What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Jazz would have to cut a deal somewhere else to keep themselves from going over the tax line. It’s not worth becoming a taxpayer this year. . . much rather keep flexibility than help the Lakers owners save cash.

We would still be about 600K under the tax.

We would still be about 600K under the tax.
I think you also get a small gift from Russ when you buy him out. Tell him you will buy him out immediately if he gives back a minimum salary amount and he is free to go wherever he wants. If he says no then tell him you will keep him on the roster the rest of the season... even if he gives back like 1M it gives you some space and he will make it all back.

I think you also get a small gift from Russ when you buy him out. Tell him you will buy him out immediately if he gives back a minimum salary amount and he is free to go wherever he wants. If he says no then tell him you will keep him on the roster the rest of the season... even if he gives back like 1M it gives you some space and he will make it all back.

I think he would have to give back at least 1.8M if he planned on taking the minimum from another team.

Gonna be awesome when the Clippers swoop in with the overpay on Conley just to keep him off the Lakers. Then we take Kennard AND Beasley, give THEM to the Lakers and keep Vando.

Woj and others mentioning Toronto here... do they do like a DFS/Harris for Trent/OG with Nets giving two picks? I thought DFS was the guy KD wanted.

Taking pick swaps from them in 2027 and 2029 would still allow them to trade their 2028/2030 firsts if they wanted to next summer. They will also run a PR campaign stating they didn’t give up any future picks since they’re guaranteed to have one etc.

I think there is a non-zero chance that Westbrook shows up if the Jazz trade for him. I'm not sure that the buyout market is going to be there for him. It would definitely make news.

Dinwiddie/Harris for FVV/Trent Jr. with Brooklyn sending the Dallas pick is my guess.

I feel like anytime you see this kind of news it's already not happening. Like people learn about these deals after they have fallen through. I actually get less excited we see stuff for the Jazz like last week for different teams wanting Vando. When the trade comes it's gonna just drop out of nowhere. The hit rate on these 'exploring the possibility' trade tweets has got to be 0% or lower.

DFS / Cam Thomas / Dinwiddie / 2 or 3 FRP for OG / FVV
They owe Houston all their picks until '27 (FRP in '24 and '26, swaps in '25 and '27). They have the Mavs pick now, of course, but I think they only have one additional pick to sell (plus swap this year and 28 or 29).

I feel like anytime you see this kind of news it's already not happening. Like people learn about these deals after they have fallen through. I actually get less excited we see stuff for the Jazz like last week for different teams wanting Vando. When the trade comes it's gonna just drop out of nowhere. The hit rate on these 'exploring the possibility' trade tweets has got to be 0% or lower.

Naw, they happen. I just doubt that "Legion Hoops" has the scoop. . .