What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Oh. I thought he meant other teams.
The Heat package is soooo meh. But if we did it I hope we’d not only get every pick they can give unprotected… but I’d hope we could add a super creative swap in the off years… make them agree to swap rights on our own pick but also any other first we may acquire. So if we get really good teams first and they land around 21… we can swap 30 for 21. If we go into rebuild the swap rights are likely not going to be valuable… but this gives those rights the ability to be something.

The Heat package is soooo meh. But if we did it I hope we’d not only get every pick they can give unprotected… but I’d hope we could add a super creative swap in the off years… make them agree to swap rights on our own pick but also any other first we may acquire. So if we get really good teams first and they land around 21… we can swap 30 for 21. If we go into rebuild the swap rights are likely not going to be valuable… but this gives those rights the ability to be something.

The bad part is they owe OKC their 2025 pick. We’d have to do their 2023/2027/2029 unprotected 1sts then 2024/2026/2028 pick swaps.

The bad part is they owe OKC their 2025 pick. We’d have to do their 2023/2027/2029 unprotected 1sts then 2024/2026/2028 pick swaps.

They would have to waive the protections on that pick too first because it’s 1-14 protected then unprotected in 2026.

They would have to waive the protections on that pick too first because it’s 1-14 protected then unprotected in 2026.

Unless we could somehow get that pick in a 3-way trade.

2023/2025/2027/2029 unprotected firsts plus pick swaps in 2024/2026/2028 including any picks we have we can swap like HH suggested. Also, I would like to get Jovic in the deal as well so basically 5 firsts and 3 pick swaps.

They wouldn’t have too… but I’d want em to… OKC could give something small to do it…

It's sounding from Hawks fans and sources that the Hawks want to trade for Ayton as a higher priority than Gobert. Gobert seems to be their Plan B.

Once the Ayton situation is resolved, the market should start moving again for Gobert. Phoenix may also get Ayton to sign for less than the max, which is what other teams are reportedly offering right now.

What's in the Heat package? Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson?

Basically Herro, Robinson, Strus, Yurt… all teh picks. Plus Jovic I assum. I’m projecting… not sure what the rumored package is.

I would honestly hope/see if you could route Herro to a third team for a couple picks.

The dream that any of the pieces amount to anything eventually.

I am not a big believer in Herro BTW.

I’m only remotely entertaining the package if a third team gets involved and the Jazz get better odds on a more premium asset to build with.

Last edited:
Basically Herro, Robinson, Strus, Yurt… all teh picks. Plus Jovic I assum. I’m projecting… not sure what the rumored package is.

I would honestly hope/see if you could route Herro to a third team for a couple picks.

I like Jovic enough to move the last year of Bogdanovic for him. I think Jovic will come out at least as good as Markkanen. I think Herro has found his true role as an off-the-bench shooter. I don't think he's much more than that. The rest is a big, healthy pile of crap.

If the Jazz are going to trade Mitchell, there needs to be some kind of centerpiece, like a certain top-5 lottery pick, plus an additional lottery pick. These Miami picks and swaps are likely to be late for a while.

The Jazz should tell Miami to come back with two certain lottery picks, or just not return Miami's calls.

The dream that any of the pieces amount to anything eventually.

I am not a big believer in Herro BTW.

I’m only remotely entertaining by he package if a third team gets involved and the Jazz get better odds on a more premium asset to build with.

I like Jovic enough to move the last year of Bogdanovic for him. I think Jovic will come out at least as good as Markkanen. I think Herro has found his true role as an off-the-bench shooter. I don't think he's much more than that. The rest is a big, healthy pile of crap.

If the Jazz are going to trade Mitchell, there needs to be some kind of centerpiece, like a certain top-5 lottery pick, plus an additional lottery pick. These Miami picks and swaps are likely to be late for a while.

The Jazz should tell Miami to come back with two certain lottery picks, or just not return Miami's calls.
Herro is the classic tier of player that could start on a good team but on a championship team he’s likely sixth man… but he wants to start and be more than that. It’s fine if you don’t have to pay him 25M+ per year but he may make that much and it’s no longer a great valuable contract to build around. If he had one more cheap year I could be down. If we traded for him then extended him on something around 20M a year I could likely get on board… I highly doubt he signs on for that in Utah.

It's sounding from Hawks fans and sources that the Hawks want to trade for Ayton as a higher priority than Gobert. Gobert seems to be their Plan B.

Once the Ayton situation is resolved, the market should start moving again for Gobert. Phoenix may also get Ayton to sign for less than the max, which is what other teams are reportedly offering right now.
IMO, Detroit trading for Duren on draft night changed Ayton's free agency significantly.

Only reason to want Ayton is because of age. Gobert is leagues better both as a player and fit for Atlanta. I'm amazed by how many people want a big who was spoon fed by one of the GOAT playmakers of all time yet still could not learn to draw fouls.

I'd want Ayton over Gobert if I was interested in running a post centric offense. I would not want Ayton over Gobert if my best player was a PNR guard.

If San Antonio pulls the red handle and tanks, that removes another Ayton destination. Hornets also reportedly had some interest, but just drafted Mark Williams.
Man, they could still tank with Ayton. I don't think Ayton wins you that many games by himself the way a Rudy does. They got so many young players they can throw out there to make any lineup they want relatively ineffective.