What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If tanking is the goal then you want to keep Sexton as the starter. He will probably get pretty good general stats on good efficiency without making the team win too much.
Sure... or... hang with me here... he could figure some **** out and improve and be a part of the success of the next group. Win/win.

If we landed a draft guy that made Sexton expendable then you move him then. I think his value goes up from where it is currently.

Sure... or... hang with me here... he could figure some **** out and improve and be a part of the success of the next group. Win/win.

If we landed a draft guy that made Sexton expendable then you move him then. I think his value goes up from where it is currently.
He has already improved and he is still a net negative and just a conducive player to high level winning. He can keep improving at his strengths and not much is going to change. He's Monta Ellis. If the Jazz want to be a successful team, they should look to move him.

He has already improved and he is still a net negative and just a conducive player to high level winning. He can keep improving at his strengths and not much is going to change. He's Monta Ellis. If the Jazz want to be a successful team, they should look to move him.
He's not a net negative.

Also, Monta's production plus Sexton's attitude would be a helluva player.

Sexton can improve on his weaknesses... and his strengths. If we hit a ceiling with him then we can move him then... we haven't gotten there.

Who do you think has more value: Sexton or Clarkson?
You truely are clueless sometimes. Midseason buyers dont care about future value. They care about immediate impact, fit to the team and box score history. Sexton also looks more like a project on tape while JC looks more like a finished product.

Sexton is more valueable only if we use him as a chip to trade with a rebuilding team, but that would make us the buyer.

When the Jazz trade him I will be vindicated and everyone will realize they agreed with me the whole time.
You want to tank, yet you want to trade the player you claim is helping the tank more.
You want to rebuild, yet you want to trade away a 23 year old future prospect and extend a 30 year old win now piece sharing a similar skillset.

Somewhere inside your head this all makes sense.

Fascinating.

You truely are clueless sometimes. Midseason buyers dont care about future value. They care about immediate impact, fit to the team and box score history. Sexton also looks more like a project on tape while JC looks more like a finished product.

Sexton is more valueable only if we use him as a chip to trade with a rebuilding team, but that would make us the buyer.
Lmfao

To add on just to laughing at you.

Clarkson is likely in the last year if his deal as he has a player option. Sexton has 3 years left after this year. The question of who is more valuable is valid.

You want to tank, yet you want to trade the player you claim is helping the tank more.
You want to rebuild, yet you want to trade away a 23 year old future prospect and extend a 30 year old win now piece sharing a similar skillset.

Somewhere inside your head this all makes sense.

Fascinating.
Sexton absolutely helps the tank, but so will NAW, so will THT, so will Ochai. The Jazz have no shortage of mediocre backups guards who aren't ready to be starters.

And Sexton/Clarkson in no way have similar skill sets. They have similar overarching roles (scorers) but they go about it very differently.

And Clarkson is flat out better and he's (supposedly) loved by the owner so it's something we have to live with I guess.

And Sexton/Clarkson in no way have similar skill sets. They have similar overarching roles (scorers) but they go about it very differently.

And Clarkson is flat out better and he's (supposedly) loved by the owner so it's something we have to live with I guess.
Tony Finau gonna be our ****ing GM some day.