What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

We will see. I wont be shocked to see kessler go back to 23 minutes per night and KO at 28 and Gay right there at 13-15 like always.
I mean i think most of us knew Kessler should be getting closer to 30 minutes per night and Gay zero before KO got hurt. Yet that wasn't happening. At all. I hope you are right though.

This is exactly what I expect Hardy to do once KO is back. I'm also hopeful that the front office will take it out of Hardy's hands and buy out Gay's contract after the trade deadline.

Ainge could easily beat that Knick offer. How perfect it would be if he used those picks from the Don trade to acquire OG from under the Knicks nose.

I'm only half kidding. Leon Rose is desperate to make some kind of big splash at this point so can easily see them overpay.

FWIW I'm not a huge Toppin fan. He has some strength, can really dunk and shoot but is a pretty bad defender at the 4. Has zero lateral quickness and cannot defend the perimeter. He's not a good defender under the basket either. He will also be 25 in March. Pass.

Fingers crossed. Orlando is always looking to save salary. I loved him as he outplayed Aaron Gordon and has a three point shot.

I would make the 2005 Cavs pick available with a top 5 protection. Jonathan could play small ball 5, the 4 and be an offball shooter. You shore up the frontcourt with defense for years to come and you would just need to fill out the backcourt. Add Amen Thompson to this and boom! Championship
The only concern is that he has literally played 1 game in the past like 3 years.

FWIW I'm not a huge Toppin fan. He has some strength, can really dunk and shoot but is a pretty bad defender at the 4. Has zero lateral quickness and cannot defend the perimeter. He's not a good defender under the basket either. He will also be 25 in March. Pass.
Yeah, Toppin is weird to watch because he's so explosive vertically but he looks like he's stuck in the mud when he's moving laterally.

I think I'd do the Toppin for Nets/76ers pick and Rudy Gay. He still has 1.5 years left for us to see him prove it, and it could be hard to properly develop a late 20's pick with two rookies taken before them and a hefty young core already, and Toppin would fill the Gay minutes nicely I think.

I have never been as high on Isaac as a lot of people here, but he looked pretty good in limited minutes his first game back. Crazy to me he hasn't played in 2.5 seasons and he still has 2.5 seasons left on his contract

I think I'd do the Toppin for Nets/76ers pick and Rudy Gay. He still has 1.5 years left for us to see him prove it, and it could be hard to properly develop a late 20's pick with two rookies taken before them and a hefty young core already, and Toppin would fill the Gay minutes nicely I think.

I have never been as high on Isaac as a lot of people here, but he looked pretty good in limited minutes his first game back. Crazy to me he hasn't played in 2.5 seasons and he still has 2.5 seasons left on his contract
It depends on my other options but that feels fair. My first goal with the Philly pick would be to use it in a trade where I got swap rights to move into the top20 or higher... like with the Clips or Hawks.

The only concern is that he has literally played 1 game in the past like 3 years.
Yep but I think part of that was COVID. He has refused the shot. There's some suberterfuge going
Isaac is a head case. Hard pass.
He's antivax like a large portion of society currently is and he is highly vocal about his Faith. Almost every comment is about God. I could see a couple of these things bothering some. Most wouldn't be bothered by it though - intellectual sanctimonity is kind of off-putting.

In the limited 10 minutes he looks stronger and faster and the shot is still there. He would be a huge get for the Jazz.

Yep but I think part of that was COVID. He has refused the shot. There's some suberterfuge going

He's antivax like a large portion of society currently is and he is highly vocal about his Faith. Almost every comment is about God. I could see a couple of these things bothering some. Most wouldn't be bothered by it though - intellectual sanctimonity is kind of off-putting.

In the limited 10 minutes he looks stronger and faster and the shot is still there. He would be a huge get for the Jazz.

Why would his refusal to take the shot keep him out longer? Genuine question, I didn't think Isaac would back down from a stance by scrutiny, he was all for being one of (the only?) player not to kneel during the bubble. Bradley Beal is also unvaxxed and I don't think fans would have the same aversion to him being on their team (also a devout Christian). Kyrie Irving was kept out but that was due to playing in New York with more strict guidelines than Florida would have.

I don't think it is fair to make people's aversion to him about his faith. Steph Curry is one of the most vocal Christians in the league and also one of the most universally loved. He also probably mentions God in everyone of his postgame comments. I personally don't think faith includes Fox news/Fauci scapegoating/vaccinations, which I think is the sticking point for many people. I also think Jaylen Brown is a headcase. I would prefer to not have either on my team in an ideal world, but there is a reason no one would ever hire me in basketball operations. I would suck at it.

Why would his refusal to take the shot keep him out longer? Genuine question, I didn't think Isaac would back down from a stance by scrutiny, he was all for being one of (the only?) player not to kneel during the bubble. Bradley Beal is also unvaxxed and I don't think fans would have the same aversion to him being on their team (also a devout Christian). Kyrie Irving was kept out but that was due to playing in New York with more strict guidelines than Florida would have.

I don't think it is fair to make people's aversion to him about his faith. Steph Curry is one of the most vocal Christians in the league and also one of the most universally loved. He also probably mentions God in everyone of his postgame comments. I personally don't think faith includes Fox news/Fauci scapegoating/vaccinations, which I think is the sticking point for many people. I also think Jaylen Brown is a headcase. I would prefer to not have either on my team in an ideal world, but there is a reason no one would ever hire me in basketball operations. I would suck at it.
Fair point escalating into politics does take his positions to another level. I guess he is similar to Donovan in that aspect except his politics are practically the polar opposite.

Wasn’t everyone super high on him pre-draft? He was like every media person’s and reporter’s sleeper.
Yeah, IIRC that was the year we were in trade talks with the Warriors when they had a late lottery pick and were interested in Joe Ingles, and we were reportedly targeting Duarte. He was good as a rookie but his production has fallen off of a cliff with Mathurin in the lineup.

Yeah, IIRC that was the year we were in trade talks with the Warriors when they had a late lottery pick and were interested in Joe Ingles, and we were reportedly targeting Duarte. He was good as a rookie but his production has fallen off of a cliff with Mathurin in the lineup.

He's also 25. Don't have much interest in him. Nothing groundbreaking as a 24 year old rookie either.