What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Here is my Best Buy moment. Yesterday I ran into a guy that I sometimes play noon rat ball at the Y with. He was all excited that he was going to the All Star game and there was going to be a mini reunion there of his old college coach at Williams College and former players from there. Two of the former players scheduled to attend this reunion are Will Hardy and Duncan Robinson. Don't be surprised when the dust settles that Robinson is a Jazz man. I know his contract is hideous but he is someone that would understand Hardy's system.

Here is my Best Buy moment. Yesterday I ran into a guy that I sometimes play noon rat ball at the Y with. He was all excited that he was going to the All Star game and there was going to be a mini reunion there of his old college coach at Williams College and former players from there. Two of the former players scheduled to attend this reunion are Will Hardy and Duncan Robinson. Don't be surprised when the dust settles that Robinson is a Jazz man. I know his contract is hideous but he is someone that would understand Hardy's system.
I googled rat ball and google just showed me that ras have big *********

Look Duncan Robinson has always been destined to be a Jazz man... everyone just needs to be okay with it. I mean Locke already has a cringy name for some type of game he has like a "purple turtle" or some ****.

I kinda like the idea of trading for Robinson. The contract is unquestionably bad, but he's an amazing shooter and he has size. I haven't really looked at his stats much, but my eye-test has always had him as a pretty good rebounder. I think he can be a good reclamation project, so I'm all for some trade based around Beasley for Robinson and Jovic and a FRP.

I kinda like the idea of trading for Robinson. The contract is unquestionably bad, but he's an amazing shooter and he has size. I haven't really looked at his stats much, but my eye-test has always had him as a pretty good rebounder. I think he can be a good reclamation project, so I'm all for some trade based around Beasley for Robinson and Jovic and a FRP.
Keep dreaming. Not like Spoelstra doesn't know how to use him. Not like he isn't on a team with good passes/playmakers. He just isn't good.

Keep dreaming. Not like Spoelstra doesn't know how to use him. Not like he isn't on a team with good passes/playmakers. He just isn't good.
Yeah, might be too optimistic, but Heat isn't a terrible organization, and they gave him that contract. I think his confidence is shot, and I still think he can turn it around and be a useful player. I don't see him being worth his contract, but I think he can be way closer to worth it than he is now.

Don't like taking on the Robinson contract, at all. However, I don't think his missing shooting is scheme, coaching, passing, teammates, but all mental. A change of scenery to somewhere with better vibes, new environment and less pressure could help. (But maybe just as likely he'll feel the need to show something immediately and slump even worse.)

Don't like taking on the Robinson contract, at all. However, I don't think his missing shooting is scheme, coaching, passing, teammates, but all mental. A change of scenery to somewhere with better vibes, new environment and less pressure could help. (But maybe just as likely he'll feel the need to show something immediately and slump even worse.)

That's a lot of money to pay someone who will be playing behind Ochai. . .

It checks out. Hardy played there in 2009-10 and Robinson played there in 2013-14.

That's a lot of money to pay someone who will be playing behind Ochai. . .
I just looked at that contract. It might be the worst value in the NBA, just based off a "one season wonder".
Not only is it a lot for a bench player, it would cost Miami more than 1 first to get off it.
I guess he could come here in free agency in 2027 smh

I’d roll the dice for an unprotected first where Beasley not Vando was the prize. Duncan has fallen out of favor in Miami just as Beasley had fallen out of favor in Minny. Sell high buy low, name of the game. Duncan has three or four inches on Beasley and can help a team in more ways at more positions to make up for that extra dosh thru 2025. Besides, I think his shot selection is better than Beaz.

Would you guys trade Sexton to Dallas for Bertans' contract + '25 FRP?

According to rumors Dallas tried to get Sexton in a s&t last summer after they lost Brunson but were over the tax apron and didn't have any players Cleveland wanted.
Bertans' contract is ugly for a guy who never gets off their bench.
Would Ainge help Dallas by sending them a young player that fits next to Luka and also fits his timeline or should he not even worry about Dallas at this juncture?
I really like Sexton, he's improving on both ends in Hardy's system, but he's a guy who maybe only reaches his potential next to a big playmaker and the Jazz don't have that archetype on their roster.

It's obvious Ainge wants to add FRP's but the options are limited esp if Beasley, Vando, Conley, JC don't have that type of value due to age, skillset, upcoming FA, etc. Sending useful players to Mia or Dallas for bad contracts (Bertans, Robinson) might be the best path to add FRP's. If Sexton keeps improving this season maybe Ainge gets a better haul during the offseason without taking on a bad contract like Bertans?
Bertans contract alone would be a FRP. Then add Sexton and there is no way in hell I would do that trade for 1 pick. The conversation wouldnt even start until 2 unprotected first round picks were on the table.

Robinson was fantastic for several years. Not a 1 year player. He feels like a buy low, sell on option as others have stated. I am still shocked he isn't playing more in Miami, if for nothing else but to feature him or revive him.

Taking on his contract is worth a pick plus a young player imho. Bertans is the same deal.

Would anyone consider Bertans if the wiz turn in to sellers?

Kessler
Porzingis playing the 4
Markaanen

Thats a tall, athletic lineup.

Robinson was fantastic for several years. Not a 1 year player. He feels like a buy low, sell on option as others have stated. I am still shocked he isn't playing more in Miami, if for nothing else but to feature him or revive him.

Taking on his contract is worth a pick plus a young player imho. Bertans is the same deal.

Kessler
Porzingis playing the 4
Markaanen

I just think Porzingis would make for an interesting matchup issue for many teams. Length, athleticism, shooting.

I think the wizards have been disappointed with him and if we could buy low, it would be fun to watch.

Olynyk, THT, and filler?
Conley, Olynyk, and a second round pick?

Kessler
Porzingis playing the 4
Markaanen

Personally, I think Heat is a top 5 organisation in player development. I never want to scrape the bottom of the barrel of clubs that have a great rep in developing guys.

For Porzingis, I heard he wants to stay in Washington and would likely be pretty expensive to sign or to trade for. He likely wants a pretty high volume of shots and doesnt self-create much so if we ever made a move like that we'd better be damn sure we get an elite passing guard(s) for the future first.

I think a good reference route for top 2 scorers is the Tatum/Brown combo where we try to find a guy who does what JC does with more efficiency, more BBIQ and better defense. That and finding the continuation plan for Conley are really the top 2 positions we need to resolve before we know what we need from that 3rd frontcourt guy.