What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Two FRP's and a player for Clarkson??

LOL.

If DA pulls that off, he's officially the greatest GM of all time.

People keep repeating Clarkson's counting stats as if they mean anything. He's gotten a ton of minutes, touches and shots this season. Teams don't want that version of JC. He's inefficient and they already have people in place for those high volume scoring roles.

Danny's asking price is for a high scoring starter, teams want a bench veteran on a shorter leash. That doesn't cost you 2 first round picks and a player in this league.

Last edited:
If you could get the Milwaukee pick unprotected I would not mind sending out JC for that. If you landed Beauchamp it’s a home run… he’s pretty intriguing to me.

Ainge is probably selling Clarkson as the missing piece of a team championship.
Clarkson is worth a lot.
As a starter or as a 6th man. Pretty much any team in the league could use him. He won’t go for two first round picks (even protected ones) but there’s no harm in asking until someone comes back with their best competitive offer.

I’m hoping the Jazz bite the proverbial bullet in the next two days and cut a good deal for most of their veteran players. Stock the draft cupboard, lean heavily on Markkanen, Kessler, Sexton and Agbaji for the rest of the season and see where our draft picks end up.

Serious question - after last night’s terrible game, will the Timberwolves be active in trades for Naz and DLo in an overreaction? And, would trades of those two guys help or hurt their team more?

He felt like they weren't transparent and he was a great leader and he just wants to be appreciated... and hey he did his job... he left them in 4th place.

He needs to listen to that Taylor Swift song on repeat for like a year and really internalize it... he is the problem.
pretty good song. I like lavender haze better though.
Kyrie is a douche from what I can tell from my far away and not knowing him well at all vantage point.

I'm growing frustrated as well.. we need a deal done like yesterday…
No we dont. Just need deals done by the deadline. Im fine with waiting till the last minute and getting the best deals he can get.

LOL.

People keep repeating Clarkson's counting stats as if they mean anything. He's gotten a ton of minutes, touches and shots this season. Teams don't want that version of JC. He's inefficient and they already have people in place for those high volume scoring roles.

Danny's asking price is for a high scoring starter, teams want a bench veteran on a shorter leash. That doesn't cost you 2 first round picks and a player in this league.
He’s not inefficient. He’s high volume average or slightly better efficiency. He’s worth a good first or a first plus a little more imo. You get the 2029 (or 28 can’t remember what one they can move) Bucks pick that is fair to me.

He’s a starter quality SG… is he like the 15ish best sg on the league? I haven’t looked at an actual list but I’d guess he’s right around that range.

LOL.

Plus you'd have to pay him in the summer or else he's just a 30 game rental.

Kyrie just went for an unprotected 2029 first plus two starters and he’s even more of a flight risk than Clarkson. I understand he’s more talented but a premium unprotected pick shouldn’t be out of the question. He’s averaging 21/4/4. He’s a really good player and has a ton of playoff experience.

Kyrie just went for an unprotected 2029 first plus two starters and he’s even more of a flight risk than Clarkson. I understand he’s more talented but a premium unprotected pick shouldn’t be out of the question. He’s averaging 21/4/4. He’s a really good player and has a ton of playoff experience.
It definitely should be out of the question. Clarkson is worth a pick in the 15-25 range. Most likely later in that range.

It sucks that I 100% believe that report. He did the same thing in Boston when it came to the smaller pieces with comically large asking prices.
Its Monty... so believe the idea if you want... but do not believe the "report".

I also agree a bit... trying to get two picks out of LA for the Russ deal is a little aggressive. Take a pick swap with the Philly pick and one pick and call it a day.