What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If DL was still here I'd say he'd trade the 1st to get rid off Rudy Gay's contract... now not so sure. Which is good...
If you look at Rudy Gay's stats from last season, they are not totally hideous. He obviously did something to find his way into Quin's doghouse. If you look at game 5 vs the Mavs when the entire team stunk his DNP really stands out. I guess Quin was proving his point.

I still think Rudy needs to be traded with the other Rudy in whatever trade we make.

I think Atlanta makes a lot of sense and they have a few players I really like. Bogdanovic , hunter, Collins, capella, hueter are all interesting and I think Gay, Gobert, Clarkson, bogey all could excel in Atlanta. I think we could easily make a trade with them.

Yes, giving away draft picks away like they are candy is also part of the problem. Whether they are successful or not isn't the point. I believe that taking a conservative side and holding onto players too long is the problem. Drafting poorly certainly has been a problem. Re-signing and overpaying for players is another problem. Staying the same is not acknowledging you have a problem. I am no expert but I see the flaws this team has and nothing has been done to address them. Free agency is a problem for many teams not just Utah. Jazz where able to sign Bogie who was a desired FA. I agree historically this has been a problem but for this reason the Draft is even more important. Giving away picks when you don't have has hurt this team and is a reason why we have no young players depth.

Whether an organization wants to or not they have to evaluate their team's flaws, ignoring them leads to being mediocre and eventually a franchise will have to rebuild due to not address these needs. Just think if the Jazz had not pursued Conely and drafted Bane instead of Udoka. Jazz could have had both Rudy and Giannis but they traded two first for Trey Burke. So when you cannot get free agents, you better hold onto your picks and win more than you lose. After the Denver series it was obvious that Utah need more size and athletes at the SF/SG position and now today we are still thinking about not making major changes. Sorry but to me this is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing expecting different results.
Being conservative isn’t the problem. The jazz haven’t been conservative. The jazz made big moves a couple years ago. The first year was a transition year, then those moves got us the best record in the league, then this year there was locker room issues and Conley slowed down. This year or next, most likely there will be more big changes.

Being conservative isn’t the problem. The jazz haven’t been conservative. The jazz made big moves a couple years ago. The first year was a transition year, then those moves got us the best record in the league, then this year there was locker room issues and Conley slowed down. This year or next, most likely there will be more big changes.
As much as I love him, Ingles had lost a step, too.

If DL was still here I'd say he'd trade the 1st to get rid off Rudy Gay's contract... now not so sure. Which is good...
We should trade Rudy Gay to the Lakers for Nunn and a few 2nd rounders. They would probably get value out of Gay that we wouldn't.

Then trade Conley to Cleveland for #14 (and whatever else they want to send us - LeVert, Love, etc.)

Then trade Bojan and #14 to Atlanta for Collins.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We should trade Rudy Gay to the Lakers for Nunn and a few 2nd rounders. They would probably get value out of Gay that we wouldn't.

Then trade Conley to Cleveland for #14 (and whatever else they want to send us - LeVert, Love, etc.)

Why would Cleveland give up #14 for Conley?

After listening to Jake Fisher and Tony Jones on Jakes podcast, it sounds like the Jazz have a lot more interest in Deandre Hunter than Collins. I think if they're moving Bogey and a pick to Atlanta it will be for Hunter.

After listening to Jake Fisher and Tony Jones on Jakes podcast, it sounds like the Jazz have a lot more interest in Deandre Hunter than Collins. I think if they're moving Bogey and a pick to Atlanta it will be for Hunter.
The Hawks aren't trading Hunter for Bojan though.

Bojan plus a first-round pick might tempt them.
They already have Gallo though, they need to get better defensively, Bojan makes them worse.

They were #2 in the league in offensive rating and 26th defensively last season. They're not going to give up their best perimeter defender for another scoring forward on an expiring deal in his 30's. We also can't really trade any picks for a while.

They already have Gallo though, they need to get better defensively, Bojan makes them worse.

They were #2 in the league in offensive rating and 26th defensively last season. They're not going to give up their best perimeter defender for another scoring forward on an expiring deal in his 30's. We also can't really trade any picks for a while.

I don't necessarily disagree. The main reason I brought it up is because Tony Jones mentioned on Jake Fischer's podcast that his sources say the Hawks have shown a lot of interest in Bogey...and Tony actually brought up the Bojan plus a first-round pick for Hunter trade as a possibility.

I don't necessarily disagree. The main reason I brought it up is because Tony Jones mentioned on Jake Fischer's podcast that his sources say the Hawks have shown a lot of interest in Bogey...and Tony actually brought up the Bojan plus a first-round pick for Hunter trade as a possibility.
Wonder if they want Rudy and Bojan, draft is 10 days away.

On the radio today Tony Jones said there's a chance the Jazz keep their top 7 guys, make moves around the margins and hope that hiring a new coach will inject some energy into the roster. I've got a really bad feeling this is exactly what's going to happen.

giphy.webp

Jake and Tony also talked about possibly trading both Rudy and Bogey to the Hawks for the package you mentioned in your other post, Collins, Hunter and a first-round pick.
They'd also have to move Capela for it to work.
Jazz receive: Capela, Hunter, Johnson, #13, #16
Hawks receive: Rudy, Bojan
Hornets receive: Capela

I'd target Mark Williams at #13 and Jeremy Sochan at #16.

Try to move Mike Conley as well...

Last edited: