What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Let me frame this in a way that will make it palatable for the people who are against it:

Would you trade a single late first (25th or lower, along with the vet players most dont want here) for a guarantee that the Jazz would have a bottom 3 record vs possibly being the 8th worst record?
You also have to present the upside and downside of Lonzo here to be fair.

I mean if we wanted to send a pick to trade Mike then Lonzo may not be the only candidate. Maybe we could trade Mike with a first for expiring salary on guys we just waive... in that scenario we free up $14M+ in cap space while having the same effect on our record.

I also remember this clown saying we weren’t trading Rudy or Donovan and that he was 100% convinced Bogey was getting traded to the Knicks. Some of the dumbest **** I’ve ever heard.
Man you are very odd about people making predictions. We can pull up the Bogey thread. Pretty sure no one predicted the Pistons, but somehow that makes me one of the dumbest posters for predicting the Knicks? Mans you predicted two teams with your lame *** and neither were right lmfao.

You also have to present the upside and downside of Lonzo here to be fair.

I mean if we wanted to send a pick to trade Mike then Lonzo may not be the only candidate. Maybe we could trade Mike with a first for expiring salary on guys we just waive... in that scenario we free up $14M+ in cap space while having the same effect on our record.
I've presented the upside/downside of Lonzo dozens of time so I'm not sure what you are saying.

Yes, we could maybe do a different deal that achieved a similar thing, but I dont think someone with the potential of Lonzo is out there who is ready to miss an entire year.

Time will tell. Pain management isnt a fully understood thing. The doctors say his knee is structurally sound. Give him the year, let him rebuild his confidence in his knee and figure out what works. It's worth the risk.
Put it this way... how many guys have figured this out. I mean he hasn't been cleared to run or jump. I'm legitimately asking... long term how many have figured out a pain management issue like this (if there is pain there are issues that lead me to believe structurally sound is nothing to get excited about).

*Im not saying this is a good or exact comparison and this is obviously just my own experience*

I've had unexplainable knee pain before. I've woken up with my knee on fire and the doctors have no idea what was going on. I've had minor knee surgery to fix it with no real results. Sometimes it just takes trial and error before you find the right treatment and give your body the proper time to heal on it's own.

Bogey is a 35 year old on an expiring deal and the Jazz wanted to not take long-term salary back. They arent comparable scenarios.

You are also dealing with a limited amount of teams if you are talking about late first. Not every team can be like "Yeah we have a late first to give you".
Ummm.... Bogey is 33.

Put it this way... how many guys have figured this out. I mean he hasn't been cleared to run or jump. I'm legitimately asking... long term how many have figured out a pain management issue like this (if there is pain there are issues that lead me to believe structurally sound is nothing to get excited about).
I dont think it has anything to do with him being cleared iirc. It's all his own stuff. He's reporting pain and he's self-limiting.

As I posted before this, sometimes the answer is just long-term rest and taking your rehab very slowly without feeling the need to rush yourself back.

A condition that has persisted for 8 months and where after several surgeries he can’t even walk up stairs = lmao, he has some knee issues
He has knee issues but it will just take time. I have had my own, I couldn’t run or jump or even walk up stairs for 5 months. I’ve done physical therapy, I can jog lightly and jump with some pain, but it gets better every day and I’m much older than him and his medical care will be much better than mine obviously, and I’m about 20 years older. Relax, his career ain’t over.

Man you are very odd about people making predictions. We can pull up the Bogey thread. Pretty sure no one predicted the Pistons, but somehow that makes me one of the dumbest posters for predicting the Knicks? Mans you predicted two teams with your lame *** and neither were right lmfao.

Both the teams I predicted are the other two teams who we were in discussions with LMAO. You predicted the ****ing Knicks of all teams if you don’t understand how dumb that was I can’t help you.

Also, nothing has even been reported Lonzo is on the trading block. The Bulls know what they have and they probably arent at that point yet.

Both the teams I predicted are the other two teams who we were in discussions with LMAO. You predicted the ****ing Knicks of all teams if you don’t understand how dumb that was I can’t help you.
Again, I have no idea why you are this lame.

