What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

DFS is the type of win now acquisition I’m not excited about. No idea what Dallas s thinking there but the price would have to be lower than I think it should be… would seem like a contender would outbid us on a deal for him.

I just think Porzingis would make for an interesting matchup issue for many teams. Length, athleticism, shooting.

I think the wizards have been disappointed with him and if we could buy low, it would be fun to watch.

Olynyk, THT, and filler?
Conley, Olynyk, and a second round pick?
I think I would stay away from Porz. I think the idea of Porz is better than the reality, as we have seen now with 2 teams that should have been dominant with him but just couldn't make it work. I think he is the problem and we should stay away.

The Jazz remain among the teams with strong interest in Collins. When the Jazz and Hawks discussed a Collins deal early in the season, Atlanta asked for Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, according to sources. The Jazz countered by asking for a first-round pick in return, and when the Hawks declined, talks stalled.

It remains to be seen where conversations unfold between Fields and the Jazz’s front office led by CEO Danny Ainge and GM Justin Zanik.

Forward Jalen McDaniels continues to be a name several teams like the Suns, Raptors, Jazz, Pacers and Spurs are closely monitoring, but the Hornets value the 6-foot-9 forward whom they have developed over the past four seasons. Teams with interest and cap space this offseason, such as the Jazz, Pacers and Spurs, may opt to wait until free agency to court McDaniels, who will be unrestricted, instead of trading an asset to acquire him now while having to compensate him in July.

The Jazz are expressing strong interest in Mavericks forward Dorian Finney-Smith, as teams have gotten the impression that Dallas would be open to moving the 29-year-old in the right deal for a star-caliber player, sources say. The Mavericks have an incredibly high price threshold for teams reaching out about Finney-Smith, rival executives say.

DFS is the type of win now acquisition I’m not excited about. No idea what Dallas s thinking there but the price would have to be lower than I think it should be… would seem like a contender would outbid us on a deal for him.

I could be wrong but it seems like we’d be the third team in a deal for Dallas to get a really good player.

Let’s say they go after someone like Anunoby. They send DFS our way. We send expiring salary plus a pick to Toronto and Dallas sends their own picks to Toronto.

I don’t get any part of the DFS rumor unless Mike is considered a “star player”. Maybe we unload a pick to get him and they use that pick to help in getting a star. Weird all the way around. Feels like Mavs looped is in their for leverage.

I could be wrong but it seems like we’d be the third team in a deal for Dallas to get a really good player.

Let’s say they go after someone like Anunoby. They send DFS our way. We send expiring salary plus a pick to Toronto and Dallas sends their own picks to Toronto.
Yeah that’s what I kinda hinted at below but I’d still be a little puzzled if we had the best offer… that seems like a Phoenix, Milwaukee, NO type of target… Memphis too. If it was the Philly pick then by all means… if it’s more than that then hard pass.

Yeah that’s what I kinda hinted at below but I’d still be a little puzzled if we had the best offer… that seems like a Phoenix, Milwaukee, NO type of target… Memphis too. If it was the Philly pick then by all means… if it’s more than that then hard pass.

Olynyk plus the PHI/BKN pick maybe. He signed a really team friendly extension too.

I really hope all this anticipation isn't for nothing. So many times with DL running the show you were just waiting for something to happen and it ended up being a giant dud.

Maybe Jazz won't be involved but it feels like a fairly big trade goes down as early as today. Too much smoke.
This week you will see a trade I bet… teams are so weird in how they wait until the last day just in case some amazing thing comes through the door.

Knicks reportedly interested in Beasley/Vando and Pacers are interested in Vando as well.
I think Vando ends up in Indiana. They can just take his salary and they have the 30th and 31st pick in the draft.

Lots of smoke on Malik… think he moves somewhere.

The closer we get to the deadline the more I hope we don't trade Vando. I have a feeling over the next couple of seasons he is going to make a pretty big jump on both ends of the court.

Trading Clarkson now would be a priority to me. At 31 years old this summer, he doesn’t fit our rebuild timeline. And he’s a 6th man type of player on a contender team, and we already have a similar younger guard in Sexton. Plus JC may well be eyeing free agency anyway because of his age - makes sense for him to want to play for a team that has a better chance to win a championship.

Last edited:
Trading Clarkson now would be a priority to me. At 31 years old this summer, he doesn’t fit our rebuild timeline. And he’s a 6th man type of player in a contender team, and we already have a similar younger guard in Sexton. Plus JC may well be eyeing free agency anyway because of his age -makes sense for him to want to play for a team that has a chance to win a championship.
That and he should actually have good value in the league.

I don’t get any part of the DFS rumor unless Mike is considered a “star player”. Maybe we unload a pick to get him and they use that pick to help in getting a star. Weird all the way around. Feels like Mavs looped is in their for leverage.
They are in win now so JC? Sort of like a budget version of Jalen Brunson..