What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I don't have time to yap with you. So I'll end my part of the discussion with you here.
All I'll say is that if other teams viewed Rudy as a piece that instantly put them into title contention then guys like Hunter, Ayo, and Williams wouldn't even be points of discussion in potential trade packages yet they're holding up any potential trade.

All I'll say is that if other teams viewed Rudy as a piece that instantly put them into title contention then guys like Hunter, Ayo, and Williams wouldn't even be points of discussion in potential trade packages yet they're holding up any potential trade.

Lets revisit after a trade actually happens or doesn't happen. Teams say all kinds of things when they're negotiating trades and playing games in the media.

I'm also excited to get another "don't judge us by a snapshot in time" comments from Ryan after he trades Rudy to a team that excels next year when we struggle to make the play-in.

This is a silly argument. It's like being in a band and being nervous because your drummer's left handed and there haven't been any people making it big with a left handed drummer in the past couple decades. This is to say nothing of plurality. A center is one position. Currently, wing can be 3 positions. There are more Subways in America than any other restaurant. That doesn't mean they're doing more business than McDonald's. What you have above is a very simplistic way of looking at this. If we were to ask "how many rings were won built around a 6'1" SGs" that list would be smaller. But would it be meaningful?
Giannis is also a center... AD is a center... centers are important still

Any competent GM is looking at the big picture and sees Rudy is going to be 33/34 making almost $50M.

And? There's a reason why Lavine, Beal, everyone else is getting these large deals. Because that's how much it costs to have one of these players, and if the team paying these guys weren't paying them there would be a long line of competent GM's waiting to pay them. If you're not paying them, you're probably paying no one and not winning, or paying two decent players and winning less than you would with the single player.

Bulls gonna sacrifice a ship for Ayo and PWill??

Nobody is guaranteeing them winning a championship. They’d be a 55-win team. Take with that what you may. They’d be much better off then they are now. If they hold it up due to Williams then that is on them and their personnel. Now please stop moving the goalpost. You’ve been taken to the cleaners multiple times now.

And? There's a reason why Lavine, Beal, everyone else is getting these large deals. Because that's how much it costs to have one of these players, and if the team paying these guys weren't paying them there would be a long line of competent GM's waiting to pay them. If you're not paying them, you're probably paying no one and not winning, or paying two decent players and winning less than you would with the single player.
Paying elite wing scorers is different then paying a rim protecting big man though

Nobody is guaranteeing them winning a championship. They’d be a 55-win team. Take with that what you may. They’d be much better off then they are now. If they hold it up due to Williams then that is on them and their personnel. Now please stop moving the goalpost. You’ve been taken to the cleaners multiple times now.
The Bulls don't value Rudy enough to part ways with P-Will, you should call their GM.

Sean Reyes?

Anyway, pretend Ryan was posting here without us knowing it was him posting. Would anyone take him serious?
And I really shared this to contrast what we are doing here. I get it that we can't be a market that keeps guys only because they want to be here... but he is legitimately bummed he may be done here... and he is here in the offseason.

Paying elite wing scorers is different then paying a rim protecting big man though

Lavine and Beal aren't better players than Gobert, and even if you do think so, there would still be teams desperate to give Rudy the contract he's on. You want good players, you have to pay them.

Lavine and Beal aren't better players than Gobert, and even if you do think so, there would still be teams desperate to give Rudy the contract he's on. You want good players, you have to pay them.
But what has recent NBA history shown? Paying centers is not worth it and teams that do rarely have success in the playoffs.

Done going back and forth if Rudy was extremely valued around the league he would've been traded already.

Look at the haul the Pelicans got for AD...

They're also both elite offensive players
Yeah, that was a stupid argument from HH.

Wings or forwards who can play center are not the same as centers who can only play center.

If people can't realize that centers are the most unvital position for an NBA contender, you really can't tell them anything.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah but [insert qualifiers to say you can't win a championship with Rudy].
Basically unless you have Lebron, Steph, Giannis or KD you won't ever be a favorite... but there are a few titles that are won with less obvious players here and there. If you are title or bust you should tank every year until you get the elite of elite talent I guess.

If Wemby is a center and is the next great thing the narrative can shift.

But what has recent NBA history shown? Paying centers is not worth it and teams that do rarely have success in the playoffs.

Done going back and forth if Rudy was extremely valued around the league he would've been traded already.

Look at the haul the Pelicans got for AD...

How is a 26-year old AD comparable to Rudy right now trade value wise.