What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Don't know for sure if it's possible; guessing it may not be. If it is possible it's an interesting idea. I don't see sending Stanley Johnson or Dok into a TPE as being as likely as some people do (Jazz desperately need front court depth).

I'd like to know the details of the luxury tax situation a bit better, but I don't think (at this point) that we're in realistic danger of exceeding it, so it's not like we HAVE to send someone out in a deal that somehow saves money.
That is a possibility. I think they would still owe Butler his full salary and I don't think it helps luxury tax wise. I think Butler's shelf life might be nearing expiration.

Don't know for sure if it's possible; guessing it may not be. If it is possible it's an interesting idea. I don't see sending Stanley Johnson or Dok into a TPE as being as likely as some people do (Jazz desperately need front court depth).
So I kinda know what you're saying... but... what do they need front court depth for...?

So I kinda know what you're saying... but... what do they need front court depth for...?
So the players that need to get experience actually get to play their correct position. We don't need SGs playing PF. But yeah, if the number #1 consideration is the record then let chaos reign, I suppose

If that comes with an unprotected first, which I assume it does, we’re not getting a better combined assets offer IMO. And even though he makes less than Bogey, there’s still room to include Butler (trade machine) - cause they need another JB and we need to jettison. Then we mold the 6’7” DR into a small forward (due to our surfeit of shooting guards and because he can stick the three).

I could still see a multi-team deal being worked out between LA, Utah, Indiana and some as-yet-unnamed team that wants to get involved at the last minute.
I can't get it either. The Twitter chatter is something like this

Cam, A player from the Hornets (Kelly, Terry?), Bogey to LAL.

Conley, Clarkson to NYK.

Russ Westbrook, 2 LAL pick, the worst NYK 2023 pick to Utah

Randle and something else to Cha.

The Charlotte piece is questionable but I think the Knicks, Lakers and Utah are happy.

I can't get it either. The Twitter chatter is something like this

Cam, A player from the Hornets (Kelly, Terry?), Bogey to LAL.

Conley, Clarkson to NYK.

Russ Westbrook, 2 LAL pick, the worst NYK 2023 pick to Utah

Randle and something else to Cha.

The Charlotte piece is questionable but I think the Knicks, Lakers and Utah are happy.

Why would the Knicks need Conley and Clarkson? They got players in those slots already they need to figure out.

T
Why would the Knicks need Conley and Clarkson? They got players in those slots already they need to figure out.
They dump Randle. Also they can flip Clarkson and Conley. It is just an cap/asset move. In two years they need to prep for another DM trade.

T

They dump Randle. Also they can flip Clarkson and Conley. It is just an cap/asset move. In two years they need to prep for another DM trade.
It is just Twitter garbage news at this point so take it with a grain of salt. It is likely junk, but sometimes it hits. Indiana has cap space and Jeanie Buss has stated that backing up AD with a quality player on defense was a key so...I think Indiana will be included somehow.

It’s behind a paywall and I refuse to pay for any type of news. Care to rundown what that details of that trade would look like?
The Lakers discussed a four-team trade with Utah, New York and Charlotte ahead of the Donovan-Mitchell-to-Cleveland trade, according to league sources. One preliminary iteration of a four-team deal would have had Bojan Bogdanović and Terry Rozier going back to Los Angeles.

Like I said, old news.

The Lakers discussed a four-team trade with Utah, New York and Charlotte ahead of the Donovan-Mitchell-to-Cleveland trade, according to league sources. One preliminary iteration of a four-team deal would have had Bojan Bogdanović and Terry Rozier going back to Los Angeles.

Like I said, old news.
Wasn’t this in connection to the jazz and Knicks trade talks for Don though? Very old talks I’m guessing

Should be an interesting week. I can't imagine we really want to go in to the season with the oldest tanking team in the history of the NBA.

Specifically I'm expecting a deal to get done for Bogey. I think his value is what it currently is, and we just need to take the best offer we like.

I personally like consolidating some of our assets in to more premium assets (Lakers deal), but I'm not really sure what has actually been offered.

Let the trade begin.

Should be an interesting week. I can't imagine we really want to go in to the season with the oldest tanking team in the history of the NBA.

Specifically I'm expecting a deal to get done for Bogey. I think his value is what it currently is, and we just need to take the best offer we like.

I personally like consolidating some of our assets in to more premium assets (Lakers deal), but I'm not really sure what has actually been offered.

Let the trade begin.
I hope you are right. I can see Trader Dan taking some time off to see if any injuries happen and then Trader Dan to the rescue with an established vet with low miles and only been driven to church on Sunday.

I hope you are right. I can see Trader Dan taking some time off to see if any injuries happen and then Trader Dan to the rescue with an established vet with low miles and only been driven to church on Sunday.

For our vet with low value (e.g. Conley), I think it's a good strategy to see if they can reclaim some value. For others (e.g. Bogey) I think there is just as much risk you lose value (injury, doesn't play well) by not making a trade before camp.

For our vet with low value (e.g. Conley), I think it's a good strategy to see if they can reclaim some value. For others (e.g. Bogey) I think there is just as much risk you lose value (injury, doesn't play well) by not making a trade before camp.
The hardest thing is the balance between rehabbing value and stealing minutes from developing players.

Off the bench for 23+ minutes is ok but starting him would just be dumb imo.