What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The Westbrook trade is a little ho-hum since it’s been on the table for so long , but it’s all about both picks , not just one

Clipps want to move or pay out wall .

Interesting to see what nets do with Finey-smith , I’d say they are more open in moving him for the right return .

Think DA is doing this perfectly , sit back and wait for the panic
DFS will stay in Brooklyn until they tear it down this summer. Basically they are trying to make one run then will sell everything off. DFS has a long term deal and his value will stay high.

I could see them offering that pick with Ben Simmons to a team like San Antonio and getting role players back.

I agree… I wonder if James gets super aggressive and they feel the need to do something.
Maybe, but If all they offered for Kyrie was a single first, would they want to include 27 and 29 for a bunch of role players ?

Not that i can't convince myself at 27 lightly protected and maybe a 28 swap for Westbrook, but for that i'd be okay selling them what ? Conley and Olynyk ?

Is there anyone that can look me in the eye and tell me that Dallas is a contender right now? Who the hell is playing defense on that team? Luka an Kyrie could score 40 a night each and they are still going to lose a lot of games.

Nope… that’s the culture killer. We are a step beyond that type of deal. That guy needs a couple miracles to be what he was… I’m good.

Don't understand how this is a culture killer. Ben will never be what he was, I'm pretty sure of that now, but he is still a useful player as he is right now and I do think he will get better away from the lights. Overpaid, yes. How much does it matter to the Jazz in terms of opportunity cost? Not much IMO. I'd easily take Simmons and the pick for some of our role players. I do not value them very highly, especially the older ones.

Is there anyone that can look me in the eye and tell me that Dallas is a contender right now? Who the hell is playing defense on that team? Luka an Kyrie could score 40 a night each and they are still going to lose a lot of games.
They are not a contender as presently constructed. They could drop the protection on the '23 FRP they owe NY and trade their '25 and '27 picks this coming week for additional help.
Filling that DFS hole is going to be their biggest issue.

Don't understand how this is a culture killer. Ben will never be what he was, I'm pretty sure of that now, but he is still a useful player as he is right now and I do think he will get better away from the lights. Overpaid, yes. How much does it matter to the Jazz in terms of opportunity cost? Not much IMO. I'd easily take Simmons and the pick for some of our role players. I do not value them very highly, especially the older ones.
The problem with Simmons is that he is a straight up a-hole. There is nothing to suggest that he will improve or get better "away from the lights." Nobody who plays with him much likes him. There is no feel good redemption story on the way from him.

Imagine at work if they fired many of the coworkers you liked and replaced them with one grating a-hole making twice as much as everyone else. A guy who couldn't even do the job he was hired for. You would hate that guy and the people who hired him.

Players are not a spreadsheet. Unless I'm playing Football Manager. . .

I hope not. Between nutjob Kyrie, whiney *** Luka, and douchebag Cuban they are up there for being the most unlikeable franchise in the NBA.

He is the worst dude… no one likes him… he likely doesn’t like playing basketball… and he clogs the cap for 2-3 years. If we were tanking maybe but he’s broken physically or mentally or both. He’s great for a tanking team but anything other than that he’s a distraction that’s not worth the time.

Yeah I don’t get it… I’m guessing Cuban knows Luka ain’t happy cuz this seems really desperate to me.