What's the point of making predictions if posters are just going to use it as some lame *** "look at how dumb you were for being wrong" when literally everyone was wrong.

We are having a civil disagreement over opinions for the most part, but damn dude you are just being an insufferable douchebag with this kind of stuff.

You could write a literal book of NBA players that have had their careers cut short due to knee injuries. Off the top of my head, Brandon Roy, Penny Hardaway, Harold Miner, all super talented guys plagued by it.

It's not normal to have the issues Ball is discussing from a meniscus surgery back from January. The fact that he can't do routine things at 0% much less 100% as you'd want is a clear sign that every other team that would be interested in Ball are going to sit on the sidelines vs. pay him $20M to rehab this year and take on another two years of salary.

And knees don't magically get better - to be 24 years old and have this many issues this soon doesn't bode well for 30 year-old Ball.

Trading firsts for Ball would be a historic blunder until further can be understood about his ailment and future.

I dont think it has anything to do with him being cleared iirc. It's all his own stuff. He's reporting pain and he's self-limiting.

As I posted before this, sometimes the answer is just long-term rest and taking your rehab very slowly without feeling the need to rush yourself back.
This is nonsense... how does one become cleared for activities... through self reporting on pain. Its not Ball being a wuss or limiting himself. He's reporting actual symptoms of something going on in his knee... he took 8 months for a "minor" procedure.

I know your knee turned out fine but jeebus man... the stress you and I put on our knees is like 1% what an NBA player needs. Give me some examples of athletes with these issues where it turned out all rosy in the end. This is career threatening imo... he could join guys like Bender, Roy, etc. that never figure it out. If its Conley and the Philly first... I mean maybe... but I'd also need to know what else is on the table.

Within NBA circles there are legitimate concerns that Lonzo is done. Hasn't been cleared and the docs have no idea what's going on with the knee.

If he were on the block the Bulls wouldn't get anything of value for him right now.
You really dont think teh Thunder would go after him? Cmon now. Someone like that would take the gamble if the price was just a late first.

Andy Larsen reported late first were available for Bogey but we had to take back salary. Yes, you made up the false report that the Jazz could not get back a late first for Bogey.

That is taking back negative assets. You are extremely dumb. We couldn’t get a first for Bogey without taking back bad salary or adding Vanderbilt. That’s not the same as getting a first and matching salary for just Bogey.

That is taking back negative assets. You are extremely dumb. We couldn’t get a first for Bogey without taking back bad salary or adding Vanderbilt. That’s not the same as getting a first and matching salary for just Bogey.
I know you went crazy horny when I got Bogey's age wrong and were so excited to post your "gotcha" moment that you probably didnt read what I actually posted, but I said as much. These arent comparable 1:1 scenarios so you trying to make them as such is silly.

This is nonsense... how does one become cleared for activities... through self reporting on pain. Its not Ball being a wuss or limiting himself. He's reporting actual symptoms of something going on in his knee... he took 8 months for a "minor" procedure.

I know your knee turned out fine but jeebus man... the stress you and I put on our knees is like 1% what an NBA player needs. Give me some examples of athletes with these issues where it turned out all rosy in the end. This is career threatening imo... he could join guys like Bender, Roy, etc. that never figure it out. If its Conley and the Philly first... I mean maybe... but I'd also need to know what else is on the table.
Yeah, I'm fully aware it could end badly, as I've said countless times.

I'm just not sweating a late first rounder(s) and there is a ton of extra added benefit of making the team much worse in the short-term.

Again, I have no idea why you are this lame.

What's the point of making predictions if posters are just going to use it as some lame *** "look at how dumb you were for being wrong" when literally everyone was wrong.

We are having a civil disagreement over opinions for the most part, but damn dude you are just being an insufferable douchebag with this kind of stuff.

Dude I could ask a random on the street and they’d give better answers than you. You constantly go over the deep end with dumbass predictions that never come true.

I know you went crazy horny when I got Bogey's age wrong and were so excited to post your "gotcha" moment that you probably didnt read what I actually posted, but I said as much. These arent comparable 1:1 scenarios so you trying to make them as such is silly.

You’re right they aren’t comparable. Bogey is an expiring contract and isn’t out for the year lmao.