What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I wouldn't trade much for him but I like the upside of bones. Also a huge lol at everyone with the individual defensive stats, those are garbage. Vanderbilt for him might be a bit too much though and I don't really like Vanderbilt that much except as an energy guy off the bench for 15 or so a night.

Long discussion about Bones here... but few things were not mentioned:
1) Nuggets who love home grown stuff put him on a serving platter in his 2nd year, to get a defender in return. They absolutely do not believe in him.
2) According to George Karl, "his shot selection could kill a championship team"

He looks like a spaz and I dont think he is a guy who fits into a team that wants to play ball movement team basketball.

Few key news from yesterday I didnt notice if they were discussed here:
- Shams reported that we have re-engaged Hawks about John Collins
- Dallas is apparently interested in Malik Beasley and "numerous league sources" said that he could be in a package to get DFS. This news came from DallasBasketball.com via Grant Afseth and it was published many hours after the speculations that we are too far apart nothing is likely to happen
- We have made inquiries about Jalen McDaniels even though he is not officially made available for trade by Hornets. His contract will expire this summer so its unlikely we would pay for him (probably called to get our name out to him for next summer FA)
- Our asking prices for our vets are supposedly very high

This all seems like we are trying to get a starting 5 PF upgrade right now at the cost of moving two pieces that are not long term fits (Beasley and Vando). No smoke around JC or KO. Are we buyers?

Few key news from yesterday I didnt notice if they were discussed here:
- Shams reported that we have re-engaged Hawks about John Collins
- Dallas is apparently interested in Malik Beasley and "numerous league sources" said that he could be in a package to get DFS. This news came from DallasBasketball.com via Grant Afseth and it was published many hours after the speculations that we are too far apart nothing is likely to happen
- We have made inquiries about Jalen McDaniels even though he is not officially made available for trade by Hornets. His contract will expire this summer so its unlikely we would pay for him (probably called to get our name out to him for next summer FA)
- Our asking prices for our vets are supposedly very high

This all seems like we are trying to get a starting 5 PF upgrade right now at the cost of moving two pieces that are not long term fits (Beasley and Vando). No smoke around JC or KO. Are we buyers?
Go listen to Lowe and McMahon… they are convinced we become sellers.

Ive heard them.. but they seem to base their prediction on the general conception of what rebuilding teams do rather than what we are reportedly doing.

I'm not sure.. signs are mixed right now.
Tim was literally in SLC. If you think we are going to be buyers then I think you are hearing what you want. If we had first round offers on our guys we’d take them… we will be opportunistic on adding actual players but everything we are doing is with an eye towards 2-3 years down the road. That doesn’t say “buyer” to me.

Tim was literally in SLC. If you think we are going to be buyers then I think you are hearing what you want. If we had first round offers on our guys we’d take them… we will be opportunistic on adding actual players but everything we are doing is with an eye towards 2-3 years down the road. That doesn’t say “buyer” to me.
You didnt read what I posted. I didnt proclaim anything... I asked the question, and even repeated that by saying "the signs are mixed". You are the one with stronger conviction, and picking the expert you choose to trust here. So you are the one hearing what you want.

The best way to upgrade our roster right now is to get a PF who can guard perimeter and at least shoot corner 3s. We are connected to every single player of that type who is potentially cheap enough to just switch pieces around without giving up assets. Even Jalen McDaniels, whose contract is expiring this year. And DFS, who is 29 years old. Mavs were not interested in any of our guys, but suddenly Beasley is on their radar.

Why are we pushing for that archtype right now when we could easily address it in the draft as you said?

Both are true. The reality is we have made everyone available except (Lauri, Ochai and Walker) that means we are open for business. But given the assets we have we are on the hunt for 3 and D players and positional size as previously mentioned by Tony Jones. In this market I think it is unlikely that we buy given the elevated values. Unless the FO is looking at a sell high, buy high proposition.

Long discussion about Bones here... but few things were not mentioned:
1) Nuggets who love home grown stuff put him on a serving platter in his 2nd year, to get a defender in return. They absolutely do not believe in him.
2) According to George Karl, "his shot selection could kill a championship team"

He looks like a spaz and I dont think he is a guy who fits into a team that wants to play ball movement team basketball.
1. They are trying to win now bud. Developing 2nd year players isn't great for that

2. George Karl is a moron boomer

I'll repeat what I've said before, but I really hope we trade one/some of our guards. I would really like an extended look at NAW and would like to see him as part of the regular rotation.

Ya conley is the one i think we shoukd be trying to move most. Bad fit with the timeline, big contract, deepest position.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope so. If we trade Conley, Vando, and Beasley and return with Collins, Kennard, and picks from both ATL and LAC that is great business. Buying low, selling high, and getting paid in picks to insure the process.

This would be awesome.

Now I was Crown Burger. Thanks a lot

I was trying to decide between crown burger and The Philadelphian yesterday. Went with the Philadelphian and it was ok but i was underwhelmed (expectations were probably too high).
Wish i would have went to crown.

Damn, now i want Crown Burger.

Can someone explain to me why are we talking about trading Beasley? Don’t we want players who can shoot? Is he too old? Too short? I haven’t been following news much but I’m games he seems like one of the better shooters.

All players can shoot. We want players who make shots and do other stuff along with the making of shots.