doesn't give one **** about them and neither do we.
Yeah, I don’t know, seems like some kind of an old boys club around here. Whatever, too many petty little games for me. I mean I usually don’t stick around this long in the off-season but there’s been this palpable undercurrent of change since Ainge got hired and I just wanted to be in the know. So I respond occasionally to something that piques my interest and it’s generally an outright ignore. I generally have a lot more fun in the game threads but most these off-season guys are just here to jack each other off like they’re real GMs and coaches. Maybe if you kiss the ring enough times. I’ll never know cause that ain’t me. I really don’t have time for the masquerade anyway. Even in a couple weeks when I retire, I mean how many hypothetical Jazz scenarios can we entertain with our close circle of jerks before we’ve had enough. No wonder some of these guys are so god damn miserable!

Last edited:
Yeah, I don’t know, seems like some kind of an old boys club around here. Whatever, too many petty little games for me. I mean I usually don’t stick around this long in the off-season but there’s been this palpable undercurrent of change since Ainge got hired and I just wanted to be in the know. So I respond occasionally to something that piques my interest and it’s generally an outright ignore. I generally have a lot more fun in the game threads but most these off-season guys are just here to jack each other off like they’re real GMs and coaches. Maybe if you kiss the ring enough times. I’ll never know cause that ain’t me. I really don’t have time for the masquerade anyway. Even in a couple weeks when I retire, I mean how many hypothetical Jazz scenarios can we entertain with our close circle of jerks before we’ve had enough. No wonder some of these guys are so god damn miserable!
You seem fun.

You prolly too smart and important for us.

Straight truth my brother! I appreciate you